Bicycle accidents can cause severe injuries and fatalities. Though different states have laws and safety regulations to curb bicycle accidents, they still occur. If you are a victim of a bicycle accident, you may have a right to claim compensation from the negligent party.
If you want to claim damages for your injuries or the death of a loved one due to a bicycle accident, you may need to consider hiring a bicycle accident lawyer. A lawyer who understands navigating such claims can handle your case best and win maximum compensation.
How an Erlanger Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Bicycle accident injuries can cost victims and their families thousands in medical costs and other expenses. If you want to claim damages, it may be best to work with a bicycle accident lawyer. Hiring a law firm after a bicycle accident is vital. Your lawyer can:
- Advise you on what to do after the accident to protect your claim
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- File a claim or lawsuit as per the state laws
- Ensure you seek proper medical attention
- Gather evidence, such as witness reports, police reports, and medical records, to support your claim
- Establish negligence
- Value your claim
- Negotiate fair compensation with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit, if necessary
- Defend your case in court
Since your lawyer’s primary goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve, a law firm can use all its resources and work with experts to investigate your case. Bicycle accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. You do not have to pay any legal fees upfront until you get compensated.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Erlanger, call 800-333-9999
Causes and Types of Truck Accidents
These accidents are caused by several negligent actions, such as:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigue driving
- Poor road design or maintenance
- Mechanical or equipment failure
- Poor visibility
These actions can cause various types of accidents, such as:
- Red Light Bike Accident: This accident happens when a cyclist who has stopped on the right side of a car gets hit when the vehicle in front turns right into the cyclist when the light turns green.
- Right-hook Accident: This occurs when a car overtakes a bicyclist on the left and then turns either in front of or into the bicyclist immediately.
- Right-cross Bike Collision: The accident occurs when a vehicle pulls out from the right side of a driveway, road, or parking lot without warning and strikes the cyclist.
- Rear-end Accident: A motor vehicle hits a cyclist behind a rear-end accident. These collisions are typically caused by distracted or aggressive driving.
- Wrong-way Bicycle Accident: In this accident, a cyclist is hit head-on by a car pulling out from the left while riding on the wrong side of the road.
- Left-cross Accident: This crash happens when a vehicle from the opposite direction turns left in front of or into the cyclist.
- Door-prize Accident: This happens when a driver or a passenger in a parallel parked car opens their car door into the path of an oncoming cyclist without warning.
Since the cause of the accident also determines the negligent party, your lawyer can use the evidence to establish negligence, determine the liable party or parties, and how much compensation you can claim.
Erlanger Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Types of Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Cyclists are susceptible to several severe injuries after an accident. Though bicyclists are encouraged to wear safety gear, such as elbow pads, knee pads, and helmets, these gears cannot protect cyclists from injuries, especially if the accident involves large trucks or excessive speed.
Accident victims often sustain injuries like:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Minor injuries, like wounds and road rash
- Internal organ damage
- Dental fractures
- Muscular strains
- Severe injuries in the neck and throat
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Psychological issues, like anxiety and depression
These injuries can result in economic and non-economic damages. The liable party can compensate you under their property liability insurance, homeowners’, or auto insurance. In some cases, you can recover damages from an auto insurance policy.
However, this may only apply if the cause of the accident involves a motor vehicle and you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Medical Payments (MedPay).
Bicycle Accident Statute of Limitations in Kentucky
As per Revised Statutes section 413.140 in Kentucky, you only have one year from the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, such as bicycle accident claims. This applies to any victim involved in the accident, including bicyclists, pedestrians, passengers, drivers, and other road users.
In Kentucky, if the accident was fatal, surviving family members also have two years from the date of the death to file a claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Suppose you were recently a victim of a bicycle accident in Erlanger. In that case, it is in your best interest to hire a lawyer familiar with the state and federal rules governing bicycle accident claims. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we are ready to discuss your case, give you legal advice, and determine how to claim compensation. Call us for a free consultation and legal help.