Paralysis changes your life forever. After sustaining such an injury, you may have to change jobs. You could have to hire in-home help or need assistance with daily tasks. If another party’s negligence caused your condition, you have the right to explore your legal options.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers advocates for people in your situation. An Elsmere paralysis lawyer from our team can pursue the financial recovery you need. Compensation could account for your past, present, and future injury-related losses. You can learn more about your options today during a free case review.
How Our Elsmere Paralysis Lawyers Can Help You
Being suddenly robbed of your mobility can be devastating. Yet, it may comfort you to know that you have legal options. Whether through a claim or lawsuit, you can recover the compensation needed to promote your quality of life.
While you focus on adapting to your condition, our team will:
- Gather the evidence needed to prove your case, such as the police report
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable insurer
- Calculate and pursue your injury-related losses
- Abide by all legal filing deadlines
- Manage all case-related communications
- Answer your questions and address your concerns
- File a lawsuit in civil court
- Handle your insurance claim from start to finish
Our team serving Elsmere comprises seasoned legal professionals who have one goal: to recover compensation for your losses.
We Follow Your Case-Related Deadlines After You Suffer Paralysis
The statute of limitations sets a deadline for personal injury lawsuits. Here are some deadlines to be aware of:
- You generally have two years to file a car accident lawsuit, with the deadline beginning from the date the accident happened or when you discovered your injury.
- You typically have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were injured in something other than a car accident, like a slip and fall.
- You generally have one year to file your wrongful death lawsuit, although some cases allow up to two years to file.
Because of these deadlines, we recommend reaching out to our paralysis attorneys serving Elsmere right away. The sooner you contact us, the more time we have to build your case. The stronger your case, the better the outcome.
We Serve Injured Claimants on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our law firm believes that every injured claimant deserves representation. As such, we offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you only pay our attorney’s fees if we win your case. There are no upfront fees or costs, either. Our legal fees come as a percentage of the compensation we recover for you.
For a free legal consultation with a paralysis lawyer serving Elsmere, call 800-333-9999
We Manage Personal Injury Cases Stemming From These Incidents
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that strokes are the leading cause of paralysis. Strokes can happen during high-risk surgeries, meaning that medical professionals must take extreme caution when operating on certain patients. Otherwise, they risk causing medical malpractice—the third leading cause of death in the United States.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers advocates for people who have suffered paralysis due to:
- Traffic accidents involving cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Dog bites
- Premises liability incidents, such as slip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
As noted, we also advocate for wrongful death claimants.
Elsmere Paralysis Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Elsmere Paralysis Case
Once we’ve determined liability, we can initiate negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. A settlement could account for:
- All medical expenses arising from the accident
- Home health care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages and loss of future earning potential
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Wrongful death-related expenses, if you lost a loved one
How Much Could I Recover for My Injury-Related Expenses?
Typically, the more serious your condition, the more compensation you can recover. Our team weighs various aspects of your case when determining what constitutes a fair settlement offer or court award. These factors include:
- The severity of your condition
- Whether you’ll ever regain your previous quality of life
- Your missed time from work
- The cost of your necessary healthcare expenses
- The accident’s details
- The liable insurance policy
Our team has decades of experience winning seven-figure settlements for our clients. You can learn more about our previous case outcomes today.
What to Do After Suffering Paralysis in Elsmere
The following considerations are optional. That’s because certain injuries (such as paralysis) can prevent you from taking certain steps. If possible, you should:
Document the Accident Scene
You should take photos and videos of the accident scene. For instance, if you were in a collision, take photos of the involved vehicles. If you slipped and fell at a department store, you should photograph the hazard. While your lawyer can investigate your case and gather evidence, certain information is extremely time sensitive. We need as much information as possible to build your case.
Follow Through With Medical Treatment
Seeking medical treatment goes beyond your initial doctor’s visit. You should take all medications as prescribed, attend physical therapy, and refrain from strenuous activity. Given the nature of paralysis, your doctor may suggest residing in a long-term care facility. You should follow through with that obligation.
Contact Our Paralysis Team
You can connect with our legal team serving Elsmere at your earliest convenience. We can start our partnership by exploring your options during a free case review. Here, we can address your concerns, answer your questions, and lay out a plan for moving forward. You can also get peace of mind knowing that our team stands ready to advocate for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us, and Get a Free Case Review
Has an accident in Elsmere left you paralyzed and unable to live your life like you used to? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can pursue maximum compensation for your losses. We’ve helped thousands of clients in positions just like yours. Contact us for a free case review and learn how we can help.