Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have a devastating impact physically, emotionally, and financially. While we cannot undo an injury, our attorneys can help you obtain monetary damages to help ease the burden you face if you are unable to return to work and require long-term medical treatment or care at home.
Whether your TBI results from an auto accident, medical malpractice, or a slip and fall, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to receive. With over 400 years of combined experience in personal injury law, our traumatic brain injury lawyers serving Elsmere have a track record of obtaining favorable settlements or verdicts on behalf of clients who suffered harm due to other people’s negligence.
We Fight to Hold All Responsible Parties Accountable for Their Negligence
While many people can make a full recovery, others are not so fortunate. Even minor head and brain injuries can significantly affect a person’s speech, memory, and other cognitive abilities, causing severe upheaval in their home and work life. In the worst cases, the damage is fatal.
Despite improvements to safety standards and increased rules and regulations, TBIs due to negligence are still very common. Leading causes include:
- Motor vehicle crashes and traffic-related accidents
- Slip or fall accidents
- Being struck by or against an object
- Medical malpractice or negligence
- Sports or recreational activities
Accidents involving brain trauma can be costly. Medical bills and other related costs can quickly add up, and victims and their families face a very different future than anticipated. Unfortunately, insurance companies are aware of this hardship and do not always act in your best interest. They often seek to protect their assets rather than yours.
Our Attorneys Are Here to Ensure You Are Fairly Compensated For Your Losses
Our team will ease the burden of managing a complex legal case so you can focus on being with your family and healing at this difficult time. To be successful in proving your case, we will need to demonstrate the following elements:
- The person responsible for your injury had a duty of care that they failed to meet.
- You suffered personal harm or injury as a result.
- Their actions actually caused your injuries and damages.
We will help you prove your case by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident to identify liable parties
- Reviewing all records related to your case
- Assessing the financial extent of your injuries and other losses related to the accident
- Working to recover all the money you are entitled to obtain, including future damages
The effects of a brain injury can be difficult to gauge. The medical information to support your claim may not always be clear and distinct. However, in complex cases where liability is unclear, we can access a network of medical, financial, and crash reconstruction specialists who can provide expert testimony as evidence in support of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Elsmere, call 800-333-9999
How Much Compensation Can You Obtain in TBI Accident Claims?
There is no average settlement amount for a TBI accident, because no two cases are identical. Therefore, the compensation you could receive will depend on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries. However, we typically pursue some or all of the following monetary damages on behalf of our clients:
- The cost of your medical care
- Lost wages if your injuries affect your employment or ability to work long term
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of changes to your home or vehicle to accommodate your recovery and ongoing care needs
- The cost of any specialist equipment, mobility aids, or professional home care
- Any other expenses related to your injuries
You could recover burial, funeral, and end-of-life medical care costs if your loved one succumbed to their TBI.
How Long You Have to Recover Damages After a TBI
How long one has to file a case after sustaining a traumatic brain injury depends on how it happened. Typically:
- Vehicle accidents: Two years from the date of the accident (Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230)
- General personal injury: One year from the date of the incident (Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1))
- Wrongful death: One year from the date of death if you lost your loved one to a TBI (Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180)
If you get our firm involved in your case soon enough, we can help you comply with the deadline.
Elsmere Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
A TBI Can Cause Life-Long Health Problems
Even a minor jolt to the head can develop into something more serious if unchecked, so it is always important to see your healthcare provider after any head or brain trauma. TBIs are not always obvious, and symptoms may not appear right away, so they are often described as ‘invisible injuries.’ However, per Mayo Clinic, indicators of a TBI (which can range from mild to severe) can include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty sleeping
- Changes in mood
- Loss of coordination and dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Memory and concentration problems
- Loss of consciousness
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the symptoms above, seek immediate medical attention to ensure your wellbeing and reduce the risk of further harm. Having a doctor diagnose and treat your injuries also helps us tie the accident to your injuries, an essential factor during litigation.
We Can Help You Recover the Compensation You and Your Family Deserves
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure our clients can access the care they need and lead a fulfilling life following a brain injury. We will do everything we can to make the legal process as straightforward as possible and have contacts with medical professionals and other experts who can help.
If someone else caused your TBI, call our team for a free consultation to learn more about how our traumatic brain injury lawyers serving Elsmere can help you.