Nothing beats riding a motorcycle on a lovely spring or summer day—at least until a driver carelessly pulls out in front of you. Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately all too common in Kentucky, including Elsmere. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorbike accident, you may be able to receive significant financial compensation. Talk with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Elsmere today about your options.
Elsmere Motorcycle Accidents: What Causes Them and Who’s Liable
Your lawyer must demonstrate clear proof that your accident was caused by someone else to make a successful claim for motorcycle accident compensation.
There could be multiple factors and parties involved in causing your injuries, such as:
- Another vehicle on the road: Another driver or motorist may have driven carelessly or dangerously, causing an incident. For example, if someone cut you off at a crossroad and collided with you, knocking you off your bike.
- Motorcycle component breakdown: If you were harmed due to defective equipment, such as a faulty helmet, design flaw, or avoidable mechanical failure, you might be eligible to file a claim. In this case, the manufacturer of the motorcycle or its equipment is responsible.
- Poor road conditions: Improper road conditions, such as inadequate lighting, uneven surfaces, or holes may have contributed to your accident. You may be able to sue the local government or the road contractors for motorcycle injury compensation in this instance.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Elsmere, call 800-333-9999
Available Compensation for Elsmere Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in a motorbike accident or most other types of personal injury are compensated similarly. Economic and non-economic losses are the two types of losses that victims commonly encounter. Types of losses are typically divided into two categories: financial and non-financial losses.
Financial losses are damages that can be measured, an amount that can be recovered.
Some of the most common instances are:
- Loss of income: This damage refers to wages, salaries, or other sources of revenue that are lost as the injured can’t work because they need to recover following the accident. Not only that, but the wounded may have to work fewer hours or perhaps give up their previous job to find a new one that pays less.
- The costs of medical care: This compensation should cover all medical expenditures for injuries sustained in the accident from the date of the accident into the future. It may include hospital costs, surgery, rehabilitation, drugs, doctor’s visits, and medical equipment. If the harm is severe enough to cause lasting damage, such as disability, the responsible party may be required to pay for house renovations to meet such limitations.
Damages that aren’t quantifiable are known as non-financial losses.
The following are some of the scenarios we see most:
- Loss of consortium: When your loved one is the one who is injured in an accident that results in wrongful death, it’s known as loss of consortium/companionship. As a survivor, You have the right to compensation for the loss of companionship and services to the family. Whether or not the victim previously acted as the backbone of the family or not can also be a factor.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage can make up for the emotional suffering that the injuries have inflicted on the accident’s victim. It can also cover the victim’s loss of pleasure in life since they may be unable to engage in hobbies and other activities they actively liked to perform before the accident.
Elsmere Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Kentucky’s Motorcycle Accident Statute of Limitations
After an accident, there is a limited amount of time you can bring legal action. In Kentucky, you have one year from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you’re unclear about how much time you have left to file a personal injury claim in Elsmere, you should speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving the area immediately. You may not only quickly clear up your deadline questions, but you can also rest easy knowing that the chances of a claim being denied are lower.
The longer you wait to file a claim and seek compensation, the more likely evidence may be lost, or witnesses may forget the event’s details.
What You Should Know About Insurance Companies
Remember that insurance companies, whether they’re from the at-fault driver’s or your own, are in the business of making money—not giving charity. To maximize their profit, they’ll have no qualms about offering you the least money possible. So don’t be shocked if they act quickly to get you compensated.
Don’t get taken in by their first offer or cave to their pressure. Medical costs and being out of work may put you under a lot of stress, but you should know that you may get a far better settlement by contacting a lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why You Should Work With Us
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a lot of experience with catastrophic motorcycle accident claims. We also have successfully recovered $1 billion dollars in settlements for our clients.
You won’t have to pay us anything if we don’t win your case since we work on a contingency fee basis. We succeed when you do. Call us for a free consultation so we can get started on your case.