Ridesharing can lead to serious accidents. These accidents can be detrimental, leaving you with considerable damage. Moreover, your injuries can lead to expensive repairs and medical bills.
Fortunately, you may be able to recuperate compensation for your injuries. However, seeking compensation after an accident can be challenging. Let an Elkhart rideshare accident lawyer help with your case.
Our team of attorneys can fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
How an Elkhart Rideshare Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Our rideshare accident lawyers have a combined experience of over 400 years of legal experience. Moreover, we have obtained over $1 billion in compensation for our previous clients. Our team can build your case and represent you by:
Investigating the Accident and Collecting Evidence
We can investigate your rideshare accident and gather evidence to build your case. For instance, we can:
- Obtain medical records
- Request the official police report
- Conduct eyewitness interviews
- Review images and video surveillance footage of the accident and scene
- Evaluate a driver’s history
- Inspect a vehicle’s maintenance records
- Consult accident reconstruction specialists
The circumstances surrounding your case will help determine how much compensation you can receive. However, a rideshare accident lawyer in Elkhart can investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove liability and fight for fair compensation.
Observing the Indiana Statute of Limitations
All personal injury cases have a statute of limitations that dictates the time you have to file a claim. According to the Indiana statute of limitations, as dictated by IC §34-11-2-4, you generally have two years from the date of the rideshare accident to file your case.
In some cases, the situation might not be as simple. The timeline can vary, depending on your case. A rideshare accident attorney in Elkhart can ensure all legal documents are filed promptly to prevent the dismissal of your case.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company
Insurance policies pertaining to rideshare accidents can be complex. For example, if the accident happened:
- While the rideshare app was off, rideshare insurance does not apply. In this case, the driver’s personal insurance may cover the accident, if applicable.
- During a ride or while the driver was picking up passengers, rideshare insurance may handle your settlement, as long as the rideshare app was on.
- When the rideshare app was on and the driver was waiting for a ride request, the driver’s personal insurance may cover the damages. However, rideshare liability coverage can apply if personal insurance does not.
Our rideshare accident attorneys can represent you and communicate with insurance companies on your behalf while you rest and recover.
Negotiating a Settlement
The settlement you receive will depend on the extent of the damages. However, sometimes the responsible party or insurance company may try to minimize the severity of your injuries or try to deflect liability. Nevertheless, our team can handle negotiations on your behalf and fight for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Elkhart, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Elkhart Rideshare Accident Case
The accident you were in can have multiple adverse effects. You might have injuries to your physical self and your property. Furthermore, the cost of these injuries can be overwhelming.
Our rideshare accident lawyers can help you get compensation to cover a variety of damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as surgery and medication
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost or reduced ability to earn future income
- The cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- Rehabilitation and at-home care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced or lost quality of life
- In-home modifications, such as widened doorways
- Childcare costs, if your injuries prevent you from caring for minor children
How much compensation you can receive will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries and the cost associated with them.
Wrongful Death Damages
In the unfortunate event that you lose your loved one due to a rideshare accident, our lawyer can help you recover wrongful death damages. These damages can cover the costs related to your loved one’s passing, such as:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Cost of settling the deceased’s estate
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of the deceased’s income
Elkhart Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Cost of Hiring an Elkhart Rideshare Accident Lawyer
We understand that the time after an accident can be very stressful, and we don’t want to add to that. We have a contingency-fee policy at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. This means you don’t pay us any upfront fees or costs.
You will only pay us once we win or settle your case.
Common Causes of Elkhart Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, such as negligent driving. Negligent driving can include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or calling
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Turning or merging without signaling
- Fatigued driving
- Failing to adhere to stop signs and lights
Moreover, one or multiple parties can be liable for the accident, including the rideshare driver or a third party. Our Elkhart rideshare accident lawyers can investigate your accident and establish liability.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an Elkhart Rideshare Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Case
Our attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, led by Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, can help with your rideshare accident case. Let our team build your case and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery. Contact us today for a free case review.