There’s no such thing as a “minor” concussion. These traumatic brain injuries can cause long-term complications, such as vertigo, mood changes, and headaches. They also increase the likelihood of a second concussion recurring, making an injured person even more vulnerable. If you’re recovering from a concussion, you may wonder if you have legal options when holding the at-fault party responsible.
With Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you can rest easy knowing that our seasoned legal professionals are managing your case. An Elizabethtown concussion injuries lawyer can fight for the compensation you need, including anticipated healthcare costs. You don’t have to pursue damages alone. Attorney Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs and his team want to fight for you.
Our Concussion Injuries Team Serving Elizabethtown Can Manage Your Case
A concussion can easily affect your entire life. Such an injury may make it difficult for you to maintain gainful employment or perform daily activities. The legal process of recovering compensation can get complicated, but we can help by:
- Investigating the events leading up to the accident
- Identifying all at-fault and liable parties
- Gathering evidence to strengthen your case
- Interviewing any witnesses present at the accident scene and recording their statements
- Consulting with field experts to learn more about your concussion
- Filing a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires (if litigation could yield damages)
- Determining your economic and non-economic damages
- Handling all legal paperwork and communications with the insurance company
- Providing regular updates and answering your questions
Our injury team serving Elizabethtown has the time, energy, and resources to guide your case to a fair conclusion.
We Operate on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay any legal fees or costs upfront. Instead, the payment for our legal services comes from the reimbursement we secure for you. Injured claimants can learn about our contingency-fee-based arrangements during their free case reviews.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injuries lawyer serving Elizabethtown, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Elizabethtown Concussion Injury Case
The compensation you could recover depends on the severity of your injury, how it impacts your life moving forward, and other related factors.
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Medical expenses: Compensation could include expenses for hospital visits, surgical care, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and prescription medications.
- Lost income and benefits: If your concussion injury forces you to miss work, you deserve to be compensated for your lost tips, commissions, bonuses, and benefits.
- Reduced future earning capacity: A concussion can permanently affect your earning power. We can review your employment records to determine the difference between what you made before getting hurt versus what you can make now.
- Pain and suffering: You’re entitled to a monetary reward for the physical pain and emotional suffering you’ve endured due to your concussion.
- Diminished quality of life: You deserve compensation if you cannot perform daily activities or participate in activities you once enjoyed, like walking the dog or playing with your kids.
- Temporary or permanent disability: If your concussion injury has caused a partial or total disability, we can consider these hardships in your injury claim’s value.
Many times, people ask us: “How much can I recover after suffering a concussion?” Your case’s value depends on many aspects unique to your situation. You can rest assured that we’ll pursue everything you’re owed through the claims process.
Elizabethtown Concussion Injuries Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations for Concussion Injury Cases in Kentucky
Kentucky, like all states, has a statute of limitations that regulates the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. Your filing deadline depends on the incident that caused your injury. For instance, if you suffered harm in a collision, you could have two years to file your lawsuit, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
Alternatively, you typically have one year to file a lawsuit if you were hurt in another incident, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1). The statute of limitations may be extended or shortened under various circumstances. For instance, you could have less time to file a personal injury lawsuit if the negligent party is a government employee or agency. On the other hand, you could have more time to file if you were hurt as a minor.
Our team can evaluate your case’s filing deadline and act accordingly. We encourage you to connect with our injury team serving Elizabethtown as soon as possible.
Our Lawyers Can Prove Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Concussion
Recovering compensation requires our team to prove negligence. This involves showing:
- Duty of care: We must prove that the other party owed you a legal duty of care. For instance, the defendant was supposed to drive safely and observe all traffic rules.
- Breach of duty: We must prove that the other party breached their duty of care by acting carelessly or recklessly. In the above scenario, driving while intoxicated, speeding, or tailgating would all breach one’s duty of care.
- Causation: We must prove that the other party’s breach of duty directly caused the accident and your concussion.
- Damages: We must prove that you suffered monetary losses, like medical expenses and lost income, due to the concussion you suffered.
We Prove Negligence Using Your Case’s Evidence
Every strong personal injury case has one thing in common: evidence. We need evidence showing that because of another party’s actions, you suffered a concussion and various damages. Supporting information in your case may comprise:
- The police report
- Your medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records and bills
- Security camera footage
We may also consult with accident reconstruction specialists to learn more about how your accident and injuries happened.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs Today for a Free Case Review
If you suffered a concussion, reach out to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our team of in-house litigators and investigators will fight to protect your rights and pursue the maximum compensation available. Our law firm has recovered more than $1 billion, and we’re ready to start working on your case. Contact us for a free consultation.