An Elizabethtown car accident lawyer could help you pursue compensation if you suffered harm in an Elizabethtown collision. Typically, people can seek to hold negligent parties responsible for an accident. You do not have long to take legal action, though.
It can be intimidating to seek justice from a huge corporation like an insurance company. You do not have to accept the first offer they make, and we can work directly with the claims adjuster on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages After an Elizabethtown Collision
No one can tell you the exact amount of money you will recover for your car accident injury claim without first talking to you and investigating your situation. Even then, things that happen after the collision could impact the amount of compensation you could win.
Every car accident case is different. The amount of money that you could recover will depend on the unique facts of your case. It could help, nonetheless, to understand some of the categories of damages that people often pursue in these cases.
- Medical bills. Usually, the cost of medical treatment you need for your injuries is recoverable. This category can include things like the ambulance, emergency room or trauma center, x-rays, diagnostic tests, hospital, doctors, surgery, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages. If you did not get paid for some or all of the time that you missed from work because of the accident and your injuries, we can add that financial loss to your injury claim. This category can include lost wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of regular income.
- Decreased future wages. If you have ongoing impairment from your car accident injuries, you might have to take a lower-paying position or reduce your working hours. Doing so can create financial hardship. If you cannot make as much money as before due to your injuries, this loss could get included in your claim.
- Pain and suffering. Getting injured in a vehicle accident typically involves physical discomfort and mental distress. This category is in addition to medical bills.
- Other losses. Non-economic losses can result from a car accident. For example, collisions are one of the leading causes of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Also, people who have a long-term disability from their injuries often experience a loss of enjoyment of life.
You might have additional types of economic or non-economic losses. An Elizabethtown car accident lawyer can speak with you and explore the various types of damages that we could pursue in your injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Elizabethtown, call 800-333-9999
Our Lawyers Do Not Charge Upfront Fees or Costs
We handle most personal injury cases, including car accident injury claims, on a contingency-fee-basis. This fee arrangement allows us to help people who can’t easily pay legal fees.
We work hard on your case and wait until the end to get paid a percentage of the settlement or court award. You do not have to be wealthy to hold the negligent party accountable for the harm done to you.
Elizabethtown Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
There Is a Time Limit to Take Legal Action for Compensation
Every state has deadlines for filing lawsuits. These deadlines are statutes of limitations. You must file a lawsuit before its deadline, otherwise, you risk losing your chance to seek compensation from the negligent party.
The statute of limitations for motor vehicle accidents, under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, is generally two years from the date of the accident, the victims’ death, or the last personal injury protection (PIP) payment. Merely negotiating with the insurance company does not satisfy the statute of limitations.
Most people do not know the deadline to file a lawsuit, but the claims adjuster does. Do not allow them to stall and get tricked into letting the deadline pass.
Three Ways to Protect Your Car Accident Claim
Sometimes, things happen after a collision that can affect the value of your claim. Here are three things that you can do to protect your personal injury case:
- Stay off of social media. We realize that it is customary for many people to post on social media about events that happen in their lives, but doing so could backfire on you if you have a pending personal injury claim. It is best to refrain from posting any photographs or information about the accident or your injuries. You do not want your pictures or comments to be taken out of context.
- Complete your medical treatment. It is usually best to follow through on all the prescribed treatments. You do not want to give the defendant an excuse to argue for paying you less money than you deserve by saying you could have healed better with full treatment.
- Work with an auto accident lawyer from our firm. When you work with a lawyer on your accident claim, you can avoid pitfalls like missing the filing deadline or accepting a lowball settlement offer. When you have us in your corner, the insurer and defendant are not allowed to contact you directly or bother you. Instead, you get to rest and focus on your recovery.
These are just three examples of ways to avoid damage to the value of your case. Your attorney can explain additional steps to take in your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Legal Help Today in Hardin County, KY
We have recovered $2 billion in settlements for our clients in Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience, and our team members include Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals.
It is our honor and mission to help people who suffer harm because of the recklessness of others. We want to offer you a free initial consultation. You can call us today at 1-800-800-8888 to get started. There are no risks or obligations.