Although tow trucks have a vital role, their momentum and size can threaten the safety of other road users around them. These trucks can cause catastrophic accidents and serious injuries. Fortunately, you can generally seek compensation if you or a loved one is a victim of such an accident.
You can consult our Edgewood tow truck accident lawyers for legal representation after an accident. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can answer your questions, build your case, and protect your rights.
How Our Edgewood Tow Trucks Lawyer Can Help
A recent study reveals that the towing industry has a higher rate of work-related injury and death compared to other industries. Furthermore, these accidents can lead to substantial financial burdens.
However, recovering compensation after a tow truck accident can be complex. Nonetheless, our truck accident attorneys can represent you and help you recover fair compensation.
We can do the following to help with your case:
- Review your case and provide legal advice and guidance
- Conduct a thorough investigation to establish the cause of the accident
- Gather evidence to determine liability and prove your injuries, such as surveillance footage of the accident
- File paperwork accurately and within established deadlines
- Collect eyewitness statements, testimonies from experts, and medical reports
- Handle correspondence and negotiation with other parties, including liable parties and their insurers
- Provide representation at trial, if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
The Cost of Our Truck Accident Attorneys
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handles truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not incur any upfront costs and fees when you work with our firm. Instead, you will only pay attorney fees after we win or settle your case.
Edgewood Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Edgewood Tow Truck Accident
The compensation you can claim after a tow truck accident will depend on your injuries, losses, and the effects of the accident on your life. Some of the damages we can help you pursue include:
Pain and Suffering
Truck accident injuries are generally painful and can cause a lot of mental anguish. We can seek compensation for your physical pain and psychological suffering.
Medical Costs and Expenses
You can receive compensation for current and future medical-related costs, including:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency room care
- Medical devices
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation and therapy
You can receive compensation for permanent disability, such as amputation. You can also claim compensation for any scarring or disfigurement.
Home and Vehicle Modifications
You can also receive compensation if you have to modify your vehicle and home to accommodate a disability. This may include a wheelchair ramp, a chairlift, and widened doorways.
You can claim compensation for any income or bonuses you lose if you missed work during recovery. You can also receive compensation for future lost income or reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to work.
Immediate family members can generally claim wrongful death damages if an accident was fatal. You can typically seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, loss of support, and loss of consortium if you lost a loved one in a truck accident.
Liability in an Edgewood Tow Truck Accident
Several factors can cause tow truck accidents, including negligent actions by the driver or employer. Some of the common causes of these accidents include:
- Poor or insufficient tow truck maintenance
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distractions, such as texting and driving
- Driving when tired
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Mechanical failures
- Bad weather and poor road conditions
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failing to obey traffic rules
- Improper loading
Liability in tow truck accidents depends on the cause of the accident. However, liable parties may include:
- The truck driver
- The employer or trucking company
- The vehicle manufacturer
- A maintenance company
- A government entity
- A third-party driver
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Tow Truck Accident
What you say or do after a tow truck accident can affect the outcome of your case. To protect your rights, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs recommends doing the following:
- Call the police. It’s essential to report a tow truck accident to the police. The police will complete an official report, which can be used as evidence in your case.
- Gather evidence. Collecting evidence, such as pictures of the scene, damages to the vehicles, skid marks, and your injuries, is vital. You can also ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Go to the hospital. You should seek medical attention immediately after the accident, regardless of the severity of your injuries. Sometimes injuries are not immediately apparent. However, a doctor can ensure you are treated properly. Moreover, we can use your doctor’s report and hospital bills to prove your injuries and damages.
- Call our law firm. Reach out to our Edgewood tow truck accident lawyers for help with your case. We can gather evidence and handle your case while you focus on recovery.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
You could seek compensation if you were injured on the job as a tow truck operator or hit by a tow truck while on the road. Our team can provide legal representation and fight for fair compensation.
We’ve recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients, and our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience. Let us handle your case from start to finish. We can fight for fair compensation while you seek treatment and recover. Contact us today for a free case review.