18-wheeler trucks are among the largest vehicles on the road. Due to their extreme size and weight, these trucks can cause catastrophic injuries when they are involved in accidents. If you have been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler, our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer serving Edgewood could help you pursue compensatory damages.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his legal team will handle all aspects of your case and defend your rights. We can fight for your compensation while you take the time you need to recover from your injuries.
What Does Our 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
The legal process can feel overwhelming when you are facing serious injuries. You don’t need to handle your case alone. Our truck accident lawyer serving Edgewood can build your case to help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
Our attorney will handle all the paperwork, do all the footwork, and make sure that all deadlines, including the statute of limitations, are met.
Here’s a breakdown of what our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer will do:
- Gather relevant evidence such as police reports, medical records, pictures of the accident site and your injuries, doctor statements, and eyewitness accounts
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation using this evidence to figure out who to hold liable for your damages
- File a complaint at a proper Edgewood court outlining the accident that injured you, the parties involved, and the damages you are seeking from the responsible party
- Take your case to court if we cannot settle fairly outside of court
- Launch negotiations with the defendant’s insurance provider for enough compensation to cover your damages
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
Damages You Could Recover After an 18-Wheeler Accident in Edgewood
After your 18-wheeler accident, you may be able to recover damages. You should not have to pay off expensive medical bills or any other losses associated with the accident if someone else was the reason you were injured.
Some damages you could recover include:
- Treatment costs arising from your injuries, including emergency treatment, prescription medications, surgery, hospitalization, and follow-up visits
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical equipment like wheelchairs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Home health care
- Lost wages and lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Wrongful death damages, such as the decedent’s final medical bills and funeral costs
Your attorney will determine which damages you can recover. We will gather any necessary evidence to prove that you need compensation for your losses.
Edgewood 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Determining Liability in an Edgewood 18-Wheeler Truck Accident
Liability is a legal term that refers to responsibility. To receive compensation, you will have to prove that another party was the cause of the crash that injured you or your loved one.
To do this, your attorney can establish negligence. Establishing negligence involves:
- Proving that the at-fault party had a duty of care to keep you safe
- Showing that they failed to uphold their duty of care
- Establishing that their negligence was the cause of the accident and your resulting injuries
- Proving that you suffered damages
Negligent driving could include:
- Ignoring traffic lights and stop signs
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield to vehicles with the right of way
- Driving aggressively
- Ignoring traffic rules
There could be more than one party who was responsible for your accident. If a truck driver was on the job when they caused the accident, their employer could also be held liable. The trucking company could be liable for tight schedules that leave drivers exhausted. Anyone responsible for poorly maintained trucks and improperly loaded cargo may be liable.
Our attorney will determine which party or parties were responsible for your accident. We will help you file an insurance claim or a lawsuit to get compensation.
Our Firm Offers Affordable Legal Services
We understand you may be facing high medical bills and other expenses caused by the accident. Our 18-wheeler accident lawyer can work with you on a contingency-fee basis. This means you won’t owe us anything upfront.
Rather than asking you to pay us out-of-pocket, we’ll take a percentage of your compensation after your case is won or settled.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Edgewood’s Statute of Limitations
In Edgewood, Kentucky, you’ll have two years to file a lawsuit for an 18-wheeler truck accident. This is outlined in the statute of limitations, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
If your loved one passed away in an 18-wheeler crash, you’ll have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180. Failing to file a lawsuit on time could mean that you are no longer eligible to receive compensation. When you work with an attorney from our firm, they will make sure your lawsuit is filed on time.
What To Do After an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident in Edgewood
After an 18-wheeler truck accident, you should:
Contact the Paramedics and Police
Making sure you receive medical treatment as soon as possible helps your case by proving that you sustained severe enough injuries to warrant treatment. Additionally, it will allow our attorney to use medical records, doctor statements, and medical bills to prove that you suffered actual damages in the 18-wheeler accident. If you don’t seek treatment immediately, the insurance firm may try to limit your compensation by arguing that you were not seriously injured in the accident.
The police will collect evidence from the scene and use it to generate a police report. We’ll also use the report to strengthen your case.
Collect Evidence From the Scene
Aside from calling the paramedics, you should collect evidence from the scene before it’s cleared. This includes pictures of the accident scene, the contact information of eyewitnesses, and insurance information from other drivers.
If your injuries do not allow you to collect any evidence, your attorney will gather it on your behalf.
Call Our Law Firm
Once you have collected evidence from the site and received appropriate medical care, you can reach out to Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs to work on a legal strategy. Our firm will use all the evidence you have gathered to inform our investigation before we negotiate for a fair settlement.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you pursue compensation for your losses after an 18-wheeler truck accident. With more than 20 years of practice, we have experience helping clients involved in truck accidents. Contact us today for a free consultation.