Any motor vehicle accident, whether it is between cars, trucks, or both, can be terrifying. But because trucks are so much bigger than cars, truck accidents are more likely to lead to serious injuries and deaths. WLWT5 reports that on July 21, 2021, a tow truck rear-ended a tractor trailer on Interstate 75 in Northern Kentucky, leaving one man dead and one injured.
If you were hurt or lost a family member in a truck accident caused by someone else, you may be entitled to financial compensation, known in legal terms as damages. These damages may cover your medical expenses, lost income, and more. You can seek damages on your own or you may prefer working with an Edgewood truck accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
Determining Liability in an Edgewood Truck Accident
Our lawyer will investigate your truck accident to determine which party caused the accident and is financially responsible for it. In many cases, truck drivers cause accidents through careless or reckless driving. All drivers must drive safely and follow traffic regulations. If they fail to do so and cause an accident that harms someone else, they can be held liable for the accident and related expenses. Some examples of negligent driving by truck drivers include:
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Distracted driving, including texting and talking on the phone
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Following too closely
- Driving too fast for current weather conditions
In some cases, it is not another driver but the city that is liable for the truck accident. If the city was responsible for maintaining the road where your accident occurred and your accident was caused by poor road conditions, the city may be at fault. Some examples of negligence by the city include:
- Poorly designed roadways or intersections
- Failure to maintain roads
- Obscured traffic signs and signals
- Failure to clear hazards such as fallen branches
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
Recovering Damages After an Edgewood Truck Accident
Our lawyer will help you figure out how much your truck accident is worth based on evidence such as your medical bills, past wage statements, and more. You may be entitled to both economic damages, which compensate you for tangible losses, and noneconomic losses, which compensate you for intangible losses. Here are some of the damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical bills such as ambulance bills, emergency treatment, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitative therapies, prescription medication, and more
- Property damage for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Lost income for unpaid time off work while you recover or if you cannot return to work
- Pain and suffering if your injuries cause you chronic pain, require a long recovery or multiple surgeries, prevent you from participating in hobbies or activities you once enjoyed, cause you mental pain and anguish, or reduce your quality of life in other ways
Edgewood Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Benefits of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer
You can pursue damages on your own, but you might find that working with a lawyer is easier and less stressful for you. A lawyer can take over the administrative and legal tasks so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Here are some ways our lawyer can help you:
- Investigate your truck accident: We will gather evidence such as police reports, pictures of the scene, eyewitness statements, toxicology reports, cell phone records, and more to determine which party caused the accident.
- Estimate your damages: We will use evidence to estimate how much your damages are worth. We will use this estimate when we negotiate an insurance settlement.
- Handle your insurance claim: We will file a claim with the insurance provider for the at-fault party. We will gather medical records from every provider you see as well as receipts for your vehicle repairs and past wage statements, then submit these supporting documents.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate an out-of-court settlement with the insurance provider.
- Sue the at-fault party: If we cannot reach an agreement with the insurance provider, we will file a lawsuit against the party that caused your truck accident.
Case Victories for Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we work hard every day to advocate for the rights of people who have been injured or killed because of other people’s careless behavior. While we can never guarantee results, we always fight hard to get the best possible outcome for our clients. Here are a few examples of our case victories:
- $10 million settlement for the family of a man who was killed after a semi-truck crossed the centerline of the interstate and struck him head-on
- $3.65 millionsettlement for a woman who incurred severe injuries to her back and neck as well as a traumatic brain injury after a semi-truck pulled out in front of her vehicle
- $3.5 million settlement for a woman who suffered head trauma, lacerations over her body, and injuries to her spleen and kidneys after a concrete truck struck her head-on
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Legal Deadlines for a Truck Accident Case in Ohio
You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in a truck accident case in Ohio.Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230(6) sets the following statutes of limitations:
- Personal injury: two years from the date of the accident or from the date of your last PIP payment
- Wrongful death: two years from the date your loved one passed away
If the city was at fault for your accident, you have 90 days from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 411.110. Our lawyer serving Edgewood will determine which party was at fault and will ensure that you file it on time.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Represent You
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident in Edgewood, you may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our lawyer may be able to help you recover damages for these expenses and more, so call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-800-8888. We work on contingency, so you pay no fees unless we win or settle your case.