A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is typically caused by a violent jolt or blow to the head. This condition may cause seizures immediately after the injury or months later. Worse yet, the severity of a TBI increases a person’s risk of developing epilepsy, depending on age and other health issues. Hiring an Edgewood traumatic epilepsy lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can look into your case if you receive traumatic injuries from an accident.
What Can Cause Traumatic Epilepsy?
With over 400 years of combined experience, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers understand traumatic epilepsy. Here are some causes of traumatic epilepsy:
- Slip and falls
- Vehicles accidents: Crashes involving vehicles, motorbikes, or bicycles are a frequent cause of traumatic brain injuries
- Sports-related injuries: Accidents from various sports, including football, boxing, baseball, lacrosse, hockey, skateboarding, and other high-impact collisions, can result in traumatic brain injuries.
- Violence: Severe blows to the head with shrapnel or debris and falls or bodily collisions with objects following a blast can also cause a TBI.
- Genetics: Genetics may influence post-traumatic epilepsy risk; those with the ApoE-4 allele may be more susceptible to the disease.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic epilepsy lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
How a Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Following your traumatic accident, our experienced team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will get to work to provide you with essential advice and legal support. The following are some roles we can play:
Our staff will go through the material to analyze the details of your case, including insurance policies, police records, witness testimony, surveillance video, and dashcam footage. We’re dedicated to compiling a solid case to get you just compensation.
Our traumatic epilepsy lawyers strive to establish who is to blame and shift responsibility to the liable party. Additionally, we assist you in locating all potential sources of compensation, such as insurance plans. Then, we’ll negotiate with the accused representatives to see if we may settle things outside the courtroom.
Assessing Damage and Compensation
We accurately evaluate your injuries and lost properties to calculate the potential worth of your claim. In this regard, we send the appropriate demand letters to the accountable insurance providers and evaluate the settlement proposal. Any settlement offer that does not adequately compensate you will be rejected, and we will continue negotiating or move to court if necessary.
Filing a Trial Suit
If required, we’ll file and represent you in a lawsuit (a lawsuit follows a claim) to get compensation for your injuries. Our team will prepare adequately and build a solid case to try and win for you. But know that negotiations are more likely as the liable party and their insurance company will want to avoid a lengthy trial that places the decision for compensation in the hands of a jury or judge.
Assembling a Legal Team
We’ll put together a team of seasoned lawyers for you, backed by a dedicated support staff that will pay special attention to your demands and record accident-related facts. Our team is available for questions and will update you regularly regarding your case.
Edgewood Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Compensation You Could Get for Traumatic Epilepsy
If negligent conduct resulted in your traumatic brain injury, our Edgewood personal injury lawyers would assist you in getting just compensation. Compensation damages may be divided into two broad categories:
Economic damages are recoverable based on the expenses you incurred due to the accident. They could cover costs for everything associated with your brain damage, such as:
- Medical Treatment: Hospital visits, doctors, specialists, and occupational and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: Include any incentives you would have been eligible for, unused vacation time, promotions that are still pending, and more. You may not be able to return to work at the same level after a TBI since it might significantly restrict your skills, which could lead to further losses.
- Property Loss: For the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
The responsible people should also compensate victims for damages without monetary value. They represent financial compensation for lifestyle adjustments brought on by your condition. Non-economic losses might consist of:
- Pain and suffering if you are constantly uncomfortable due to your injuries.
- Financial burdens, medical expenses, the inability to work or lose your job, and the shock of the accident may cause emotional trauma. This award might assist you in finding more sophisticated therapy assistance to deal with the changes in your life brought on by your TBI.
- Loss of pleasure with life.
Meet the Statute of Limitations
Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 sets the statute of limitations for car accidents in Kentucky at 2 years. Personal injury claims resulting from vehicle and truck accidents must generally be settled or brought in court no later than two years following the date of the damage, death, or the final payment of insurance payments to the affected party. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1) sets the statute of limitations for non-vehicular injuries at 1 year.
Our lawyer can help you file your legal claim within your allotted time. If you do not file a claim before the deadline, you risk the court system automatically dismissing your claim, resulting in zero chance of earning compensation for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
The team from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyer accepts payments on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not charge upfront fees or costs. Instead, we’ll only get paid after you get your compensation. We win when you win, not before.
Let’s Build a Case for You
The lawyers from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will work around the clock to build a solid legal case and help you get just compensation. Tell us the comprehensive details of your case; we’ll take care of the rest.
Contact our firm today as we offer a free no-obligation consultation to every client; you’re safe in our hands.