It’s pretty common for car accident victims to sustain neck injuries. Unfortunately, severe neck injuries can cause long-term chronic pain throughout a victim’s shoulder and neck. With time, this pain may spread to arms, legs, chest, and hips, making it difficult for victims to work or perform daily tasks like they once did. This condition comes with high medical bills and other damages.
You could pursue monetary compensation for your losses if you’ve recently sustained a neck injury. Our Edgewood neck injury lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help with the legal process.
How Our Edgewood Neck Injury Lawyer Can Help
Although you might be eligible for compensation after suffering a neck injury, recovering what you’re owed is not easy. In addition to the liable party denying wrongdoing, the insurance company could also try to deny or devalue your case. Instead of navigating the legal process alone, hiring us to protect your legal rights and pursue justice is in your best interest.
Our personal injury lawyers can do the following:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine the causation of the accident and identify all liable parties
- Gather enough evidence, including the police report, photos, videos, witnesses’ statements, medical records, and doctor’s notes, to support your case
- Handle legal paperwork and communication with the defendant’s side on your behalf
- Determine your current and projected economic and non-economic damages
- Defend you against attempts by the defendant’s side to shift some of the accident’s blame to you
- Provide regular updates regarding the progress of your case
- Represent you in a court trial
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages After an Edgewood Neck Injury
After sustaining a neck injury in an accident or medical malpractice, Darryl ‘The Hammer’ Isaacs can help you file a case to recover financial compensation for the following damages:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and benefits
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Nursing care
- Necessary in-home accommodations, including wheelchairs and modified staircases
- Reduced earning capacity
Edgewood Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Determining Liability in an Edgewood Neck Injury Case
To receive total financial compensation for all damages you’ve incurred, you might require proving that someone else’s negligent actions and recklessness caused the accident that resulted in your injuries.
After hiring us, our Edgewood neck injury lawyers can gather adequate evidence and prove the following elements:
- Duty of Care: We can prove that the defendant owed you a reasonable duty of care.
- Breach of Duty: We can prove that the defendant breached that duty and exposed you to an unreasonable risk of bodily injury.
- Causation: We can prove that the defendant’s negligent actions were the cause of the accident.
- Damages: We can prove that you sustained bodily injuries and monetary damages due to the accident caused by the defendant.
What To Do After Sustaining a Neck Injury in Edgewood
After sustaining a neck injury, there are several steps you can follow to ensure everyone’s safety and protect your legal rights, such as:
Seeking Medical Attention
After the accident, you should seek medical treatment immediately. This way, the doctor can carry out screening tests and provide a detailed assessment of the neck injury you were aware of and other injuries that may not have appeared already. After the doctor has conducted the necessary screening tests, they can now proceed to provide the proper medical treatment for your condition.
If you don’t see a doctor after sustaining a neck injury, it will be difficult for you to recover compensation. The insurance company may argue that your neck injury wasn’t severe enough.
It would help if you documented your injuries, diagnostic testing, medical receipts, physical examination, doctor’s visits, and everything related to your medical treatment. You may need these documents once you decide to file an insurance claim or take legal action against the liable parties.
Contacting Your Health Insurance Provider
Once you’ve received medical treatment, it’s time to contact your health insurance provider. Find out what the health insurance provider can cover and what they won’t cover per the policy.
Hiring Our Edgewood Neck Injury Attorneys
Even if the insurance company might fully cover your medical treatment, you should still reach out to our neck injury lawyers. We can advise you on the legal options you can use to pursue financial compensation for your medical bills and other damages. This is particularly helpful, especially if you can’t afford to pay out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Neck Injury Cases We Handle
The neck consists of nerves that are usually tasked with sending signals to other body parts and systems. Any impact from an accident or a fall can damage these nerves, causing life-changing injuries.
Here are the most common types of neck injury cases we handle at our law firm:
- Pinched nerves
- Cervical fractures
- Spinal fractures
- Nerve root injuries
- Penetrating neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
Contact our Edgewood neck injury lawyers immediately for representation if you’ve suffered a neck injury. We can protect your legal rights and help you pursue compensation for all your losses. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re ready to start working on your case on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay any upfront legal fees. Contact us for a free consultation to learn more.