A bicycle accident can cause life-changing injuries. You may suffer from spine injuries, head injuries, broken bones, brain damage, or bruises and lacerations. If the negligence of another motorist caused the accident, you could file an injury claim for your damages. You can engage a bicycle accident lawyer to assist with your claim as you recover.
Your lawyer can prove negligence, negotiate with the insurer, determine the value of your claim, and put together evidence to build a strong case against the liable party. Working with a lawyer can increase your chances of winning the injury claim.
East Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Although cycling can be a fun activity, it can also be dangerous. Due to the lack of an outer shell or protective covering, if a cyclist is involved in an accident, they can strike the ground and suffer devastating injuries. Injuries include traumatic head and brain injuries, and sometimes the accident can be fatal.
You can enlist the services of an East Chicago bicycle accident lawyer from our law firm, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers if someone else is liable for your bicycle accident. We can help you with the claim recovery process. Over the years, we have recovered $ 1 billion for our clients in settlements.
Here are a few ways our team of lawyers can help with your bicycle accident claim:
Prove Liability for Injuries Sustained
The major challenging part of a bicycle accident injury claim is proving negligence by another party that caused your injuries. Proving liability is crucial for every bicycle accident claim, as you might have a right to financial compensation.
Our lawyers can sift through the evidence to identify who is responsible for your injuries. Proving liability can help the lawyer build a strong claim case on your behalf.
Gathering evidence is an essential part of the filing of the claim process. Having sufficient and credible evidence strengthens your injury claim case and increases the odds of a positive outcome.
The types of evidence our lawyer can gather include:
- Medical Reports: They show the nature and extent of injuries and the medical expenses incurred during treatment.
- Police and Eyewitness Reports: The police report and eyewitness statements explain the events leading to the accident and help identify the party at fault.
- Pictures and Videos: Our lawyers can use photographs and videos from eyewitnesses or request nearby CCTV footage to present as evidence.
- Medical Experts: Our lawyers can consult medical experts to validate the severity of your injuries, which can add credibility to your injury claim.
- Crime Scene Reconstruction Experts: Our law firm can work with experts to reconstruct the crime scene to know the cause of the accident and identify the responsible party. Working with experts adds credibility to your injury claim case.
Determine the Value of Your Injury Claim
Our legal team can ensure you receive a settlement reflecting the actual value of your claim. Based on the experience of handling countless bicycle accident claims, our lawyers can determine the actual value of your injury claim.
The value of the bicycle accident claim is based on:
- Medical care expenses
- Lost wages during the recovery period and future lost income due to disability
- Pain and distress, both emotional and physical
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
A major benefit of hiring a bicycle accident lawyer to assist with your claim is that we guide our clients on their legal options. If the insurer is unwilling to pay a fair settlement, we are prepared to file a case in court to help you get the amount of compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawsuit pushes the insurance company to offer a reasonable settlement to avoid court.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving East Chicago, call 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Most bicycle accidents occur when two bicycles crash. However, bicycle accidents also happen when a bicycle and a vehicle crash.
Here are some of the main reasons leading to bicycle accidents:
- Unsafe lane changing by the cyclists or weaving through traffic
- Speeding by the cyclists or motorists, making it difficult to brake fast to avoid crashes
- Motorists following bicycles too closely or attempting to overtake bikes on roads without enough space
- Distracted drivers failing to see bicycles and hitting the cyclists
- Cyclists failing to wear reflective clothing to make them more visible to motorists during the night or bad weather conditions, like fog or snow
East Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Compensation for Bicycle Accident Victims
If the party responsible for the bicycle accident is a motorist, you may be entitled to financial compensation from their insurance provider for damages and injuries.
Here are some economic and non-economic damages you can be awarded after a bicycle accident:
- Medical Expenses: The insurance company can compensate you for medical costs, including doctor’s fees for check-ups, medication, and long-term physical treatment.
- Lost Income: You may not work during the recovery period after the bicycle accident. Therefore, you become eligible for financial compensation to recover lost income. If you cannot work due to disability, you might receive disability benefits.
- Funeral Expenses: Sometimes, bicycle accidents can be fatal. If the cyclist dies after the accident, the surviving family can receive compensation for funeral and bereavement costs.
- Pain and Suffering: You can claim compensation due to trauma caused by the bicycle accident. The insurer should compensate you for any psychiatric cost incurred seeking help for depression or anxiety after the accident.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
Contact a bicycle accident lawyer from our law firm, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, if you were hurt in a bicycle accident. We can handle your injury claim and ensure you receive a fair and just outcome. During your recovery, you should have peace of mind as we work on your financial recovery. Call us today to schedule a free case review.