Tractor-trailer accidents can cause various damages. Some victims of these accidents sustain catastrophic injuries that permanently alter their lives. Furthermore, they can sometimes lead to the wrongful death of a loved one.
You might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages if you’ve recently been injured in a tractor-trailer accident. Reach out to the Danville tractor-trailers accident attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for help navigating the legal process.
How a Danville Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
Obtaining compensation after an accident with a tractor-trailer can be complex. The insurance carrier and other company representatives might try to deny or devalue your claim. They may do this by minimizing your injuries or deflecting liability.
However, our Danville truck accident lawyers can build your case, protect your legal rights, and help you recover fair compensation for your damages. Our team has over 400 years of combined legal experience. We can help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Collecting evidence to support your case, such as medical records, the official police report, video surveillance footage, etc.
- Recording eyewitness statements
- Enlisting accident reconstruction experts to provide insight into how the accident occurred
- Establishing what parties are liable for the incident
- Handling legal paperwork
- Communicating with the insurance company, lawyers, and other representatives on your behalf
- Negotiating a fair settlement for your damages
- Representing you at trial, if needed
Only Pay Us After You Win
We handle cases on a contingency-fee-basis at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. You will only pay attorney fees after we’ve won a financial award on your behalf. This means you will not incur any upfront costs or fees when you work with our team.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 800-333-9999
Compensatory Damages You Could Recover After a Tractor-Trailer Accident
You can recover a variety of damages after an accident. However, the exact amount you receive will depend on the details of your case.
Our law firm has recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our prior clients. We can help you recuperate compensation for various economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Current and future medical bills (such as emergency care, surgeries, prescriptions, follow-up care, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- In-home care costs
- Mobility equipment, such as wheelchairs
Additionally, if you lost a loved one in a tractor-trailer accident, you can recover damages through a wrongful death case, including:
- Burial and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s lost earnings
Danville Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations in a Danville, KY Tractor-Trailer Accident
Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230 generally provides two years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you’ve been injured in a tractor-trailer accident. This period may start on the day of the accident, your loved one’s death, or your final PIP payment. Your exact deadline may vary, depending on the circumstances of your case.
Nonetheless, our team can ensure your case is filed promptly to avoid dismissal.
Liability in a Danville Tractor-Trailer Accident Case
Tractor-trailer accidents are caused by various factors, such as unsafe road conditions and inclement weather. They can also be caused by negligence on behalf of one or more parties, such as:
- The tractor-trailer driver
- The employer or trucking company
- The company in charge of loading the cargo
- The manufacturer of the truck and its parts
- The company in charge of the tractor-trailer’s maintenance and repairs
- Other motorists involved in the accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Danville
Tractor-trailer accidents are caused by various factors, including:
- Malfunctioning parts, such as failing brakes, worn-out tires, and defective steering systems
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Failure to stop for signs, lights, and crosswalks
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Improper hiring practices, such as hiring unlicensed drivers
- Unsafe cargo loading practices
What to Do After a Danville Tractor-Trailer Accident
What you do after a tractor-trailer accident can be critical to protecting your rights and your health. Be sure to see a doctor if you do not immediately seek emergency medical care. Some injuries take several days or weeks to show symptoms.
Seeing a medical professional promptly will ensure your injuries are diagnosed and treated efficiently. Doing so will also provide you with an accurate medical record, which you can use as evidence in your case.
You can also contact our tractor-trailers accident attorneys in Danville. Darryl “The Hammer’ Isaacs and our team can collect evidence and build your case while you focus on treatment and recovery.
Contact a Tractor-Trailers Accident Lawyer in Danville for a Free Case Review Today
Obtaining compensation after an accident can be a complicated process. Let our truck accident attorneys help with your case. We can handle the entire process while you rest and recover.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free case review.