Garbage trucks are essential to our community. They pick up and haul away waste from our homes and neighborhoods every other day. Most of the time, garbage trucks perform this necessary service efficiently and safely. However, like any other vehicle, a garbage truck can be involved in an accident and cause injuries to sanitation workers, pedestrians, and other motorists.
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been injured in a garbage truck accident. Our garbage truck accident lawyer serving Danville can work with you to recover the compensation you need.
Our Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Build Your Case
Garbage truck accidents can leave victims with life-altering injuries. Such injuries are expensive to treat and may take months or even years to recover from fully. You can always hire our Danville truck accident lawyer to help you take legal action against the liable parties and recover compensation.
We’ll help your case by doing the following:
- Investigate the garbage truck accident to determine causation and identify all the liable parties
- Gather evidence, including traffic camera footage of the crash, your medical records, doctor’s notes, the police report, and photos of the accident scene to prove fault
- Interview witnesses present at the accident scene and record their statements
- Obtain the repair, inspection, and maintenance records of the garbage truck involved in the crash
- Subpoena the garbage truck driver’s cellphone records and the truck’s black box data to help prove liability
- Hire accident reconstruction experts to recreate the events of the garbage truck accident and testify in your defense
- Handle the legal paperwork and communication with the insurance company and the defendant’s legal team on your behalf
- Provide you with regular updates regarding your case
- Defend you against any attempts by the insurance carrier and the defendant’s legal team to blame you for the garbage truck accident and your injuries
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Danville Garbage Truck Accident Case
The compensation you might recover following a garbage truck accident mainly depends on the severity of your injuries, the damages you’ve incurred, and other specifics of the crash. This monetary award is meant to return you to the financial position you were in before the crash.
When you hire Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team of attorneys to handle your case, they can help you pursue compensation for the following damages:
- Past, ongoing, and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of consortium
You should not have to pay for the expenses associated with the garbage truck accident out-of-pocket. Our team can work with you to ensure you have the money you need to recover.
Danville Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit in Danville
Kentucky, like most states, has a statute of limitations that limits the time you have to take legal action against someone and recover compensation. According to Ky.Rev.Stat. § 304.39-230, you have two years from the date of a vehicle accident to file a lawsuit. On the other hand, Ky.Rev.Stat. § 413.180 affirms that you have only a year to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you’ve lost a loved one in a garbage truck accident.
If you file your lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired, the court will likely reject your claim and you will lose your right to compensation. When you work with a lawyer from our firm, you can count on us to file your lawsuit on time.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle garbage truck accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. You won’t be required to pay any upfront fees or costs for our legal services.
Instead, our legal fees will come from the settlement we’ll negotiate on your behalf. You won’t owe us anything until your case is won or settled. We also offer free consultations, so you can discuss your case with our team at no cost.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving Liability in a Garbage Truck Accident Case
Before receiving compensation for your injuries and other damages in a garbage truck accident case, your lawyer must prove that someone else was responsible for the accident and your injuries.
To prove liability, we can establish negligence. Our team can help you prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: We must prove that the liable party had a duty to drive safely and obey all traffic rules.
- Breach of Duty: This involves proving that the defendant breached their duty of care by speeding, tailgating, running the red light, driving while intoxicated, or engaging in other negligent behavior that exposed you and others to serious harm.
- Causation: Our team must demonstrate that the defendant’s negligent actions directly caused the garbage truck accident.
- Damages: We must prove that you sustained injuries and monetary damages due to the garbage truck accident caused by the defendant. Once we establish this element, the court will order the negligent parties to pay you compensation for your losses.
It can be challenging to establish liability on your own. Our legal team will gather any evidence that helps prove fault.
What To Do After a Garbage Truck Accident in Danville
The actions you take after a garbage truck accident can affect your health and the validity of your case. After you were involved in an accident, you should:
- Check yourself and others for injuries and move to safety
- Call 911 to report the crash and request emergency medical personnel if you or someone else is seriously injured
- Take photos and videos of your injuries, the accident scene, and nearby traffic signs
- Exchange contact information and insurance details with the garbage truck driver or any other driver involved in the accident
- Note down the contact information of the witnesses present at the accident scene, including their names, phone numbers, and addresses
- Seek immediate medical attention even if you feel fine
- Call your insurance provider to report the accident but don’t provide any further details without consulting us
- Call our garbage truck accident attorney serving Danville to discuss your case
Your safety is important following a garbage truck accident. If you are not able to safely gather evidence or other information at the accident scene, our lawyers will do it on your behalf.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can offer responsive legal services if you’ve been injured by a garbage truck. We’ll evaluate your case and fight to hold all negligent parties accountable for your injuries and losses. Contact us for a free consultation and more information.