Construction vehicles are large, powerful, and dangerous on public roads. If you were involved in an accident with one, you are likely experiencing severe injuries, property damage, and emotional hardship. With such significant losses, it can be hard to take the next step into legal action–how can you afford a lawyer after everything you’ve lost? Thankfully, our Danville truck accident lawyer can help you recoup your losses for no upfront costs or fees.
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve recently been injured in an accident involving a construction vehicle. Contact our Danville construction vehicle accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for legal help.
Our Danville Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Unlike typical car accident cases, a construction vehicle accident case may involve multiple parties, including the driver, the company, the owner of the load being transported, or the local government. These entities are often more committed to protecting their bottom line than the victims of accidents involving their property. Therefore, their legal teams will be ready to mount an aggressive defense to limit their liability in your accident.
Fortunately, you can hire our lawyers to help level the playing field. Here is a breakdown of what we’ll do to protect your rights and pursue justice on your behalf:
- Investigate the cause of the crash and gather enough evidence to prove their liability for your losses
- Hire a medical specialist to assess your injuries and testify to their impact on your life
- Identify third parties that may have indirectly contributed to or caused the accident
- File a lawsuit (if necessary) and handle the legal paperwork before the deadline elapses
- Assess the damages you have incurred and fight to get your life-improving settlement
- Communicate with the insurer and the at-fault parties throughout your case
For a free legal consultation with a construction vehicle accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Construction Vehicle Accident Case
After your accident, you may have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and other damages. This financial compensation is intended to help offset the financial and personal consequences of the accident.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs or another of our truck accident attorneys can help you pursue compensation for the following damages:
Economic & Non-economic Damages
These often include the following:
- Medical expenses ranging from hospital visits, surgical care, physical therapy, rehabilitation, diagnostic tests, medical equipment, and prescriptions
- Lost wages and benefits
- Physical and emotional pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Diminished earning power
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a construction vehicle accident, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit and recover the following losses:
- Medical expenses incurred by your loved one before their passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support, guidance, and companionship
We hope to convey how sorry we are for your loss. It can be difficult to grapple with all the ways the loss of a loved one affects your life, especially if they were a significant financial supporter of your family. When you’re worried about money, you can’t properly mourn.
Our hope is that you allow us to take the burden of legal action onto our own shoulders, so you can move forward with your life while we fight for your financial recovery.
Danville Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
When we say that we will handle your case on a contingency-fee basis, we mean that you won’t pay upfront or hourly charges for our services. We collect our payment from the financial award we recover after winning your case.
What To Do After a Construction Vehicle Accident
As a victim of a construction vehicle accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and strengthen your claim. They include:
Get Yourself & Your Car to Safety
It would help to pull your car away from oncoming traffic. If your car is non-functioning, get yourself to a safe place. Stay calm and use lifesavers to alert other motorists.
Remain at a safe distance until law enforcement arrives.
Call Law Enforcement & Request an Ambulance
After ensuring your safety and that of other road users, check whether you or other people involved have sustained injuries. Call 9-1-1 to get law enforcement, an ambulance, and the fire department to the scene.
If you and everyone else at the scene are in stable condition and don’t need emergency medical attention, you should still get to a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Adrenaline can make it difficult to detect an injury, and some serious injuries may not be detectable by pain alone until days or weeks after a collision.
Since you would want to pursue an insurance claim after the accident, ensure you collect evidence while at the scene. Here is a list of the information to get:
- Name and contact details of the other driver
- Type, model, and color of the construction vehicle
- Insurance company name and the other driver’s policy number
- Driver’s license details and the vehicle’s license plates
- The accident’s location
Also, take photographs and videos of the accident scene, including vehicle and property damage, your injuries, and weather or road conditions if necessary. If you are too injured to do so, the police officer may be able to help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Liability in a Construction Vehicle Accident Case
To recover financial compensation in your construction vehicle accident case, our lawyer must prove that someone else’s negligence led to the crash that resulted in your injuries.
We must demonstrate the following to achieve this:
- Legal Duty of Care: We must prove that the defendant owed you and others a legal duty of care. For instance, the construction vehicle driver was supposed to drive safely and avoid putting you in harm’s way.
- Breach: We must prove that the defendant breached their legal duty of care to you by acting negligently and exposing you to serious harm. Some negligent behaviors that constitute a breach of duty of care include speeding, driving while intoxicated, distracted driving, tailgating, and running a red light.
- Causation: We must prove that the defendant’s negligent actions caused the construction vehicle accident.
- Damages: We must prove that you’ve suffered injuries and economic and non-economic damages due to the construction vehicle accident. Such damages include medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Contact Us for Free Case Review
Were you injured in a construction vehicle accident? Don’t hesitate to contact our team and secure your Danville construction vehicle accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our team will fight to protect your legal rights and help you recover the full compensation. Contact us today for a free case review.