Due to their sheer size and weight, big rig trucks are involved in some of the most catastrophic accidents in the U.S. These accidents usually result in devastating injuries, extensive property damage, and loss of life. If you were the victim of one of these serious accidents, you are likely dealing with long-term effects from the accident. You shouldn’t have to bear these consequences on your own. Our Danville truck accident lawyer can help.
If you’ve been injured in a semi-truck accident, our Danville big rig truck accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could help you pursue compensation. You don’t need the added stress of taking legal action after a serious collision. We can handle every aspect of your case on your behalf, including filing, negotiating for compensation, and investigating the cause of your accident.
How Our Danville Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Big rig truck accident cases are complex and may involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, and various insurers. These trucking companies and insurance providers are big businesses often more concerned with making profits than taking responsibility. Therefore, they may attempt to devalue your claim to avoid paying what you deserve.
Hire us to handle your case and protect your legal rights, and this is what we can do:
- Hire private investigators and accident reconstruction experts to determine causation and liability
- Prove any violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and traffic laws
- Subpoena the truck’s black box data to use as evidence, if necessary
- Take legal action to prevent the destruction of evidence by the trucking company
- Gather hard-to-find evidence like driver log books and information on the trucking company’s hiring or maintenance practices
- Demanding the economic & non-economic damages you seek and negotiating for what you deserve
- Represent you at trial (if necessary)
For a free legal consultation with a big rig truck accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages After a Danville Big Rig Truck Accident
As a victim of a serious collision, you could be entitled to various recoverable damages. Darryl ‘The Hammer’ Isaacs or another of our truck accident lawyers is ready to investigate the facts surrounding the crash and determine what your claim is worth.
Our team will then help pursue compensation for some of the following:
- Medical bills, including present and future costs associated with treating your injuries
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent physical impairment
- Emotional distress
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
Danville Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Our Danville big rig truck accident attorneys will take your case without charging upfront fees or costs. Since we handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, you won’t pay for our legal representation until we win. Our legal fees will be a percentage of the settlement we negotiate on your behalf.
Some of the expenses your fees will cover include:
- Hiring experts to investigate the accident scene and testify on your behalf
- Filing and postage fees
- Obtaining police and medical reports
- Deposition costs
- Trial exhibits
- Issuing subpoenas and locating eyewitnesses
What To Do After a Big Rig Truck Accident
Moments after a big rig truck accident, you may be in a haze about what to do next, especially if you’re injured. To assist with the next steps,we recommend you take the following steps to protect your legal rights and safety:
- Remain calm and check yourself for injuries
- Move to safety, away from oncoming traffic
- If your vehicle is undrivable, turn on the hazard lights and light up flares to alert other motorists of the crash
- Call the police to report the accident and request emergency medical services if you or someone else is severely injured
- Don’t leave the accident scene until the police inform you it’s okay to do so
- When the police officers arrive, note down their names and badge numbers
- Take photos of the accident scene, including your injuries, the damaged vehicles and their license plates, skid marks on the road, nearby traffic signs, and the street names
- Get the phone number and insurance information of the truck driver and other motorists
- Gather the contact information of eyewitnesses, including their phone numbers and addresses
- Don’t admit fault to anyone–don’t even give an official statement without the guidance of your attorney
- If you didn’t receive emergency medical attention, see a doctor after leaving the accident scene, regardless of how minor your injuries seem
- Notify your insurance provider of the crash but don’t go into details without a lawyer present
- Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your legal options
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability in a Big Rig Truck Accident Case
Proving liability is the key to recovering compensation in your personal injury case. Our Danville big rig truck accident lawyer must prove that someone else’s negligence led to the crash that caused your injuries and other damages.
To do so, our lawyers must demonstrate the following:
- A duty of care. The truck driver, their employer, or another motorist owed you the duty of care to drive responsibly.
- A breach of this duty. One of the liable parties behaved in a negligent or reckless manner, usually by committing a traffic violation.
- An accident occurred due to the breach. Perhaps the truck driver was eating while they caused the crash–their distracted driving is evidence of their negligence to prevent a collision.
- You suffered injuries and monetary losses due to the big rig truck accident
Once we’ve established liability in your case, we could hold the following parties accountable for your damages:
- The big rig truck driver
- The trucking company
- The big rig truck manufacturer
- Other motorists
- The company responsible for loading cargo on the truck
- The parts manufacturer
- A government agency
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
If you were in an accident involving a big rig, contact our Danville big rig truck accident lawyers today. We will analyze the specific details of your case and help you pursue financial compensation for your losses. Contact us today and get a free case review.