Have you been in a car crash and suffered damages? If so, you shouldn’t be left to suffer from your emotional, physical, or financial damages on your own. If you or someone you know experienced damages in a truck accident, you can contact a Cuyahoga Falls truck accident lawyer to discuss the legal procedure for receiving compensation.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is a personal law firm that serves and extends its services to Cuyahoga Falls and other surrounding areas. We’re known for providing legal representation for victims of automotive injuries. Our firm has experience in addressing personal injury cases, and we can help you through the legal proceedings following a truck accident if you seek legal counsel.
Types of Compensation You Can Qualify for After a Truck Accident
Individuals can experience severe injuries and even death from a truck accident. If you do want to seek compensation for your damages, you will need to understand the conditions of the accident that will determine your eligibility. You may be eligible to seek compensation for the following:
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Cuyahoga Falls, call 800-333-9999
Following a truck accident, you may be subject to financial losses. You may be able to receive compensation for these damages:
- Lost wages: If you are unable to attend work due to your injuries, you may be compensated for those lost wages. These are wages you would have earned if you were working to full capacity. For example, if you are out for two weeks due to medical treatment, this time can be accounted for monetarily.
- Loss of earning capacity: This is compensation for any effect on your ability to earn money in the future due to the damages sustained in the accident. For example, if you suffer a shoulder injury and your job requires you to do heavy lifting, that could affect your ability to complete that responsibility like you did before the accident.
- Medical expenses: These are medical treatment costs for your injuries and any other costs that you might incur for future treatment purposes.
Cuyahoga Falls Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
These are elements that do not have a set monetary value; however, they continue to have an impact on you following a truck accident. The following damages are examples of non-economic damages:
- Emotional distress: Truck accidents can cause emotional anguish such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress.
- Pain and suffering: This includes any physical pain endured due to a truck accident.
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life: In comparison to your life before the accident, your quality of life may be negatively affected by the damages sustained in a truck accident.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Once your injuries heal, you may be left with scars or experience disfigurement from a truck accident.
Filing for Damages After a Truck Accident
If you do seek legal counsel, a lawyer would start with taking legal action by filing a truck accident claim. These are typically made against the insurance company. The following procedure will help guide you on how to file a claim for damages:
- Gather and investigate the evidence collected, e.g., police reports, medical records, eyewitness accounts, and photos of the scene
- Deliver the personal injury demand letter to the relevant authority
- Negotiate for the settlement of the damages based on the evidence presented
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability Involving a Truck Accident
After a truck accident occurs, parties other than the truck driver may be legally liable for the damages. These parties include:
- The trucking company
- The owner of the cargo
- The manufacturers of the truck and relevant parts
- The vendor who gives services to the seller
Deadline for Filing a Truck Accident Case
For a personal injury case, there is a deadline to file your lawsuit. This is better known as the statute of limitations. The statute for filing a truck accident case in Cuyahoga, OH is generally two years from when the accident occurred.
If you do not file within two years of the accident, you will not be able to file a lawsuit regarding your damages from the accident. Be sure to file as soon as you can to ensure you file in time.
How Can an Attorney Help You?
Filing a personal injury claim can be a complex and strenuous procedure, especially if it is your first time filing. This complex process may even discourage you from pursuing the case. A Cuyahoga Falls personal injury lawyer can help you meet the requirements needed to proceed with the case and get the compensation you deserve. We can carry out the following duties for you:
- Gather accident reports, traffic camera video, photographs, eyewitness statements, and medical records
- Estimate the monetary value of your damages (both economic and non-economic)
- Mediate between you and the other party’s legal and insurance representatives
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. If there is no agreement, we can represent you in a lawsuit
We handle your entire case on a contingency-fee-basis. This means you pay no upfront fees or costs. You don’t pay us at all until you recover compensation.
Don’t Wait—File with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today!
With more than 400 years of combined legal experience, our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has helped recover $1 billion in settlements for our clients. We have served the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana areas for the past 20 years. We want to help you too! Schedule a free consultation with us to discuss your case.