Like all vehicles, tow trucks can also cause devastating accidents. These types of accidents can result in a range of injuries, expensive bills, and even the death of a loved one.
You might be entitled to compensation if you’ve been injured in a truck accident. Contact the Covington tow truck accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for help navigating the legal process.
How a Tow Truck Accident Lawyer in Covington Can Help
Accidents involving tow trucks can result in catastrophic injuries that may take months or even years to recover. This can mean substantial medical bills and income loss that could push you into debt and bankruptcy. Fortunately, our truck accident lawyers can help you take legal action and recover fair compensation.
Our team can help your case by:
- Answering your legal questions
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
- Conducting an independent investigation into the events leading to the accident
- Gathering and presenting adequate evidence to support your claim
- Interviewing any witnesses present at the accident scene and recording their statements
- Hiring experts to recreate the accident
- Proving what parties are liable for the incident
- Maintaining your medical records and doctor’s notes to use as proof of your injuries
- Filing an insurance claim and handling the legal paperwork on your behalf
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters, attorneys, and representatives for fair compensation
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Covington, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Covington Tow Truck Accident
The compensation you can recover after a tow truck accident will depend on the severity of your injuries and the damages you’ve incurred. This means the damages you recover may differ from that of a passenger sitting next to you in the same vehicle.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our prior clients. We can help you recover a variety of economic and non-economic damages, including:
Current and Future Medical Expenses
This refers to compensation for the medical expenses incurred during treatment and recovery, such as:
- Emergency room care
- Surgical procedures
- X-rays and other imaging
- Diagnostic tests
- Follow-up care
- In-home care
If long-term medical care is needed to manage your condition, you may also recover compensation for future medical expenses.
Lost Income and Reduced Earning Capacity
You can receive compensation for lost income and benefits if the accident requires you to miss work for a given period.
Additionally, if the tow truck accident resulted in severe injuries or temporary/permanent disability, you might find it challenging to continue working as before. In such a case, you might be entitled to recover compensation for lost future earnings and benefits.
Pain and Suffering
This compensation can be awarded for your physical pain and emotional suffering following the accident. This covers mental anguish, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), nightmares, and depression, due to the accident.
Covington Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Deadline for Filing Your Personal Injury Lawsuit in Covington
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a tow truck accident. However, the timeline for your case may vary, depending on the exact details of your accident.
Our Policy: Pay After We Win or Settle Your Case
You and your household may experience a rough financial period after a truck accident. Fortunately, our Covington tow truck accident attorneys work on a contingency-fee-basis. You will not pay upfront costs or fees when you work with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
You will only pay attorney fees when we win or settle your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Establishing Liability for a Tow Truck Accident
Recovering compensation in a tow truck accident case can be a complicated process. Our team can investigate the accident’s events and prove liability. Liable parties can include:
- The tow truck driver
- The employer or trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- The company responsible for truck maintenance
For example, the truck driver may be liable if the accident was caused by driver negligence, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to adhere to road signs and lights
- Unsafe towing practices
Moreover, the employer can be vicariously liable when an accident is caused by its driver’s negligence.
What to Do After a Tow Truck Accident
The moments after a tow truck accident can be stressful and scary. Here are some steps you can take to protect your health and legal rights after a tow truck accident:
- Take pictures and videos of your injuries, the damage inflicted to all vehicles, nearby traffic signs, and the skid marks on the road.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver and accident eyewitnesses.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you don’t have any visible injuries.
You can also contact our tow truck accident attorneys for help with your case. We can investigate your accident and gather evidence for you while you focus on recovery.
Contact a Tow Truck Accident Attorney in Covington for a Free Case Review
The team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help if you’ve suffered injuries in a truck accident. We have over 400 years of combined legal experience, and we can represent your case while your injuries are healing. Contact us for a free case review today.