Garbage trucks can pose a safety risk to other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. These trucks can cause serious accidents that may result in catastrophic injuries for the victims. They may even lead to death in some circumstances.
Our Covington truck accident attorneys can help you recover compensation if you’ve recently been injured in a garbage truck accident. We can answer your legal questions, represent your case, and help you fight for fair compensation.
How a Covington Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Pursuing compensation following a garbage truck accident can be a complex process. Trucking companies operating in the U.S. can have well-funded legal teams ready to defend them. Furthermore, insurance adjusters may try to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve if you cannot prove your injuries and liability.
Fortunately, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team can communicate with representatives for you while you focus on recovery. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help with your case by:
- Answering your legal questions and offering guidance
- Investigating the circumstances that led to the garbage truck accident
- Gathering adequate evidence, including witness statements, photographs of the scene, medical records, receipts, doctor’s notes, and the police report
- Retrieving the garbage truck’s records to help prove if the driver or trucking company was negligent
- Enlisting accident reconstruction experts to recreate the accident and establish how it occurred
- Requesting testimony from medical providers regarding the extent of your injuries and the medical treatment you may need in the future
- Handling the legal paperwork and communicating with the insurance company and other representatives
- Negotiating for a fair settlement on your behalf
- Representing you at trial, if the parties can’t agree on a settlement
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accidents lawyer serving Covington, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Garbage Truck Accident Case
Garbage truck accidents can result in devastating damages that may lead to expensive bills. A garbage truck accident lawyer in Covington can help you recover economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Current and future medical expenses, such as emergency room care, surgeries, follow-up care, and more
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mobility equipment, such as wheelchairs
- In-home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps and widened doorways
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages, such as burial expenses, loss of companionship, loss of the deceased’s earnings, and the deceased’s medical expenses
The amount of compensation you recover will depend on the extent of your damages. However, our team has recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our past clients, and we can fight for fair compensation for your damages.
Covington Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations for a Truck Accident in Covington, KY
You generally have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Kentucky, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230. However, your exact deadline may vary, depending on the specifics of your incident and injuries.
The Cost of Hiring a Garbage Truck Accident Attorney in Covington
There are no upfront fees and costs to hire our legal team because we work on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you won’t be required to pay any out-of-pocket legal fees. You will only pay us when we win or settle your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do Following a Garbage Truck Accident
After leaving the accident scene, ensure that you seek medical attention immediately. You should do this even if you feel fine and don’t have any visible injuries. This is because some symptoms may take days or even weeks to appear.
By this time, your condition may have deteriorated. Furthermore, if you fail to seek immediate medical attention, the insurance company may argue that your injuries were minor.
You can also contact our truck accident attorneys to discuss your legal options and help you with your case. We can use our resources to collect evidence and build your case while you focus on recovery.
Causes of Garbage Truck Accidents in Covington
Garbage truck accidents in Covington occur for various reasons, including driver negligence in the form of:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving caused by mobile phones, texting, adjusting the radio, and eating
- Improper lane switching
- Failure to see approaching motorists in blind spots
Furthermore, the trucking company, truck manufacturer, or company responsible for truck maintenance can also be liable. For instance, an employer can be responsible if it fails to properly train its drivers. Moreover, employers can be vicariously liable when an accident is caused by their driver’s negligence.
Contact a Covington Garbage Truck Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you’ve suffered an injury in a garbage truck accident, let Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handle your case. We can help you file a claim with the insurance company and fight to recover fair compensation. Contact our Covington garbage truck accident attorneys for a free consultation today.