While big rigs contribute to the economy in many ways, they’re prone to causing catastrophic accidents. As a victim, you might sustain life-altering injuries and other damages. Our Covington big rig truck accident lawyer could identify your economic and non-economic damages and file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Learn how Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can provide legal representation in your case. We offer free case reviews so you can readily discover your options.
How Our Covington Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
Crashing with a big rig can be devastating when traveling in a smaller vehicle. Victims often sustain serious injuries and might need immediate medical attention and extended care. When the unimaginable happens, our truck accident attorneys can help as follows:
Launch an Investigation
Responding officers at the scene will investigate and draft a police report, but this inquiry may not be sufficient for evidence gathering. We’ll conduct a separate investigation to determine what happened and speak to eyewitnesses. If evidence is hard to come by, we can hire a reconstructionist to recreate the scene and draw conclusions.
Help You Get Your Treatment Covered
Getting treatment for all injuries is vital in preventing your situation from becoming more medically complicated, and it could even save your life. An insurer may hesitate to cover you due to the accident, however, which only brings more challenges.
As your legal counsel, we can sort things out and seek to get your much-needed treatment covered.
Negotiate for a Settlement on Your Behalf
Victims of big rig accidents often face damages that can cripple them financially as the bills keep coming on top of regular household expenses. Being out of work makes your financial situation even more precarious, and many people cannot press forward.
Our legal team will examine how the accident and resulting injuries have impacted your life and negotiate for a total settlement to cover all your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accidents lawyer serving Covington, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Covington Big Rig Truck Accident
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs can help you recover various damages in legal proceedings. Depending on your case, your losses could include the following:
- Medical transportation
- Hospitalization and rehab
- Buying prescriptions and refills
- Lost wages
- Permanent disability
- Less enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one, including funeral costs and loss of consortium
Covington Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Our Contingency Fees Let You Get Started Right Away
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handle all truck accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. With this arrangement, there are no upfront fees or costs on your end. You only pay when we win your case and recover compensatory damages on your behalf. We’ll take a percentage of the settlement or award to cover our expenditures and legal fees.
Statutes of Limitations in Covington, KY Restrict Your Time to Take Action
Going after a big rig driver, their employer, a parts manufacturer, or another liable entity is often an uphill battle. Many legal processes are involved, and timing is crucial when dealing with big rig accident cases.
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, truck accident victims in Covington, Kentucky have up to two years to bring a case against the accused, and this timeframe begins from the day of the accident. However, some exceptions apply to this rule.
In the event of a wrongful death, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230(2) affirms that family members have up to one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The clock starts ticking on the date of the victim’s death.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving Liability in a Covington Big Rig Truck Accident
It’s common for insurance agencies to defend their policyholder staunchly to avoid paying. Holding anyone accountable for harming you, therefore, isn’t usually straightforward.
As your legal team, we take on the burden to prove these elements of negligence were true of your case:
- Duty of care
- Violation of this duty of care
- Measurable damages you can recover in legal proceedings
We will use our evidence to show how the accident happened, who caused it, who bears liability, and how you were affected. In a big rig accident, we may need to show that the trucking company is also liable for your damages.
Types of Big Rig Truck Accident Cases We Handle
Our law firm handles different types of big rig truck accidents, such as:
- Jackknife Accident: This crash happens when the driver suddenly brakes, making the rig skid and form a 90-degree angle with the truck’s head.
- Rollover Crashes: The truck can roll on the side or forward, especially when avoiding crashing into oncoming traffic. Rolling over a hillside is a terrible scenario that often ends with an explosion and fatalities.
- Head-On Collisions: If a trucker ignores traffic signals or attempts a risky overtaking, they may crash into another vehicle head-on.
- Underride Accidents: A smaller vehicle following a big rig truck could crash into its rear and get trapped underneath.
- Wide-Turn Crashes: Big rigs usually swing to the left before turning right, and vice versa. These maneuvers can mislead other vehicles and cause collisions.
- Side-Impact Accident: This often happens at controlled intersections where one driver fails to observe traffic lights only to crash into the side of another vehicle.
What to Do After a Covington Big Rig Truck Accident
Nobody plans to be involved in traffic accidents, much less crashing with a big rig. The experience is scary, and you may feel confused by not knowing how to proceed.
You can protect your right to compensation as follows:
- Report the accident to the police so that they can investigate and identify the liable party.
- Ask for a copy of the police report for evidence when building your case.
- Exchange insurance information with the other motorists involved.
- Start collecting vital evidence, such as photos of the crash site, vehicle damage, and your injuries.
- Go for medical assessment immediately afterward and follow the doctor’s orders, such as consulting various specialists, taking medicine, and resting.
- Track your medical treatments and accompanying bills and receipts.
- Reach out to our Covington big rig truck accident lawyer for legal help.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Were you hurt by a big rig truck? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate to see if you’re eligible for compensation from the responsible entities. The process can take time when a major trucking company is involved, but we don’t back down from a tough case.
We have a stellar track record of winning big client settlements in the most challenging cases. Allow us to handle the intricacies of your case. Contact us for a free case review.