Tow truck accidents can occur due to a variety of factors. Unfortunately, they can inflict detrimental and even fatal injuries on victims. They may also lead to expensive medical bills and other damages.
Our Columbus tow truck accident lawyers can help you pursue compensation if you were involved in an accident. Let us handle your case while you focus on treating your injuries.
How a Columbus Tow Truck Accident Attorney Can Help Your Case
The team at Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has over 400 years of legal experience. Our truck accident lawyers can guide you through the legal process and work to earn you compensation. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team can help your case by:
- Collecting evidence, such as medical records, police reports, and photographs and video footage of the accident and its aftermath
- Recording eyewitness statements
- Determining how the accident occurred
- Proving what parties are liable for the collision
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Representing you at trial if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Columbus-OH, call 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Tow Truck Accident?
The amount of compensation you can recover after a collision will depend on the severity of your injuries. You may recuperate damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Present and future medical expenses
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You can recover additional damages if you lost a loved one in a tow truck accident, such as:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship and guidance
- Loss of consortium
- The deceased’s lost income
- The deceased’s medical bills
Columbus-OH Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Long do I Have to File a Tow Truck Accident Lawsuit in Columbus?
The statutes of limitations in Ohio outline how long you have to file an injury or wrongful death lawsuit after a tow truck accident. Laws that may apply to your case include:
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 states that you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file your injury lawsuit.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 states that you generally have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
The details of your accident may alter your exact timeline. Nonetheless, the court may dismiss your case if it is not filed by these deadlines. Our Columbus truck accident lawyers can compile your case and submit it according to the statute of limitations.
Who Is Liable for My Injuries Following a Tow Truck Accident?
Various parties can be liable for your accident, such as:
- The tow truck driver
- The employer
- The maintenance company
- The truck manufacturer
The cause of the accident typically determines what party is responsible. For instance, if the truck driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they can be liable for an accident. Additional forms of negligence that may lead to accidents include:
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Hiring inexperienced drivers
- Faulty parts
- Infrequent maintenance schedules
- Inappropriate cargo loading
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Tow Truck Accident
The moments following a truck accident can be catastrophic and debilitating. Here are the steps you can take to protect your health and safeguard your rights after being involved in a tow truck accident:
- Notify the police, and have them complete an official report
- Take pictures and videos of the accident scene
- Exchange contact information and insurance details with the liable party and other involved drivers
- Collect the contact information of witnesses
- Move to safer ground to avoid further destruction from oncoming traffic
Seeking medical assistance for your injuries is also a critical step to ensure you heal properly. Visit a medical professional after the accident, even for minor injuries. A doctor can ensure your injuries are diagnosed and treated efficiently. Moreover, they will officially document your injuries in a medical report, which can be used in your case.
You can also contact our Columbus truck accident attorneys for help and guidance. Building a case during recovery can be challenging. Let us fight for fair compensation while you seek treatment and heal.
Common Injuries After a Tow Truck Accident
Tow truck accidents can be mild or catastrophic, depending on the circumstances. You can sustain any of the following injuries:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Bruises, burns, cuts, or lacerations
- Skull injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spine injuries and paralysis
- Limb amputation
- Stress, anxiety, depression, or PTSD
Contact a Tow Truck Accident Lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Truck accidents may lead to serious injuries and costly bills. Let our Columbus tow truck accident attorneys handle your case while you rest and recover. We can gather evidence, negotiate with representatives, protect your interests, and fight for fair compensation.
The team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has a contingency fee policy. You will not pay any upfront costs or fees when we handle your case. In fact, you will only pay attorney fees when we win or settle your case. Contact us today for a free consultation.