Semi-truck accidents can lead to expensive damages. Moreover, they may cause severe and life-long injuries.
Reach out to our Ohio semi-truck accident lawyers if you were involved in an accident in or around Columbus, OH. Let us handle your case and communicate with insurance companies on your behalf. We can build your case and fight for compensation while you recover from your injuries.
How Can a Columbus Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Let a truck accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can handle your case as you take time to heal from your injuries. Our team can:
- Answer your questions and offer legal advice and support
- Investigate the collision
- Gather evidence, such as CCTV footage of the accident, official police reports, medical records, and images of damages
- Contact eyewitnesses and record statements
- Consult accident reconstruction specialists
- Determine how the accident occurred
- Establish liability
- Communication with liable parties, insurance adjusters, attorneys, and other representatives
- Maintain open communication with you as your case progresses
- Negotiate fair compensation on your behalf
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
Our lawyers can file a compensation claim and handle your case while you recover from the accident. Depending on your situation, we can also determine if there are grounds to file a lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Columbus-OH, call 800-333-9999
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers’ Previous Case Results
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have over 400 years of combined legal experience. Moreover, we have obtained over $1 billion through settlements and verdicts for our previous clients. Some of our most remarkable outcomes have been:
- $3.65 million after a victim suffered a traumatic brain injury and severe neck injuries after a semi-truck pulled out in front of her.
- $5.525 million for injuries sustained when a victim was rear-ended by a tanker truck driver, which subsequently forced her into the rear undercarriage of the semi-truck in front of her.
- $10 million after a victim was struck head-on by a semi-truck that crossed the center line on an interstate.
The mentioned cases are just a few of our success stories at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We understand the extent to which accidents derail the lives of our clients, and we want to help you receive compensation for your injuries and damages.
Columbus-OH Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Semi-Truck Accident?
The circumstances of your case will determine how much compensation you can recover after a collision. You may recover damages for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- The lost ability to make an income
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damage
- Emotional anguish
In some cases, lives are lost when involved in a semi-truck accident. Such a scenario is painful, especially for the loved ones left behind. Compensation may not remove the pain of your loved ones’ death, but it may ease the potential financial burden associated with their passing.
Our team can file a wrongful death case on your behalf to recover compensation, such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Your loved one’s lost income
The Statute of Limitations for a Lawsuit in Ohio After a Truck Accident
A statute of limitations is a law that dictates the maximum time given to file a lawsuit after suffering an injury, loss, or damage. In Ohio, statutes that may affect your case include:
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 generally provides two years from the date of the semi-truck accident to file your injury lawsuit.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 generally provides two years from your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Failing to meet these deadlines can result in the dismissal of your case. Therefore, it’s best to start working while the accident details are still fresh and you can efficiently build your case. You can also have our semi-truck accident attorneys in Columbus handle your case to ensure your paperwork is promptly submitted.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Does an Ohio Truck Accident Attorney Cost?
You will not incur upfront costs or fees when you work with our attorneys. We have a contingency fee policy at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. This means you don’t pay our attorney fees until we win or settle your case.
What Causes Semi-Truck Accidents?
Semi-truck accidents can happen due to many reasons, including:
- Worn-out tires
- Faulty brakes
- Malfunctioning steering systems
- Poor visibility due to inadequate headlights or poor weather
- Merging or turning without proper signals
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Improper hiring practices, such as hiring unlicensed drivers
Our semi-truck accident lawyers can determine what caused the crash and prove what party is liable for the accident. Liable parties can include:
- The semi-truck driver
- The employer
- The truck manufacturer
- The maintenance company
- A third-party driver
Furthermore, more than one party can be liable for the accident. For example, an accident caused by a truck driver’s negligence can also cause the employer to be vicariously liable.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for Help with Your Truck Accident Case
The team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation after an accident. Let us handle the entire process while you take the time to heal from your semi-truck accident. Contact our firm today for a free case evaluation.