You’ve spent your life reading about catastrophic injuries in books and learning about them on the news. You never dreamed you would have such an affliction. But now, as you navigate your post-accident life, you may wonder what options you have for moving forward. Our team has two simple messages: you could be entitled to compensation––and our lawyers can help.
A Columbus, OH, catastrophic injury lawyer can champion your rights, whether through a civil claim or lawsuit. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is a full-suite legal practice with tons of resources within our reach. We want to put our decades of knowledge and experience to work for you. We’re standing by to hear your story during your complimentary case review.
We Manage Cases Related to These Injurious Situations in Columbus
Our law firm has an array of practice areas that center around proving negligence. We’re ready to pursue compensation and justice if you suffered harm due to a(n):
- Slip and fall accident
- Vehicular accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Boat accident
- Dog bite or attack
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Incident on another party’s property
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Columbus-OH, call 800-333-9999
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Our team advocates for claimants who have suffered these conditions:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Multiple broken bones
- Skull fractures
- Loss of eyesight and hearing ability
- Internal injuries and internal bleeding
- Serious burns
- Severe chest injuries
- Nerve damage
It’s okay if you don’t see your specific condition listed above. If your injury affects your quality of life, we’re ready to seek what you need.
Columbus-OH Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Columbus, OH Can Help with Your Case
Sustaining a catastrophic injury changes your life. Your hopes, dreams, and aspirations may all take a backseat while you adjust to certain changes. You may also fear the financial repercussions of medical care. We want to put these concerns to rest and intend on advancing your case by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the events surrounding the accident that resulted in your catastrophic injury
- Gathering adequate evidence, including witness statements, medical records, and doctors’ notes, to support your claim
- Enlisting the help of accident reconstruction experts, engineers, medical experts, and forensic consultants to determine your accident’s cause
- Evaluating the severity of your injuries and recoverable damages
- Defending you against allegations of fault
- Handling all legal paperwork and communications
- Negotiating with the liable insurer
- Representing you in court
Damages You Can Recover After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury in Ohio
If you’ve recently sustained a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligent actions, you can seek economic and non-economic damages. Examples include:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses:You can seek compensation to cover all necessary medical expenses. This includes money spent on hospital bills, surgery, prescriptions, physical therapy, and laboratory fees.
- Lost wages: These damages are intended to compensate the victim for the salary and benefits they’ve lost while recovering.
- Diminished quality of life:You’re also entitled to a monetary reward if your catastrophic injury prevents you from engaging in various activities you once enjoyed.
- Pain and suffering. Ohio allows you to seek pain and suffering through a claim or lawsuit. This accounts for the hardships you’ve endured as a result of getting hurt.
- Lost earning capacity:A Columbus, OH, catastrophic injury attorney will assess your post-accident earning power and pursue any differences in your income.
- Emotional distress. Suffering a severe injury can take its toll on your mental health. You deserve compensation for those challenges.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Deadlines for Filing Your Lawsuit After a Catastrophic Injury
According to Ohio Revised Code §2305.10, you have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Alternatively, Ohio Revised Code §2125.02 affirms that you have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you’ve lost a loved one to a catastrophic injury.
Our team will manage your case’s filing deadlines while you manage your health.
What to Do Following a Catastrophic Injury in Columbus, Ohio
The following considerations could bolster your injury case and personal well-being:
Seek Medical Attention
Depending on the severity of the injury, you’ll likely be hospitalized for several days, weeks, or even months. You should heed the doctor’s advice and follow all recommendations until you make a full recovery.
While receiving medical treatment for your catastrophic injury, you should document everything, including emergency room records, doctor’s notes, your diagnosis, and future recommended medical treatment. This information will serve as crucial evidence in your case.
Consult a Lawyer
Consider reaching out to our Columbus, OH, catastrophic injury lawyers to discuss your legal options. We can answer your questions, alleviate your concerns, and explain your next steps.
What Do Previous Claimants Share About Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers?
Our team goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction. These comments sum up our commitment:
- “So far, Isaacs and Isaacs has been a tremendous help for me….from the investigator, case manager, to my attorney EVERYBODY that has helped me is so very nice and respectful…I know that there is ALOT of lawyers out there, but if you want a very good team helping you, then ISAACS AND ISAACS is the team to get…..THEY ARE GREAT.” ––D.O.
- “I thank you so much for your help. I thank you for everything that you have done for me. I will let all my friends know how nice you were to me. Thank you again, and God be with you and your team.” ––J.C.
You can read more about our case results on our website.
Let a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Columbus, OH Handle Case
After sustaining a catastrophic injury, your main concern should be your recovery–– not going against an insurance company. A Columbus, OH, catastrophic injury lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will fight for the justice you need. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team are ready to start building your case now. Call today for a free case evaluation.