Were you involved in a crash caused by a tractor-trailer? It’s time to call a Cincinnati tractor trailers lawyer. Every day of the year, tractor-trailers roll along American roads. They are the lifeblood of our economy; without them, there would be no food in our stores, factories would close, and the country would grind to a halt. But thanks to their massive size, the consequences can be very serious when they’re involved in accidents.
A Cincinnati tractor-trailers accident lawyer from Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Our personal injury lawyers can handle your case while you rest and recover.
How Can a Cincinnati Tractor-Trailers Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Generally speaking, the parties in personal injury cases settle before they get to the courtroom. This certainly has advantages—usually, the claim will take less time for one thing. But if you think that means you don’t need a lawyer unless you’re going to court, think again. Here are just a few of the ways our office can support your claim:
- Carefully review all the evidence
- Interview witnesses
- Prepare a detailed case
- Submit paperwork on time
- Handle all correspondence and negotiations for you
- Determine who was liable for the accident
- Calculate how much you can claim
- Keep you informed about your case’s progress and answer all of your questions
Settlement negotiations are complicated. An insurance company might offer you a settlement right off the bat, but it will probably be significantly lower than the amount that you can really claim. You shouldn’t have to waste time on that, especially when you’re recovering. Your lawyer can handle negotiations with insurance companies.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accidents lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can I Claim After a Tractor-Trailer Accident in Cincinnati?
Every accident is different. We can’t mention figures before we have had a chance to study your case in detail. But we can promise that we’ll be pushing for the best possible results. We consider the accident’s impact on you financially, physically, and mentally. This means you may be able to receive compensation for damages like these:
- Medical expenses related to your accident. You will have bills to pay in the short-term and, possibly, long-term costs for ongoing treatment, therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Income. It’s more than likely that you will need time off work to recover. In some cases, the effects of your accident might mean that your ability to work is compromised for the rest of your life.
- Pain and suffering. An accident can have a long-term impact on your quality of life, not just physically but emotionally and mentally.
- Cost for repairing or replacing personal property that was damaged in the accident. If, for example, your car is in the shop, we will ask for the repair cost and any expenses for an alternative in the meantime.
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one.
Cincinnati Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Long Do I Have to File?
All states have statutes of limitations. These are time limits that establish how long you have to make a claim. If they didn’t exist, the system would soon get blocked by claims that are impossible to resolve because too much time has passed. Compared to other states, Ohio is fairly generous about these limits.
For both personal injury and property damage, a victim has two years to file a lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Although the system allows for some exceptions to this rule, it will apply to your case under most circumstances. The two-year period begins on the day of the incident, so it’s best to start your claim as soon as possible. Our truck accident lawyers can help!
How Much Do Cincinnati Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorneys Charge?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how disruptive an accident can be. You might be unable to work for a while, and at the same time, bills keep coming in. If you are reluctant to hire proper legal representation because you are worried about expenses, don’t be.
We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we take payment from your final settlement. If we don’t successfully close your case, we don’t get paid. It’s that simple. There are no hidden charges or hourly rates. You will know our percentage when we agree to take on your case, and as we fight to get you the best possible result, you will find that our system works in everyone’s favor.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
There are around 500,000 accidents involving trucks in the United States each year. Some of them are minor, but some have very severe consequences. There are various reasons for these accidents, but when the fault lies with the truck driver or the vehicle, we can identify some possible causes:
- Driver fatigue. Drivers often work on a strict schedule and sometimes push themselves beyond their limits.
- Poor maintenance. It’s the driver’s responsibility to ensure that the truck is roadworthy, but poor maintenance by the trucking company can sometimes go unnoticed. A worn tire can burst, and now you have an accident.
- Distracted driver. Driving long distances can be monotonous. A driver might be tempted to text a friend and take his eyes off the road.
- Driving under the influence. Even regular prescription drugs can make a driver drowsy. Most drivers wouldn’t drink or take drugs, but some do, which can lead to terrible accidents.
- Poor conditions. A change in the weather, like snow or rain, can cause a driver to lose control.
- Speeding. Drivers often want to get to their destination as soon as possible; some drivers take it too far.
Whatever the cause of the accident, it is our job to identify the liable party and hold them responsible.
Take the Next Step With a Cincinnati Tractor-Trailers Accident Team
Call us now, and let’s begin work on your case. Our lines are always open, and you can always find a friendly staff member ready to help you.
We urge you to take advantage of our free consultation. Doing so doesn’t imply any obligation on your part, and it’s a great opportunity to get to know each other, go over your case, and decide what to do next. Reach out today, and let’s get to work.