Safety is not necessarily guaranteed during the use of rideshare transportation services. The common difference between rideshare vehicles and other commercial vehicles is that rideshare vehicles do not have commercial driver’s licenses like buses do. However, no vehicle is always safe from the possibility of being involved in an accident.
In a rideshare accident, a passenger could be inside the vehicle, or perhaps they were harmed when sending a request and waiting for their rideshare vehicle to arrive. To determine the financially liable person, you must examine the circumstances. Our Burlington rideshare accident lawyers can help you identify who was responsible for the accident and help you file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Hire a Burlington Rideshare Accident Attorney to Help You File Your Case
Car accident cases, regardless of who was driving at the time of the collision, tend to be complicated. Our personal injury lawyers can help you with the following:
Represent You in Court
Not all cases may result in a settlement. In some instances, your case may go to trial. Our rideshare accident lawyers in Burlington can represent you in court and help you fight for compensation. Our lawyers are prepared for the unexpected and know how to navigate unforeseen paths during the legal process.
Insurance companies usually try to avoid paying the entire requested amount for your injuries. However, a rideshare accident attorney in Burlington can assist you in negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company and collect crucial evidence to make a strong argument.
We can help your case by:
- Estimating how much your case may be worth and explaining the next steps of the process to you
- Fighting for the financial recovery you may be entitled to
- Assisting you by building your claim or lawsuit and negotiating for a reasonable settlement
- Investigating how the accident happened and acquiring the needed evidence to support you
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Burlington, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages from a Rideshare Accident Case
If you or your loved one suffered in a rideshare accident, you might be able to recover compensation for the damages that the defendant caused in the accident. The total compensation you could receive can depend on several factors, some of which includ
- The extent of the damages and injury
- The time you were unable to go to work due to the injury, which can lead to reduced or loss of income
- The pain and suffering you or your loved ones went through during the accident and the recovery process
- If the accident led to the loss of a loved one
Recoverable damages typically include medical bills, future medical expenses, and mental and emotional distress from your injuries. These can include:
- Costs for physical therapy
- The costs of the prescriptions needed for your injuries
- Costs incurred for the ongoing treatment
- Emergency medical care costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages when you are undergoing recovery
- Pain and suffering
Burlington Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents may be caused by several factors, which may include the following:
- Rideshare drivers are engaged in multiple tasks, which may cause fatigue—driving while tired has a high chance of causing accidents
- Rideshare drivers rely on apps to check the routes and directions of the passenger’s destinations, which can be dangerous and cause a distraction if done unsafely
- An accident may occur due to aggressive or impatient driving; a driver may speed or try to weave in and out of traffic
- Driving when impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Defective auto equipment, which may include worn-out tires or malfunctioning airbags
What You Should Do After You Are Involved in a Rideshare Accident
To establish a strong case, you should begin at the accident scene.
Here are some actions you can take after you have encountered a rideshare accident:
- Call the police and request medical assistance as soon as possible
- Ensure that you take photos of the accident showing the damage to the vehicle and your injuries
- Ensure you take photos of the driver’s license or any documentation identifying the party involved in the accident
- Gather other information, such as writing down the insurance details of the driver involved in the collision
- Collect information from the witnesses, including their statements and contact details
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Burlington Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
We work on a contingency fee basis. We not do not collect any upfront fees or payments unless you receive compensation for your case. Before our legal team can start working on your case, you must agree to provide a percentage of the share if we win your claim or lawsuit.
Accidents can create chaos and stress in our lives. We understand what you are going through and want to help you restore balance in your life. We offer free consultations and can help you explore your options. Contact us today.