Leading automakers have announced plans to unveil more vehicles with advanced auto-pilot and sensory features. Even though human error accounts for most vehicle accidents today, technological flaws in some self-driving cars may also result in accidents.
If you were hurt in a self-driving car accident, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. A Burlington self-driving car accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you throughout the claims process.
How Our Burlington Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyer Can Serve You
The technology behind most self-driving cars on the road is still in the early stages of development. Additionally, the federal government is yet to pass specific laws and regulations for self-driving cars and their safety. As a result, self-driving car accident victims may have difficulty proving liability and recovering compensation. However, we’re ready to represent you if you’ve been injured in such an accident.
Our Burlington self-driving car accident lawyer can do the following to help your case:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine the causation of the self-driving accident
- Gather evidence, including witness statements, medical records, doctor’s notes, and the police report, to bolster your claim
- Hire accident reconstruction experts to shed some light on the events surrounding the accident and identify all liable parties
- File a lawsuit on your behalf before the statute of limitations expires
- Answer all questions you may have regarding the case and provide timely updates
- Ensure the insurance company and/or the other party’s legal team doesn’t shift the accident’s blame on you
- Handle all legal paperwork and communication with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiate for a settlement that covers all your losses
Our Policy: No Win, No Pay
Some victims of self-driving car accidents may be skeptical about seeking legal representation because they believe it’s too expensive. Fortunately, our law firm works on a contingency fee basis. You won’t be required to pay any upfront legal fees and costs unless and until we win a settlement or court verdict on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a self-driving car accidents lawyer serving Burlington, call 800-333-9999
Possible Damages Available After Burlington Self-Driving Car Accident
Self-driving car accidents, like other motor vehicle accidents, are capable of causing devastating injuries for victims. If you’ve been injured in a self-driving accident, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and the rest of his team can help you recover economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Past, ongoing, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses incurred following the accident
- Reduced earning capacity
Tragically, some people lose their lives in self-driving car accidents. If that was the case for your family member, you could recover the cost of funeral expenses, final medical bills, and lost financial support or inheritance.
Burlington Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Deadline for Filing Your Lawsuit in Burlington, KY
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, you only have up to two years to file a vehicle accident lawsuit if you were hurt in a self-driving car accident. Alternatively, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 states that you generally have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you’ve lost a loved one in such an accident.
The time limit for filing a personal injury begins from the accident date, while the time limit for filing a wrongful death lawsuit starts after the victim’s demise.
We urge you to get in touch with our firm as soon as possible, as failure to adhere to the applicable deadline may result in your forfeiting your right to collect compensation.
What to Do After a Self-driving Car Accident in Burlington, KY
The following are the various steps you should take after a self-driving car accident to protect yourself and your legal rights:
- Move to safety and call the police to report the accident.
- Document the accident scene and exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Seek immediate medical attention regardless of the severity of your injuries.
- Maintain records of all your doctor’s appointments, treatment, and medical bill receipts.
- Consult our Burlington self-driving car accident attorney to discuss your legal options.
Being proactive after getting hurt in an accident ensures not only your health and safety but also substantiates your claim. As such, it helps link the self-driving car accident to your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Self-Driving Car Accidents in Burlington
Even though automated driving systems help eliminate accidents resulting from human error, self-driving car accidents are still too common. The following are causes of these types of accidents:
- Unheeded warnings
- Mechanical failure
- Imperfect visuals due to broken cameras
- Bad weather prevents the sensors from functioning properly
- Improper or outdated automated driving systems
- Failure of the cars to recognize hazards
- Incompatible parts from the manufacturers
- Brake failure
Liability in a Burlington Self-driving Car Accident
Establishing liability in a self-driving car accident is never straightforward and requires extensive investigation and analysis. Here are the various parties that may be held accountable in such an accident:
- The driver
- The car manufacturer
- The government agency responsible for regulating self-driving cars
- The government agency responsible for constructing and maintaining roads
- The automation technology designer
- The company responsible for installing the automation technology
- The company responsible for testing the automation technology
Our Burlington Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyers Stand Ready to Help You
If you’ve been injured in a self-driving car accident, don’t hesitate to contact our Burlington self-driving car accident attorney. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help you build a strong case and recover compensation on your behalf. Our team has over 400 years of combined legal experience and secured more than $1 billion in settlements and verdicts.
Reach out to us for a free consultation today.