Rideshare drivers must follow every rule of the road and NHTSA laws on vehicle and highway safety. If they do not adhere to these rules, they can cause an accident risking the lives of other motorists and pedestrians. Moreover, rideshare accidents can result in painful and expensive injuries.
If you or your loved one sustained injuries in a rideshare accident, you may be able to recover compensation. A Brownsburg rideshare accident lawyer can assist with your case. Our in-house team of litigators can collect evidence, build your case, and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
How a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Brownsburg Can Help with Your Case
Our Brownsburg rideshare accident lawyers have over 400 years of combined experience and have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our clients, including:
- $1.429 million after a vehicle crossed three lanes of traffic and caused an accident
- $1 million after a vehicle caused an accident while driving too fast for road conditions
- $1 million after a vehicle failed to yield the right of way and caused an accident
Darryl “The Hammer” Issacs and our team can build your case and represent you while you recover from the accident. We can do this by:
Investigating the Accident
We can investigate your accident and collect evidence to build your case. Evidence can include:
- Medical records
- The official police report
- A driver’s history
- A vehicle’s maintenance records
- Accident reconstruction
- Images of the accident scene
- Surveillance footage of the accident
- Eyewitness accounts
- Images of injuries
The circumstances of your accident will help determine how much compensation you can receive. However, our Brownsburg rideshare accident attorneys can gather evidence to prove liability and fight for fair compensation.
Negotiating a Settlement
One or several parties can be liable for a rideshare accident. Furthermore, insurance coverage can vary, depending on the details of the incident:
- Rideshare insurance applies if an accident occurred when the app was on and the driver was picking up passengers or fulfilling a ride request.
- Rideshare insurance can apply if an accident occurred when a driver was waiting for a ride request and the app was on if a driver’s personal auto insurance does not apply.
- Rideshare insurance does not cover an accident that occurred when the app was off. In this case, the driver’s auto insurance may cover damages.
Negotiating a settlement can be complicated. However, our Brownsburg rideshare accident attorneys can represent you during negotiations and fight for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Brownsburg, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Brownsburg Rideshare Accident
You can obtain compensation for a variety of injuries, including economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Current and future medical bills, such as emergency room care, hospital stays, and medication
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced ability to earn income
- In-home modifications, such as a wheelchair ramp
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental distress, such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD
Your exact injuries will help determine how much compensation you can receive. However, our Brownsburg rideshare accident attorneys can fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
Wrongful Death Damages
You can also receive additional compensation if you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident. This can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The deceased’s medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance
Brownsburg Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Cost of Hiring Our Brownsburg Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has a contingency fee policy. We offer free case reviews and do not charge any upfront fees or costs. You only pay attorney fees after we win or settle your case.
The Statute of Limitations in a Brownsburg Rideshare Accident
The statute of limitations in Indiana, IC §34-11-2-4, generally provides two years from the time of your rideshare accident to file your case. However, this timeline can vary, depending on your case. Nonetheless, our team can ensure your case is filed in a timely manner.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
You will want to seek medical attention for any injuries after any accident, even if they’re minor. Additionally, you will want to follow up with your doctor, especially if your condition persists. Doing so will ensure your medical record is consistent with your injuries, which can help you obtain fair compensation.
You can also contact our Brownsburg rideshare accident attorneys for help building your case.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can occur because of several reasons, including negligent driving. Distracted driving is one form of negligent driving. Distracted driving can include:
- Eating or drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Operating electronic devices, such as texting or calling
Negligent driving also includes failing to follow road safety rules, such as:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Turning or merging without using signals
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to adhere to stop signs and lights
- Fatigued driving
Our attorneys can investigate your accident and build your case to establish liability and fight for fair compensation.
Consult a Rideshare Accident Attorney in Brownsburg Today
Our Brownsburg rideshare lawyers are ready to assist with your case. We can gather evidence, build your case, and represent you while you recover. Contact us today for a free case review.