Delivery trucks travel throughout Kentucky and the Bowling Green areas daily, transporting products and materials, dropping off packages, delivering food and groceries, and more. Unfortunately, delivery van and truck drivers are often subject to time restrictions. As a result, they may become careless by speeding, failing to yield, or making other poor driving decisions in their rush to make deliveries. Being under duress and driving in haste can lead to accidents that inflict severe injuries on survivors.
If you have been injured in a delivery van accident, please contact our Bowling Green delivery van accident lawyer for a free case review so we can explain your legal rights and options. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we are eager to meet you and discuss how we can help you through this challenging time.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Bowling Green Delivery Van Accident?
Injuries are common in accidents involving large vehicles such as delivery vans. If you hire an attorney and pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit, there are several damages you may ask for in your case, including the following:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance services, emergency care, hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, rehab, physical therapy, and ongoing treatment
- Lost income from missed work time due to your injuries and recovery period
- Diminished earning capacity for long-term disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Quality of life losses, such as loss of enjoyment of activities
- Punitive (penalizing) damages for especially egregious actions
- Wrongful death damages, such as funeral and burial expenses, if you are a family member of a person fatally injured in a delivery van accident
For a free legal consultation with a delivery van accidents lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Delivery Van Accidents
Although delivery vans and trucks are smaller than other commercial vehicles such as semis, many are still quite large compared to standard passenger vehicles, weighing as much as 26,000 pounds. Some of the top delivery companies in the U.S. include UPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon, and Wal-Mart, but there are many others.
Deliveries across the country have increased dramatically in recent years, driven mainly by the hundreds of millions of purchases made by online consumers annually. Circumstances that can lead to delivery van and truck crashes include the following:
- Driver fatigue, often caused by working long hours and overtime and a general shortage of delivery drivers to meet demands
- Driver distraction, such as cell phone use
- Driver intoxication, when under the influence of illicit or prescription drugs or alcohol
- Drivers going too fast or being careless when trying to make up time and meet deadlines by speeding or overtaking other vehicles
- Improper loading or overloading, when cargo is unevenly distributed, too heavy, or flies off the vehicle and into oncoming traffic
- Inadequate driver training, as some companies have minimal hiring requirements, such as being 21 years old and having a valid driver’s license
- Poor vehicle maintenance leading to mechanical problems, such as failing to follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
Bowling Green Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Who Can Be Liable for a Bowling Green Delivery Van Accident?
The party responsible for a delivery van accident is most likely going to be the delivery company and its insurer. However, this depends on the circumstances, as there may be more than one liable party, which could include any of the following:
The shipping company: If a driver working for a private company (e.g., Amazon) is clocked in when your accident occurred, that business is likely to face at least some legal responsibility for your damages, and probably in the form of insurance liability.
The government: Uncommonly, a government agency might be liable for an accident, such as if a U.S. postal service delivery vehicle or mail worker were at fault. A local government might be responsible for a poorly serviced or defective roadway that causes an accident.
The delivery driver: A driver might be liable for punitive damages if they were intentionally reckless or exhibited gross negligence.
Additionally, other parties potentially liable for an accident include third-party drivers, landowners, and makers of auto parts. If multiple parties share responsibility for your losses, you might be able to seek compensation from all of them according to their degree of fault.
How a Delivery Van Accident Attorney Can Help
If you were in an accident caused by a delivery truck, discussing your case with a personal injury attorney would be helpful if you want to build the best claim possible. In addition to providing you with immediate legal insight and guidance, they will begin examining your circumstances to determine who is liable and how much your claim might be worth.
Specifically, a Bowling Green delivery van accident lawyer can help you in the following ways and more:
- Investigating the accident scene and collecting and preserving evidence
- Taking photos or video of the accident scene, if possible, or obtaining surveillance video from nearby businesses or residences
- Gathering all documents supporting your claim, including police and accident reports, medical records, auto repair estimates, etc.
- Talking to eyewitnesses and getting contact information
- Getting help from an accident scene reconstruction expert
- Negotiating with the liable party and insurance companies in an attempt to secure a fair settlement
- Representing you in court, if necessary, and demonstrating how the accident adversely impacted your life physically, emotionally, and financially
- Proving that the defendant(s) in the case are responsible for compensating you for your losses
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult with a Bowling Green Delivery Van Accident Lawyer to Learn More
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we have recovered over $1 billion in Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio for injured clients, with a 99% success rate. Our track record demonstrates we fully understand how the legal system works and serves injured survivors. We will personalize your case and fight hard to secure fair compensation for your losses.
Please contact us today to talk to a legal professional from our team. Consultations are free and confidential, and we can help you further understand your case’s nuances and determine the best options to explore to ensure you are satisfied with your legal and financial outcome.