Construction zones are known for contributing to severe accidents, especially when multiple vehicles, detours, and workers in the roadway are involved. Although many reputable construction companies make tremendous efforts to avoid accidents, it can be challenging to prevent them when human error and other factors are at play. And with such powerful vehicles, it’s not hard to imagine that a collision involving a passenger vehicle could be catastrophic.
If you are an injured survivor of one of these accidents, you are urged to contact a Bowling Green construction vehicle accident lawyer today, as you might be entitled to a settlement from the parties responsible. For a free consultation, please contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case and learn your legal rights and options.
Receiving Compensation in Bowling Green Construction Vehicle Accidents
Being injured in a construction truck accident can be physically painful and emotionally challenging. A personal injury attorney can build a solid case for compensation for you for actual financial damages as well as those related to emotional or personal losses, such as the following:
- Medical bills, including emergency care, surgeries, hospitalization, rehab, doctor visits, prescription medications, etc.
- Lost wages, such as loss of income due to missed time from work while in recovery and future diminished earning capacity
- Property damage, including repair and replacement of your vehicle
- Pain and suffering, including severe physical discomfort and emotional anguish
- Other personal losses, such as scarring and disfigurement, long-term disability, and diminished quality of life
- Punitive damages, intended to penalize parties for gross negligence and egregious misconduct
- Wrongful death damages, receivable by the family members of a fatally injured victim to cover expenses such as funeral and burial costs
When pursuing compensation, your attorney will begin negotiations with the construction truck driver, the construction company, their insurers, and their legal counsel, seeking a fair settlement. Next, you and your attorney can file a civil complaint against the liable parties and proceed with the lawsuit if a favorable settlement can’t be reached.
For a free legal consultation with a construction vehicle accidents lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
Establishing Liability in Bowling Green Construction Vehicle Accidents
All drivers, including construction truck operators, are expected by law to take reasonable care and not harm others, such as motorists, bicycles, workers, and pedestrians in their vicinity. This means that if you were injured or sustained property damage in a construction accident due to no fault of your own, you have the right to pursue the liable party for the injuries and losses you’ve sustained.
A Bowling Green construction vehicle accident lawyer can help you pursue compensation for injuries you’ve suffered in accidents involving the following types of construction vehicles and more:
- Cherry pickers
- Cement mixers
- Dump trucks
- Front-end loaders
Construction vehicle accident claims are typically founded on the negligence of one or more parties that caused your injuries. For example, those who can be held financially responsible for this type of accident include the following:
Construction Truck Drivers
Human error is the primary cause of most traffic accidents. Common reasons for at-fault driver accidents are reported as being due to distraction, fatigue, or merely poor decision-making. Other truck driver actions could be more egregious, such as driving aggressively, recklessly, intoxicated, or at an excessive speed.
However, as long as a truck driver is on-the-clock when they cause an accident, it is likely that their employer and insurance company will be responsible for compensating you for your losses.
Construction Truck Company
Large construction trucks must be safe to drive, with their heavy cargo secured for the trip. There should also be precautions to decrease the risk of turning accidents and rear-end collisions. Any failure or negligence on the part of a construction company that leads to an accident can result in legal liability, as evidenced by actions such as the following:
- Employing inadequately trained or unlicensed staff
- Allowing fatigued or intoxicated drivers to operate vehicles
- Overloading vehicles
- Poorly maintaining and repairing vehicles
- Failing to replace malfunctioning parts or equipment
- Failing to adhere to traffic safety regulations at the construction site
Trucking companies can be partially or fully responsible for compensating victims injured in accidents that could have been prevented by using reasonable care when hiring and managing workers, equipment, and their sites.
Construction Truck or Automotive Parts Manufacturer
If a construction truck or an individual part malfunctions and causes an accident, the manufacturer may be liable for its product’s failure. For example, this could include a defective crane or cable that drops construction materials on the road.
Bowling Green Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Why Hire a Bowling Green Construction Truck Accident Lawyer?
Massive trucks, sometimes weighing up to 80,000 pounds, and robust equipment and machinery are needed at construction sites to move heavy debris and materials such as gravel, concrete, steel, lumber, and sand throughout a work site. For this reason, construction trucks and their operators are uniquely positioned to inflict severe damage upon other vehicles, their passengers, and pedestrians.
With so many variables and parties involved in one of these accidents, a legal expert must dissect a large amount of information and pinpoint the relevant evidence needed to support a client’s claims to build a solid case. In addition to identifying liable parties, calculating damages, and pursuing compensation, an attorney can help you with the following:
- Investigating the accident and collecting evidence, including taking photos and videos, if possible
- Obtaining documents supporting your claims, such as medical records, police reports, and construction company logs
- Talking to eyewitnesses and getting their information
- Consulting with medical professionals and construction accident specialists
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Handling all legal procedures, such as filing motions, undermining evidence provided by the defense, and representing you in court proceedings
Talk to a Bowling Green Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer complimentary case reviews, and we will get started right away helping you secure the compensation you deserve. Please schedule a consultation with one of our Bowling Green construction vehicle accident attorneys today and let us handle your personal injury case while you focus on recovering and reclaiming your life.