Have you had an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist? Find out what a Bowling Green uninsured motorist lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can do to support you.
In Kentucky, you must have insurance on your car—it’s obligatory by law. Unfortunately, not everyone does. Many people opt for uninsured and/or underinsured motorist coverage to be safe. Maybe you don’t have these insurance options.
When an uninsured driver causes damage to you, your passengers, or your car, a personal injury lawyer can help sort things out.
What Should I Do After My Warren County Accident?
The following suggestions help you know how to protect your well-being and rights in pursuit of a legal case:
- Call 911 – dispatch will send police to generate an accident report.
- Get the name and other contact details of the other driver.
- Talk to any witnesses and gather their recollections of the accident.
- Take photos and video of the scene if you can.
- Collect any traffic cam or CCTV footage.
- If you need to see a doctor—keep all medical reports and receipts.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
- Call an uninsured motorist lawyer in Bowling Green to begin working on your case.
Before you start feeling overwhelmed, remember an attorney can take many of these tasks and more off your plate.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
How Can a Bowling Green Uninsured Motorist Attorney Help?
An uninsured motorist attorney in Bowling Green could go to the scene of the accident, collect evidence, and investigate the situation. We look at all the evidence and determine who was at fault. We also review medical records and police reports for valuable evidence.
Insurance companies may attempt to contact you, and we’ll communicate on your behalf with them. Car accidents cause more damage than just broken headlights or bent fenders. Even if there isn’t a death involved, people suffer from pain, loss of earnings, stress, and other mental health issues.
Your own insurance policy may not cover all your damages, and you deserve full compensation. Kentucky is a no-fault state, so accident victims will file a claim with their insurer first. If your damages exceed what your policy covers, you deserve that additional compensation from the other driver.
At this time of uncertainty and distress, the last thing most people want to do is get mixed up in legal proceedings. This is where uninsured motorist lawyers excel. We do the work, so you don’t have to.
Bowling Green Uninsured Motorist Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Will I Have to Pay My Uninsured Motorist Lawyer?
We work on a contingency basis. Contingency means you only pay if you win your case, so there are no upfront costs or fees.
Unless and until the action is settled in your favor, you won’t have to pay anything. Additionally, our fees come from your earnings, not your pocket. This plan also includes a free case evaluation that will give you an idea of how much the fees will be if the case ends in your favor.
The Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Kentucky
A statute of limitations dictates how long one has to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations for Kentucky car accidents is two years from the date of your accident. This can be found in Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230. If you fail to file your lawsuit within two years, your case will be automatically dismissed.
There are sometimes exceptions, however, which is another reason why hiring an uninsured motorist lawyer from our firm is wise.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Money Can I Receive for My Case?
This is a difficult question to answer, as each case is different. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will do all they can to get you the settlement or court award you deserve. We will include all relevant compensation items as they apply to your case, such as:
- Medical bills, including those starting from treatment immediately after your accident and those ongoing for as long as you need extra care, medication, and treatment.
- Any loss of earnings directly related to the accident. This includes having a lower work capacity from your injuries.
- Pain and suffering. This is an open-ended area and includes the physical and emotional suffering from your injuries.
- Property damage and/or replacement costs. For example, if you were coming home with a brand-new television, and it got smashed to bits, then it will cost money to replace and repair it.
Insurance Policy Confusion
You might not know what type of car insurance coverage you have, as this is frequently a confusing area in insurance policies. Our lawyers can help you determine the coverage for damages incurred and communicate with insurance providers to review the details of your available compensation.
You may also find you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage that can pay for the remaining costs of the damages your policy couldn’t cover. You might decide the driver, even though uninsured, can pay costs out of pocket. This may be a viable option as this is a way to avoid long, drawn-out negotiations with insurance groups and open the way for a personal injury lawsuit.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Many factors cause road accidents. The following causes involve driver liability:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Driver distraction from a phone, passengers, or food
- Failure to obey road signs and road rules
- Lack of vehicle maintenance, such as the car having faulty brakes or missing an indicator light
Your lawyer will determine how the accident happened and fight to recover your damages from the liable party.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
We have over two decades of experience and we’re ready to put it to work for you. We’re always in contact with our clients and work tirelessly to get the desired result for your case. You’re encouraged to call us for a free consultation to discuss your case and options.
You need time to recover; our Bowling Green uninsured motorist lawyers give you this while we fight for your justice and compensation.