Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, anytime, and to anybody. Moreover, they can cause a range of damages. Fortunately, you can recover compensation if you suffered injuries after a slip and fall accident.
Issacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help if you or someone close to you is a victim of this kind of accident. Our team of Bowling Green Slip and Fall Lawyers can investigate the incident, build your case, and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
How a Bowling Green Slip-and-Fall Lawyer Can Help You
Our team has over 400 years of combined legal experience. We have recovered over $1 billion for our clients through favorable verdicts and settlements. We can help with your case by:
- Answering your legal questions and offering guidance
- Investigating the incident
- Talking to any witnesses and securing statements
- Obtaining key evidence, such as medical reports
- Reviewing video footage of the incident
- Establishing who is liable for your accident
- Maintaining invoices and receipts associated with your injuries
- Handling all negotiations and correspondence for you
Obtaining compensation after an accident can be challenging. However, our team can use our resources to build your case and fight for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Compensation from a Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accident
Filing a claim can allow you to receive reparations through financial compensation. Your claim can cover a variety of economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Current and future medical expenses: you can recover immediate and future medical expenses, including emergency room care, hospitalization, medication, surgeries, follow-up care, rehabilitation, and more.
- Lost earnings and wages: this includes wages you miss while you recover from your accident. You can also receive compensation for the loss of earning capacity caused by your injury if your accident causes long-term damage.
- Pain and suffering: this includes prolonged pain, emotional stress, depression, PTSD, and a variety of conditions that reduce your quality of life.
- Property damage: You can also recover the cost of replacing or repairing damage to your property. For example, you might have smashed your phone in your fall or shattered a medical device attached to your body.
The severity of your injuries and the cost associated with them will help determine how much compensation you can receive. However, a slip-and-fall lawyer in Bowling Green can use medical records, invoices, receipts, and other evidence to help you recover fair compensation.
Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations in a Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accident
A statute of limitations is the timeline a state places on claims. This stops people from claiming compensation for accidents years after the event.
For slip and fall claims in Kentucky, the statute of limitations is generally one year from the date of the accident, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1). Although the law recognizes that there might be exceptions to this limit in some cases, you should assume that the one-year limit applies in your case. Our attorneys can ensure your case is filed promptly to avoid dismissal.
The Cost of a Bowling Green Slip-and-Fall Attorney
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we don’t charge any upfront fees and costs. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that our fee comes out of your final settlement.
You will not pay us until we win or settle your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability in Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Objects left on the floor
- Freshly mopped floors
- Uneven sidewalks and surfaces
- Spilled substances
- Falling objects
- Bad lighting
- Insufficient safety measures, such as lack of handrails
Some of these instances are the result of negligence by a landlord, property owner, business owner, property manager, and other parties responsible for maintaining safe premises. For example, if a store owner mops the floor and does not place a warning sign, they can be liable for the accident. Our team can investigate your accident and build your case to prove liability and fight for fair compensation.
Common Injuries from a Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall victims can suffer many injuries depending on the location and cause of their accidents, including:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Twisted or sprained ankles
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
What to Do After a Bowling Green Slip and Fall Accident
Be sure to seek medical attention for any injuries, even minor ones, after your accident. Having a doctor diagnose your injuries will ensure they heal properly. You will also want to follow up with your doctor, especially if the condition persists. Maintaining an accurate medical record can help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
You can also hire our team of attorneys to help with your case. We can build your case and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
Contact a Slip-and-Fall Attorney in Bowling Green for Help with Your Case
Let Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team help with your case. We can investigate the incident, establish liability, and negotiate on your behalf to obtain compensation for your injuries. Contact us today for a free case review.