In the past decade, many older adults have reported abuse from caregivers who take advantage of their vulnerability. If this has happened to someone you love, it might be time to involve a personal injury lawyer who can protect your rights and interests and hold those who abused your loved one accountable. Bowling Green, Kentucky, is famous as a university city with lots to see and do for people of all ages.
A community that thrives here is the senior population that resides in local nursing homes. Sadly, not all senior care facilities deliver on their promises to offer quality care and treatment. Fortunately, a Bowling Green nursing home abuse lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help provide peace of mind for your loved ones in nursing homes.
You can start today with a free consultation with our team.
How a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Bowling Green Can Help Your Case
For seniors and their families, pursuing a nursing home abuse case can be overwhelming. Identifying signs of abuse or neglect is often challenging, not to mention holding the liable parties accountable. For most, these issues can be even harder to navigate once they enter the complicated world of law. If you suspect abuse at a nursing home in the Bowling Green area, hiring a nursing home abuse lawyer from a firm can lift a huge burden off your shoulders.
When they take on your Bowling Green personal injury case, attorneys from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will start by learning all the facts of the case. From there, they can file a claim, represent you in negotiations, and seek compensation from negligent parties.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Bowling Green Nursing Home Abuse Case
Nursing homes are supposed to be safe; when abuse happens, this is always an unfortunate turn of events. To guarantee justice, victims of abuse are eligible for different forms of compensation that include:
- Economic damages: These are the financial losses that arise because of harm at the nursing home. Compensation covers medical bills and medication, and loss of finances.
- Non-economic damages: These include pain and suffering that emerges from cases of abuse or neglect. Considerations during compensation include mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, physical and emotional pain, and fear or humiliation.
- Wrongful death damages: If your loved one suffered fatal injuries after enduring abuse in a Bowling Green nursing home, a wrongful death lawyer can help you recover damages, including your relative’s medical expenses, funeral and burial expenses, and more.
Bowling Green Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Kentucky’s Statute of Limitations for Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Kentucky’s statute of limitations for nursing home neglect and abuse is one year, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1). You generally have one year from the decedent’s death date to file a wrongful death action. You also could have within one year from the appointment of an estate representative or administrator to file it, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.180.
To successfully make an abuse claim, the victim or their family members should consult a legal representative for help in filing a claim within 12 months of discovery.
How Much does a Bowling Green Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Cost?
There is no set fee range for a nursing home abuse attorney’s service; costs typically vary from one legal firm to another. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand that getting the right legal help is essential. This is why we operate on a contingency fee method.
We receive payment only after we settle your insurance claim or injury lawsuit. If we don’t win, we don’t charge a fee.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Abuses that Occur in Nursing Homes
Nursing home abuse is a legally complicated issue that requires thorough investigations to prove. While nursing homes can find themselves at fault, the burden of proof usually rests on the aggrieved senior, who must show that wrongs were done. In best-case scenarios, a nursing home abuse attorney in Bowling Green can prove that abuse happened and that their client is eligible for compensation.
Nursing home residents can recover compensation if they have suffered various types of abuse. Some of the most common abuse violations (or failures to act) in Bowling Green, Kentucky, include:
- Physical abuse. Physical abuse includes failure (of a nursing home) to deliver nutrition, medication, or treatment adequately and safely. When a nursing home’s actions lead to physical injury, they’re considered irresponsible and liable for abuse.
- Emotional abuse. It’s tough to spot cases where vulnerable seniors are emotionally abused because they might find it hard to express themselves or even fear speaking up. If a claimant can prove they are victims of nursing home physical or emotional intimidation, they are liable for compensation.
- Sexual abuse. Some nursing home residents report they have suffered sexual abuse. These abuses include horrific treatment such as unnecessary touching, assault, nudity, and rape.
- Financial abuse. Older adults can suffer from many conditions, both physical and psychological. In unfortunate cases, caregivers have been found guilty of deceiving senior adults and stealing their pensions and savings.
While families visit their loved ones in a nursing home regularly, they cannot also recognize when abuse or neglect is an issue. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has experience preparing cases by gathering proof to prove abuse claims. Our connections across Kentucky can help us fight for your loved ones’ rights.
To date, we have recovered more than $1 billion in damages for our clients, demonstrating our commitment to our clients’ recoveries. We want to help you and your family, so reach out to us today for a free consultation.
Who Is Liable for Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
Injured parties filing a nursing home abuse claim must prove how the nursing home facility acted negligently. Other parties that can be considered liable include staff, caregivers, and other residents, who can also be held responsible for abuses. Bowling Green nursing home abuse lawyers have filed claims against homes and staff for:
- Negligent hiring: Staff members are untrained or offenders.
- Understaffing: Residents don’t receive the proper care because of inadequate staffing.
- Resident rights: A facility fails to uphold rights accorded by the law.
A Bowling Green Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Can Help – Call Us Now
If you suspect abuse at a Bowling Green nursing home, don’t wait. Take action now and contact us for help from our Bowling Green nursing home abuse attorney. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, led by Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, offers free and confidential consultations to all abuse victims and their families.
Our team will work with you to discover the parties responsible for the abuse and guide you on the best ways to proceed. Whether the case ends in a lawsuit or settlement, you deserve justice because abuse of any kind should never be tolerated.