Semi-truck accidents can lead to a variety of painful and expensive damages. Fortunately, you can recover compensation for your injuries.
Our semi-truck accident lawyers in Berea can help with your case. Let the team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers build your case and fight for fair compensation while you focus on treatment and recovery.
How Will a Berea Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Your first concern after an accident should be your health. However, after you seek medical attention, a Berea truck accident attorney can help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Communication with insurance companies and other representatives of trucking companies can be challenging. Our team can represent you and negotiate on your behalf to protect your interests and fight for fair compensation. We can also aid your case by:
- Answering your legal questions
- Investigating the incident
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Collecting relevant evidence, such as CCTV footage, police reports, medical records, etc.
- Establishing what parties are liable for the accident
- Filing your compensation claim with the insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters, lawyers, and other representatives
- Representing your case at trial, if necessary
The Cost of Hiring Our Team
There are no upfront fees and costs to hire our legal team. We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will only pay us when we win or settle your case.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Berea, call 800-333-9999
How Long After an Accident Should I File a Compensation Lawsuit?
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230, you generally have two years from the date of the accident, your loved one’s passing, or your final PIP payment to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, there may be exceptions to this timeline, depending on the details of your case.
It is important to start compiling your case quickly to ensure the deadline doesn’t lapse before your case is filed. Furthermore, acting quickly will allow you to build your case when the evidence is fresh and witnesses can clearly remember the details of the accident.
Berea Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Compensation Can I Recover After a Semi-Truck Accident?
You can recover various economic and non-economic damages after a truck accident, including:
- Lost income and benefits
- Nursing home and rehabilitation center fees
- Medical bills (including future expenses)
- Pain and suffering
- Damaged property
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and permanent scarring
- Wrongful death damages, including loss of consortium, funeral expenses, the deceased’s lost income, the deceased’s medical bills
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our previous clients. However, the amount of compensation you can recover depends on the details of your case.
What Causes Contribute to Semi-Truck Accidents in Berea?
Various factors can be to blame for truck accidents, such as poor weather conditions. However, sometimes they are a result of someone else’s negligence. Common instances of semi-truck accidents caused by negligence include:
- Badly loaded or unsecured cargo
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving, such as talking on the phone, rummaging through the glove box, eating, etc.
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Hiring inexperienced drivers
- Inadequate drug and alcohol screening
- Infrequent truck maintenance
- Defective parts, such as brakes, tires, and steering systems
Furthermore, liable parties can include:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- The mechanic who performs maintenance
- The cargo loader
- The truck manufacturer
- The auto part manufacturer
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should I Do After a Berea Truck Accident?
Each accident is different. However, there are a few key steps you can follow to protect your health and personal interests following an accident.
Seek Medical Attention
No matter how minor you deem your injuries, seeking medical attention is in your best interest. The post-accident adrenaline can shield you from feeling any pain, and delaying medical attention can cause additional health damage. Seeking medical attention immediately will ensure your injuries are properly treated.
Moreover, your medical records and receipts can help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Don’t Admit Guilt
It is important to maintain your innocence when questioned by the police and when speaking to other parties and their representatives. Liable parties may be able to place blame on you if you say anything to admit guilt. If this happens, you may not be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
Contact Our Berea Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys
You can also contact a semi-truck accident attorney in Berea for help with your case. Our team can collect evidence and build your case while you concentrate on recovering from the accident. We can also communicate with representatives on your behalf and protect your interests.
Call Our Truck Accident Attorneys for Help with Your Case
Let our team handle your case while you focus on treatment. Our team has over 400 years of combined legal experience, and we can build your case and fight for fair compensation while you recover. Contact us today for a free case review.