Concussions are traumatic brain injuries that can impact victims’ daily lives. While many concussions are mild and treated with bed rest, others can be serious and may require more intense treatment. If someone else caused your injury, you may be entitled to recover damages.
If you have suffered a concussion injury near Berea, get in touch with a Berea concussion injuries lawyer. The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are here to fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Many insurance companies drive a hard bargain and use experienced representatives to persuade victims to accept quick settlements — these amounts may not cover the full scope of your losses. A personal injury lawyer can help guide you through the process and fight for fair compensation.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can:
- Thoroughly review your case and decide on the best strategy
- Prove who is liable for your injury
- Look at all the evidence and interview any witnesses
- Handle all correspondence and calls for you
- Prepare and present your claim to the insurance
- Keep in touch with you and be ready to answer any of your questions
According to the Department of Justice, most personal injury cases never get to the courts. Generally, they are settled by negotiation between an insurance company and the victim beforehand. Some victims might be tempted not to hire a lawyer unless their case goes to court. But an attorney can be an invaluable asset during negotiations with insurance.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injuries lawyer serving Berea, call 800-333-9999
What Am I Entitled to Claim in a Concussion Injury Case?
The amount you can claim depends on the nature of your losses. Each case is different and requires study. You can be confident we will fight for total compensation, covering all the damages you’ve suffered.
Here are some examples of what you could claim:
- Complete coverage of all present and future medical expenses: This will consist of immediate and long-term costs to cover an extended stay in the hospital, therapy, and medications.
- Compensation for lost income: This will include a loss of earning capacity if your accident means you can’t work as much as you did before the incident.
- Pain and suffering: An accident might have long-term consequences that affect your quality of life. You deserve to be compensated for this.
- All other out-of-pocket expenses caused by the accident.
Berea Concussion Injuries Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
When to File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
States put a time limit on lawsuits, and you must file before this deadline expires. In Kentucky, there are several statutes of limitations for personal injury cases. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1) allows general injury victims one year to file, while Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 gives car accident victims two years.
This period starts from the date of the accident, and although there are sometimes exceptions, you should always assume that these limits will apply to your claim. It’s always best to start as soon as possible.
How Much Does a Concussion Injuries Lawyer Cost?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the cost of hiring a lawyer can cause hesitation. Many people think they’re better off without a lawyer because of the price. That’s why we work on a contingency-fee basis.
This means that you don’t pay us unless we win or settle your case. There are no upfront costs or fees when you work with our firm. We offer a free, no-obligation case review so you can decide if Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is the right team for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Concussion Injuries
A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that can range in severity. Most victims make a full recovery with little medical intervention, but some people might need extensive care.
Any blow to the head can cause a concussion. Amongst the most common causes according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are:
- Slips and falls
- Sports injuries
- Being hit by or against an object
- Vehicle accidents
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can establish who is liable for your injury. You can protect yourself against a concussion by taking such precautions as:
- Fix handrails in places in the home where people may fall. For example, in the shower
- Always wear a helmet if you practice a sport with a risk of head injury
- Follow all safety guidelines at your workplace and report any risks to a supervisor
- Always wear a seat belt and drive cautiously
If you believe you might be suffering from a concussion, you should contact your medical provider as soon as possible. According to Beaumont Health, you should keep an eye out for symptoms like:
- Memory loss
- Problems with balance
Your medical provider will likely run a series of tests to establish the extent of your injuries. Some victims will recover quickly, while others may need more extensive treatment. Working with a concussion injuries attorney allows you to focus on healing while your lawyer handles your case.
Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
You shouldn’t delay in finding a lawyer. The sooner we begin, the better. We keep our phone lines open all day, every day. Call us now and find out how Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the settlement you deserve.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team are proud to serve accident victims in the Berea area. We have won over $1 billion for our clients in settlements, and our in-house litigation team is ready to tackle your case. Reach out to us for a free consultation to begin the road toward compensation.