Suppose you’re struggling with the aftermath of being hit by a car while walking or crossing the street. In that case, our Berea pedestrian accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation.
Pedestrians use the same roads and highways as vehicles. While most drivers obey traffic rules for the most part, pedestrians often fall victim to crashes that inflict severe bodily harm. Since pedestrians lack the safety features in vehicles, such as airbags and the outer metal shell, they sustain severe injuries, face high medical bills, and incur many other losses.
How Our Berea Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
Although pedestrian accident victims are entitled to file a compensatory claim, the legal process is often too complex for the average person. The insurance companies can also engage you in a protracted process before awarding any penny. Furthermore, you might be dealing with painful injuries, treatments, and emotional fallout. Pursuing a case under such circumstances will be too overwhelming. Our personal injury lawyers can help you.
Once you hire our law firm, we’ll leverage our experience and resources to help your case as follows:
Represent Your Interests
Healing from injuries sustained in a horrific crash is daunting, and you might face regular bills, like mortgages and utilities, upon new expenses. Sometimes, you might take loans to offset some payments, meaning debtors can come knocking at your door anytime.
Our legal team has your best interests at heart and will defend your rights when debtors and other involved parties violate them.
Negotiate with Insurance Companies
Handling discussions with insurance adjusters is difficult, as things can become contentious. They’ll question how your injuries came about, their correlation to the accident, and doubt the necessity of some medical interventions.
Our attorney knows these stalling tactics and will be the go-between countering any accusations to help you win.
Prevent You from Accepting Lowball Offers
Car accident victims can find themselves ailing for months or years on end as new symptoms come up. They could be fresh injuries or perhaps an existing condition devolved due to the accident.
Medical debt can send families on a downward spiral, making them desperate. Our attorney will keep you from accepting down payments that cannot pay the full costs.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Berea, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Berea Pedestrian Accident Case
Having our pedestrian accident attorney by your side helps you accurately determine all your losses since the accident occurred. Most people in your shoes focus on medical expenses and lost wages, but there’s much damage in the wake of accidents.
Our team will help you recover the following:
- Ambulance costs
- Medical bills and prescriptions
- Lost wages
- Childcare services
- Home modifications
- Loss of career if you cannot work again
- Loss of autonomy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death, including grief, pain and suffering, and funeral and burial costs
Berea Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Personal injury cases are expensive to compile and litigate and may take several weeks or months to resolve. Many clients cannot afford to pay the upfront fees, yet they require legal help to recover compensation.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers caters to clients of different economic experiences, and that’s why we handle pedestrian accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. Under this arrangement, you only pay when we win—our fee will be a settlement percentage.
Statutes of Limitations
Filing personal injury claims or other legal actions must happen within stipulated time frames or you risk being barred from collecting restitution. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 accords plaintiffs up to two years to file personal injury lawsuits after pedestrian accidents. The clock starts ticking from the injury date.
If someone dies due to their injuries, the departed person’s family can file a wrongful death suit within one year from the date of death as per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180. Consult our attorneys to learn more about the deadlines for filing your case and get legal help to ensure you don’t miss them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Liability in a Berea Pedestrian Accident Case
After you hire us, we must investigate your case to determine and prove liability. Our legal team must prove these elements of liability to win your case:
- Duty of Care: We show that the at-fault driver must act responsibly to avoid harming you and other road users. This entails observing all traffic rules and regulations.
- Violation: We prove that the driver’s actions, such as driving when intoxicated or failing to yield at a crosswalk, breached this duty of care and put everyone in harm’s way.
- Causation: Since the defendant drove while under the influence of alcohol, it impaired their judgment, and they hit you at a crosswalk.
- Calculable Losses: Our lawyers show that your injuries from the impact led to hospitalization, and you suffered losses you can recover through legal action as per Kentucky law.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Madison County, Kentucky
Once a driver crashes into you at a marked crosswalk or elsewhere, there are measures you can take to protect your rights.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs advises clients to do the following:
- Call the police to report the crash and request medical assistance
- Get a copy of the police report to attach when filing a legal claim
- Collect as much evidence as possible before the crash site clears; take photos of debris strewn across the road, vehicle damage, injuries, traffic signals, etc.
- Take witness statements and get their contact details for follow-up purposes.
- Speak to our pedestrian accident lawyer serving Berea for legal advice
- Journal your recovery process and keep a log of all expenses and receipts
- Don’t make official statements with insurance carriers without legal counsel
Contact Us for a Free Consultation and Responsive Legal Counsel
Are you suffering after being struck by a reckless driver? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you pursue damages for your injuries and damages. Our goal is to help you win maximum compensation so you don’t sink into financial ruin. Contact us for a free consultation and learn more about our responsive legal services.