Getting injured in a tractor-trailer accident can cause a major disruption in your life. You might be facing unexpected medical bills, emotional turmoil, and an unusable vehicle. This can leave victims feeling helpless and frustrated. However, you may be eligible for compensation.
A tractor-trailer accident lawyer in Bardstown can help you obtain compensation. Our team can answer your legal questions, handle your case, and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
What Can a Bardstown Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Do to Help Me?
Representing yourself in a claim or lawsuit can be overwhelming—especially if you are recovering from a significant injury. Our truck accident lawyers can build your case, protect your interests, and negotiate compensation on your behalf.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have over 400 years of combined legal experience. We can help you by:
- Investigating the incident
- Accumulating relevant evidence, including the police report, photographs of the scene, medical records, and eyewitness statements
- Pinpointing the liable party who caused the accident and your injuries
- Communicating with insurance companies and lawyers on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement
- Keeping you involved and up to date every step of the way
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Obtaining compensation can take a long time and be quite complicated. Let our Bardstown tractor-trailer accident attorneys handle your case while you focus on your health.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can I Seek After a Bardstown Tractor-Trailer Accident?
You can pursue compensation if you’ve been injured in a truck accident. Each case is unique, however, you may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses (both past and future)
- Loss of income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Childcare costs, if your injuries prevent you from caring for minor children
- Property damage and replacement costs
Furthermore, you can recover additional damages through a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one in a truck accident. Compensation can include:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- The deceased’s lost income
- The deceased’s medical bills
- Loss of companionship
Bardstown Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Does a Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorney in Bardstown Cost?
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers do not charge upfront costs or fees. Instead, we work on a contingency-fee-basis. You will only pay our truck accident attorneys when we win or settle your case.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Kentucky After a Truck Accident?
In the state of Kentucky, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits involving vehicles is generally two years from the date of the accident, your loved one’s passing, or your final PIP payment, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230. However, some accident cases may have different timelines, depending on the details of the accident.
Your case may be dismissed if you do not adhere to the appropriate deadline. However, our tractor-trailer accident attorneys can collect evidence, compile your case, and ensure your case is filed promptly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should I Do After a Tractor-Trailer Accident?
You will want to ensure your safety and the safety of others in the area after an accident. Once you have done that, the following steps may help protect your legal rights:
- Seek necessary medical care, even if you think your injuries are not serious. You can then use your medical record to prove your injuries and fight for fair compensation.
- Document as much as you possibly can, including pictures of the scene and your injuries after the accident. Ask for contact information and statements from nearby witnesses as these could prove valuable in the future.
- Keep all receipts as proof of damages. This includes medical bills, vehicle repair bills, car rental fees, and more.
- Obtain a copy of the official police report to use as evidence.
- Do not admit guilt or say anything to minimize the incident or your injuries.
- Consider contacting a Bardstown tractor-trailer accident lawyer to help you navigate the legal process and represent your case.
Common Causes of Bardstown Tractor-Trailer Accidents
Tractor-trailer accidents can be caused by various factors, such as negligence by one or multiple parties. Forms of negligence can include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to signal when turning or changing lanes
- Unsafe road conditions
- Poorly marked street signs
- Mechanical issues and faulty parts
- Improperly trained drivers
- Inadequate drug and alcohol screening
- Unsafe loading practices
Depending on your specific situation, the liable party may be the truck driver, their employer, a third driver, the truck manufacturer, the maintenance company, or even the local government in charge of road maintenance.
Common Injuries After a Tractor-Trailer Accident
Injuries from a truck crash can range from minor to severe. Common injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Burns, cuts, and lacerations
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Anxiety, depression, or PTSD
How Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help with Your Case
Truck injuries can cause major injuries and expensive bills. Our team can help you navigate the legal process and obtain compensation for your injuries. Let our Bardstown tractor-trailer accident lawyers advocate for you while you focus on recovering.
Contact us today for a free consultation.