The aftermath can be devastating when a garbage truck strikes another driver, even at low speeds. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident with a garbage truck, you may want to seek legal help. A garbage truck accident lawyer serving Bardstown can answer your questions and set you on the path to compensation for your injuries.
Garbage truck accidents can cause serious and even deadly injuries. If your garbage truck accident was caused by the driver or any other liable party, you have options to recover damages. The personal injury lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can handle your case while you rest.
How a Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer in Bardstown Can Help
Most people aren’t familiar with all relevant laws and how cases like this typically progress. A garbage truck accident lawyer on your team can handle the legal process for you. A truck accident attorney can help you:
- Establish liability. This is one of the most important things when making a claim. You must prove who is liable for your injuries and why they are responsible. A Bardstown garbage truck accident lawyer can do this for you with your guidance.
- Investigate the accident. Our team can assess your medical records, police reports of the accident, eyewitness accounts, the truck driver’s driving history, or maintenance records of their vehicle.
- Negotiate and communicate with insurance companies and legal representatives. Insurance claims and lawyers for the liable party may try to shift the blame to you or offer you a settlement that is not appropriate. Our firm is familiar with these strategies and can help make sure that no one takes advantage of you or your situation.
- Represent you in court. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will work through your claim from start to finish to ensure that you get what you need, even if it means taking your case to trial.
Throughout the process of your claim, our team will keep you involved and informed. While these claims can sometimes take a long time, you can be confident that our firm will consider your needs and fight for them all the way through the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
Potential Compensation After a Garbage Truck Accident in Bardstown
Garbage truck accidents generally cause more damage than a typical car accident. For this reason, victims can claim more compensation. Any recoverable damages depend on the effect the accident and resulting injuries have had on your life.
In many of these cases, victims can claim:
- Medical expenses, such as medication, tests, emergency care, hospitalization, and medical devices
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and lost capacity for earning
- Personal property damage (vehicle repair or replacement cost)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one
Bardstown Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations for Garbage Truck Accidents in Bardstown
The amount of time that a victim has to file a lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. It is important to be aware of the statute of limitations because if you do not file within the established time period, you may have no legal recourse to recover your financial losses.
Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230 gives you two years. Importantly, the date referenced in the statute is the day of your accident. You have exactly two years to file a lawsuit and recover your losses.
Our Contingency Fee Basis for Garbage Truck Accidents
Our firm is willing to represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not owe any fee to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers unless and until you win a settlement or judgment in your favor, at which point you simply pay an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation.
Until you have received the compensation you are due, you won’t owe us any legal fees. If your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t owe us anything.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can Cause Garbage Truck Accidents?
According to the Kentucky State Police, large trucks of any kind are involved in only 4% of vehicles in all collisions, a total of 10,650 trucks in 2020. Despite the relative rarity, the results of truck accidents are generally far worse than most other traffic accidents. Garbage truck accidents can be caused by a variety of different causes. The cause of your accident can help determine who is liable for your injuries. The liable party may be:
- The garbage truck driver
- The garbage truck company
- Maintenance company
- A third driver
- Local government
Just like any traffic accident, garbage truck accidents can happen for many different reasons or even multiple reasons. Some common causes of garbage truck accidents include:
- Following too closely
- Failure to signal
- Failure to check blind spots
- Impaired driving
- Mechanical failure (this can include defective brakes, defective headlights, steering failure, tire failure, tow hitch failure, overload, or improperly secured load, and more)
- Improperly maintained roadway
If your accident occurred because of any of the above reasons, a garbage truck lawyer can help you determine which party is liable for your losses.
Contact a Garbage Truck Accident Attorney in Bardstown for a Consultation
A Bardstown garbage truck accident attorney can help you all the way through your legal claim. Get your complimentary case review by calling or completing our online form. If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of a garbage truck accident, the liable party should be held financially responsible.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to start the claim filing process.