As all drivers know, dump trucks and garbage trucks can interfere with local traffic. These trucks are large, they make frequent stops, and visibility is limited for the driver. Of course, dump trucks must drive along small roads for trash collection, but it can be a hazard to other drivers.
If you or a loved one got injured in an accident with a dump truck, our dump truck accident lawyer serving Bardstown can help you recover your losses. Dump truck accidents often lead to significant injuries and have a long-term financial impact. Our lawyer can establish liability and handle paperwork within the appropriate deadlines. This can allow you to focus on recovery from your injuries.
How Can a Dump Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
After a significant accident, you are likely struggling with your day-to-day. If this is true, then taking on something new (like a personal injury case) can feel intimidating. At our firm, we want to keep as much of the legal burden off of your shoulders as possible. Our team will:
- Listen to your story to fully understand your perspective
- Investigate the accident scene, including the condition of the dump truck involved in the accident
- Obtain the driver’s record, police reports, traffic camera footage, and other important evidence
- Analyze the accident and determine which party or parties are liable for your injuries
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance companies and any other relevant parties on your behalf
- Provide advice and answers to questions about your claim
- Complete legal paperwork and claims within the deadlines
While any accident with a dump truck is significant, we understand that each accident is also unique. We will consider the circumstances surrounding the crash and your injuries when filing your claim. By considering all of these factors, we can fight for a more favorable financial award for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a dump truck accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
What Damages Can I Potentially Recover?
If you or a loved one was injured by a dump truck, you are likely eligible to recover two kinds of damages.
Economic damages refer to direct financial losses. This can include any expense that is a result of the accident and injuries. Economic damages are generally proven with receipts and other documentation.
Some economic damages that an accident victim can typically claim include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Personal property damages, such as for your vehicle
Non-economic damages are awarded for emotional and physical pain and loss. These can be more complicated to calculate than economic damages, but our team can walk you through the process. To prove the extent of your economic damages, it’s important to maintain records of any costs you faced as a result of the accident.
Non-economic damages that a victim can claim include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
It’s important to know that every case is different. There may be other damages you can claim. Our dump truck accident lawyer serving Bardstown can provide legal guidance.
Bardstown Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
When Do I Need to File My Claim?
Dump truck accident victims need to abide by Kentucky’s statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file a claim. For cases like these, the statute of limitations is two years, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
Time limits can differ depending on the circumstances of your case. Your lawyer can advise you on any exceptions that may apply. However, acting quickly may benefit you, as your lawyers will have more time to overcome challenges and build your case. In addition, filing past the deadline can get your case thrown out. It would be a shame for a passed deadline to prevent you from collecting your compensation.
How Much Does it Cost to Work with a Lawyer?
You have already faced many unexpected expenses and traumatic injuries. If you are considering a claim, you are probably also concerned about expensive legal fees.
Our firm understands that you have been through a lot, so we take on dump truck accident cases for no upfront fee. Instead, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means:
- You pay nothing upfront.
- You pay nothing until you receive a settlement or a judgment in your favor.
- If we do not win your case, you won’t owe us anything.
- No surprise fees!
- You can focus on your health and recovery while we take on your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Causes Dump Truck Accidents?
Unfortunately, dump truck accidents are fairly common. In 2021, The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) cited recklessness as the main cause. It’s important to give dangerous, slow-moving vehicles a wide berth, but dump truck drivers and their employers can still be responsible for these accidents.
If the other party was responsible, it could be because of:
- Driver error. This can include distracted driving, speeding, and more. In these cases, the driver is likely the party who is liable for your injuries.
- Mechanical failures. Problems with the vehicle may cause dump truck accidents, such as brake failure, tire failure, and more. If your accident occurred because of a mechanical failure, the liable party may be a third party responsible for the vehicle.
Get A Free Consultation
After a collision, you may feel like you can’t take on one more thing. You’re already working through your recovery, struggling financially, and wondering how to move forward. We want to ease worries like these, not make them worse. At our firm, we will fight for your right to physical and financial recovery without adding to your burdens.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. Our firm can help you fight for compensation while you focus on your recovery and well-being. We’re available 24/7, so reach out to our office today to get started.