A car crash can have a massive impact on your life. You can sustain a variety of painful and expensive injuries. Unfortunately, obtaining compensation can be complicated if the other motorist doesn’t have insurance coverage.
Our Bardstown uninsured motorist lawyers can still help you seek compensation if you’re in this predicament. After you’re involved in a vehicle accident, our personal injury lawyers can investigate your claim, offer legal representation, and fight for fair compensation.
Recoverable Damages in a Bardstown Uninsured Motorist Accident
You can recover a variety of economic and non-economic damages after a car accident, including:
- Current and future medical expenses, such as emergency room care, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, and more
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Cost of medical equipment, like a wheelchair
- Cost of in-home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps
- Travel costs to and from doctor’s appointments
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced ability to earn income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
- Reduced quality of life
If you lost a loved one in the accident, you can also recover additional compensation through a wrongful death claim, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the deceased’s earnings
- The deceased’s medical bills
How much compensation you receive will depend on the circumstances of your incident and the severity of your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
How Our Uninsured Motorist Lawyers in Bardstown Can Help with Your Case
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have over 400 years of combined legal experience. We can help your case by:
- Answering your legal questions
- Investigating the accident
- Gathering evidence, such as video surveillance, eyewitness testimonies, and official police reports
- Proving liability
- Hiring accident reconstruction experts to recreate the scene
- Hiring medical experts to testify to your injuries and their impact, if necessary
- Maintaining receipts and invoices related to your damages
- Liaising between you and the insurance agencies and lawyers
- Negotiating fair compensation for your injuries
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
- Adhering to the statute of limitations and other deadlines
Our team has recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our previous clients. We can use our resources to build your case and fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
Bardstown Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Liability in a Bardstown Uninsured Motorist Accident
Kentucky law requires car owners to have minimum liability insurance or risk canceling their vehicle registrations. Other penalties for lack of insurance include fines and possible jail sentences. Fortunately, you can still seek financial recovery for your damages if the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance.
Kentucky is a no-fault state; therefore, a driver’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance covers medical bills, lost income, and other costs directly related to the injury for up to $10,000. If the cumulative expenses exceed this figure, the motorist will have to pay out-of-pocket or find other means to cover the costs, such as:
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
No-fault state laws protect drivers from civil liability, no matter who caused the accident. Nonetheless, Kentucky still allows drivers to level charges against negligent motorists who cause them harm. However, you can only file a personal injury lawsuit if your injuries meet a certain threshold.
Carrying Uninsured Motorist Protection
You can also receive compensation if you carry an uninsured motorist protection policy. This policy can pay for your injuries after your PIP limits are met. It also covers pedestrians and bicyclists who are hit by uninsured and underinsured drivers.
The Statute of Limitations in a Kentucky Car Accident
Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230 generally provides two years from the date of the car accident, the last PIP payment, or a victim’s death to file a lawsuit. However, there are exceptions to this timeline, depending on the details of your case.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can file your claim within the timeframe to avoid the dismissal of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After an Accident with an Uninsured Driver
Car accidents can result in extensive bodily harm or even death. When the unthinkable happens, there are measures you can take to protect your rights and strengthen or case, including the following:
- Report the accident to the police and request medical assistance
- Exchange contact information with the other driver
- Report the accident to your insurance carrier
- Speak to eyewitnesses to get their account of the accident
- Document your injuries and vehicle damage
- Request a copy of the police report
- Keep a record of all expenses and receipts
You can also contact our team of Bardstown attorneys to help you build your case. We can gather evidence, represent your case, and fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovery.
Contact Our Bardstown Uninsured Motorists Attorneys Today
Contact an uninsured motorist attorney in Bardstown if you were in an accident with an uninsured driver. We have an in-house team of litigators, including members who speak Spanish, ready to serve you. Let our team build your case and fight for compensation while you focus on recovery.
We work on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t charge any fees and costs until we win or settle your case. Contact us today for a free case review.