Ridesharing has been a significant income source for many people and makes moving around easier. However, as the industry grows, more Uber vehicles are increasingly involved in collisions, causing victims physical pain and financial losses.
If you suffered harm in a crash, our Bardstown Uber accident lawyer, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, can use the applicable legal framework to protect your rights. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will walk with you throughout the journey to get you justice.
How Our Bardstown Uber Accident Lawyer Can Help
Uber accident cases may be more complicated than typical car crash cases, but our personal injury firm can help you navigate the process. We believe victims deserve the best representation, and we’ll do the following:
Investigate the Accident to Uncover Vital Evidence
After a crash, your memories could fade, and you may not remember everything that happened. Our legal team understands this and will launch an investigation immediately after your initial case review.
The best way to build a solid claim and seek fair compensation is to present enough evidence to prove your case. To understand the events leading to the crash, our lawyers will:
- Procure and evaluate copies of law enforcement accident reports
- Review the emergency personnel’s observation at the crash scene to strengthen your claim
- Talk to your healthcare provider and obtain the medical records associated with your injuries to show the extent of your injuries and recovery prognosis
- Interview home or business owners near the accident scene and obtain surveillance camera footage
- Get eyewitness statements
- Evaluate pictures of the damaged vehicles to understand the crash cause
Communicate with the Insurance Firm
Dealing with insurance companies is probably the last thing you wish for, especially if you are recovering from catastrophic injuries. These agencies can use the words you speak against you, and it is best to get legal counsel before filing a claim.
When pursuing your case, we handle all communications with the insurance agency without derailing your claim progress. This allows us to deal with the case with efficiency and promptness.
Negotiate for a Full Settlement
Compensation in an Uber accident case can be tricky and requires understanding all legal issues to get a fair settlement. If the Uber driver caused the accident while the app was off, coverage relies on their personal auto insurance.
If a crash occurs when the Uber driver’s app is on but there is no passenger in the vehicle, Uber provides liability coverage amounting to $50,000 per injured individual. For a crash occurring when the driver’s app is on and has a passenger in the vehicle, Uber’s coverage is up to $1 million per injured person.
When working on your claim, we review all these instances to comprehend the circumstances surrounding the incident and demand the compensation you deserve.
Represent You in a Court Trial
While we aim to get you compensated during negotiation with the insurance company, we can fight for your justice in court if we believe this is the best way to get a better settlement.
We prepare the required paperwork to file a lawsuit within the set deadline. During the hearing, we fight for your best interests and will provide the evidence collected to prove your case.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages After a Nelson County Uber Accident
Uber accident victims in Bardstown may be eligible to recover multiple compensatory damages, depending on the case’s unique situation. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we review your case and may demand a settlement for the following:
Economic damages depend on the financial losses suffered after the accident and may include the following:
- Medical Treatment Costs: Refers to the past, current, and anticipated treatments and medical care expenses related to your injuries. The compensable amount depends on pharmacy receipts, physician’s bills, and other healthcare costs.
- Wage Loss: Reimbursement for the income lost and the money you would have earned in the future had you not suffered injuries from the accident.
An Uber accident victim may qualify for non-economic compensatory damages, such as:
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the adverse physical suffering and discomfort you endured immediately after the accident and during recovery.
- Emotional Anguish: The psychological distress a plaintiff suffers after the accident, such as sleep loss, fear, and anxiety.
- Loss of Enjoyment: This is applicable if the injuries suffered are catastrophic, impacting your daily hobbies and activities.
- Physical Disfigurement and Impairment: Catastrophic injuries following an Uber accident may lead to permanent disfigurement or impairment. These may include brain damage, paralysis, or visible scars.
Bardstown Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
If you’re an Uber accident victim in Bardstown, you can pursue your lawsuit under our contingency fee agreement. This arrangement means you pay our attorneys after getting a judgment or settlement recovery.
The percentage agreed upon comes from the recovered compensation amount. We offer a free consultation and no hidden charges throughout our legal representation.
Statute of Limitations
According to the Kentucky Revised Statute § 304.39-230, Uber accident victims have a two-year deadline from the injury date to file a lawsuit. Failure to respect this timeframe could get your case barred.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After an Uber Accident in Bardstown
An auto accident can be frustrating, but victims should take specific steps to begin preparing for their case, including the following:
Move to Safety
If the vehicle is drivable, move it to a safe location away from the oncoming traffic to prevent more accidents.
Call the Authorities
Following an Uber accident, dial 911 immediately and ask for emergency service if any involved party has suffered severe injuries.
The police will also come to the crash scene and review it to create an accident report. This is helpful when preparing a claim.
Request accurate information from the involved drivers, such as license numbers, names, addresses, insurance information, and contacts. If there are witnesses around, speak to them and get their statements.
Other evidence you should gather includes scene photographs. Take pictures of the vehicles involved and visible injuries, as this can help prove your case.
Talk to Our Legal Team
Contact our law firm immediately for a free case review and legal option recommendations.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation and Legal Aid Today
Filing a lawsuit after an Uber crash can help you recover damages and losses. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we guide you through the complicated legal process while standing up for your best interests. Contact our team for a free consultation.