Slip and fall accidents are common in commercial and residential properties, workplaces, and even the streets. Regardless of the location or cause, victims may have a right to claim compensation from the liable parties.
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can review your case for free, offer legal advice, and inform you about how one of our Bardstown slip and fall lawyers can help you claim compensation.
How Our Bardstown Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), slip and fall accidents account for over one million hospital emergency room visits yearly. These accidents are also a leading cause of fatalities.
If you have been in a slip and fall accident, you have a right to file a case for compensation.
To help your case, our personal injury lawyer can:
Conduct an Investigation
The first step in every slip and fall case is investigation. Our lawyer can investigate the accident to learn more details about the accident, the cause of the accident, and who is to blame.
Our team can gather evidence, including police reports, medical records, bills, video footage, witness statements, photos of the hazard, and more. In some cases, we involve experts to help determine negligence.
Fight for Your Right to Fair Compensation
Our team can negotiate the best offer possible with the insurance adjusters and continue to fight for your rights at trial if needed. We’re aware of all the tactics that insurers use to devalue claims and the common pitfalls victims make when filing a lawsuit. Trust us to protect your rights from start to finish of the legal process.
File a Lawsuit Within the Statute of Limitations
If you wish to file a lawsuit, you must take action before the statute of limitations expires. Otherwise, you may no longer be eligible to hold the liable party accountable for your damages.
Under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1), the state generally gives one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your loved one passed away from the complications related to their fall, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 dictates that you typically have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Working for You on a Contingency Fee-Basis
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and the rest of Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handle slip and fall cases on a contingency fee basis instead of charging upfront costs or fees. Our payments will be a percentage of your compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Bardstown Slip and Fall Accident Case
To recover financial compensation, you can claim several economic and non-economic damages after sustaining an injury in a slip and fall accident. The damages you can claim will depend on the severity of your injury and other factors. These damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Lost income and loss of future potential
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy
- Medical devices such as a wheelchair or walker
- Transportation costs
- Loss of quality of life
If you lost your loved one to their related injuries, you may have grounds to collect wrongful death compensation. It could account for final medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of inheritance, loss of financial support, and/or loss of consortium.
Bardstown Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Determining Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident Case in Bardstown, KY
Our lawyers must demonstrate liability on the part of the property owner or responsible party. Here are some elements that our lawyer will have to prove:
- Duty of care: Property owners owe a duty of care to anyone visiting their premises. They should ensure their property is safe or provide adequate warning for risks.
- Breach of duty of care: The second element to prove is that the responsible party was aware of the risk (e.g., broken floorboards or stairs, cluttered hallways, uneven or wet floors), but they failed to mitigate it or warn patrons about it.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused the slip and fall accident.
- Damages: You suffered financially and non-financially because of the accident.
The liable party in a slip and fall accident can be a commercial property or business owner, a homeowner, or a government entity for accidents that occur on the streets or in any other state-owned facility.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Bardstown
If you slipped and fell, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights, including the following:
- Report the accident: You must immediately report the accident to the property owner or manager. This document may play a vital role in establishing the validity of your case.
- Take pictures: Take clear photos of the hazard, the scene, and visible injuries. Our lawyer can use these pictures to build a strong case.
- Collect witness information: If there is anyone who saw you fall, ensure you get their name and contact information. We can reach out to them and get their testimonies, which can also help your case.
- Go to the hospital: Get proper medical attention immediately to ensure you have a diagnosis of your injuries and start treatment. Documentation of this visit establishes a connection between your slip and fall and injury, showing the other party’s negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us Today to Learn More About Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Serving Bardstown
If you’re a victim of a slip and fall accident in Bardstown, consult our team and learn how you can claim damages. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can review your case and help you build a strong case. Our attorneys have even collected more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
Contact our team and get a free case review to learn more about our legal services.