Due to their weight and size, buses can cause catastrophic injuries or fatalities in an accident. If you or a loved one is a victim of a bus accident, you may have a right to claim compensation for your injuries and damages.
A Bardstown bus accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can navigate this process while you’re in recovery. You can find out more about our services when you call us for a free case review.
How Our Bardstown Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help
Victims of bus accidents or their family members can be entitled to recover compensation. However, claiming compensation from the liable party can be challenging because the laws surrounding these claims are complicated, and several parties may be involved.
Our personal injury lawyers can help your case in several ways by handling the following tasks:
Investigate the Bus Accident
Our lawyer can investigate the cause of the accident and identify the liable party. They can visit the crash scene and work with accident reconstruction experts to establish the exact cause of the accident and determine liability.
We can also gather evidence to support your case, such as:
- Medical records
- The police report
- Employee records
- Witness statements
- Expert testimonies
- Photos and video footage
- Victim statements
Assess Your Damages to Negotiate a Settlement
We consider various factors to determine what economic and non-economic damages to pursue. We’ll then negotiate a full settlement with the insurance company. Although uncommon, if we cannot reach an agreement, we prepare for trial.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Bardstown, call 800-333-9999
Pay Us After Winning Your Bardstown Bus Accident Case
As a bus accident victim, we understand you have a lot to handle. Keeping up with hospital bills while missing work is difficult, especially when you’re still nursing injuries.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his personal injury team represent clients like you on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t require upfront costs or fees. You’ll only pay for our legal services if and when we win your case. We’ll take a percentage of the monetary award we recover for you.
Bardstown Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages After a Bardstown Bus Accident
If you were involved in the accident, chances are you’re dealing with some financial consequences. To recover compensation for your loss, you can claim damages from the liable party.
These damages could include the following:
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning power
- Medical expenses for past and future care
- Accident-related out-of-pocket expenditures, such as transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of modifying your vehicle or home to accommodate the disability
- Disfigurement and scarring
If the accident was fatal, the immediate family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit and seek additional damages like funeral expenses, lost income, and loss of consortium.
What to Do After a Bus Accident in Bardstown
Even though the crash is over, there are certain steps you can take to help your case, so here are some things we suggest you do after the crash.
- Call 911: You must report the accident to the police before leaving the scene. The police may collect evidence that can support your case. They record the evidence and other findings in a report, which your lawyer may use to support your case.
- Collect information: Since you may be claiming damages from the driver or the bus company, you need to collect some information from them. This includes their name and contact information, their insurance information, and the name of the bus company.
- Collect witness information: Our legal team can interview witnesses and use their testimonies to support your case. If possible, collect the names and contact details of witnesses at the scene.
- Take pictures: Document the scene, your injuries, property damage, etc.
- Seek medical attention: Go to the hospital immediately after the crash. Regardless of the severity of your injuries, you must seek proper medical attention. Keep a record of your expenses and a journal of your recovery process to show the accident caused your injuries.
- Get legal help: Once you reach out to our law firm, we can help you take legal action and fight to recover total compensation for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Fault in Bus Accident Cases
When bus accidents occur, different parties can be responsible. To determine fault, our lawyer can establish which party or parties owed you a duty of care, if there was a breach of the duty of care, and if the breach caused the accident and your injuries.
The following parties could have contributed to the accident.
- The bus driver: The bus driver might have been under the influence, fatigued, failed to yield, or disregarded traffic law.
- The bus company: A bus company must keep its passengers, the driver, and other road users safe. This includes ensuring the bus is well-serviced and maintained, they hire qualified drivers, etc.
- The bus manufacturer: Bus manufacturers or bus parts manufacturers can be liable for accidents due to equipment failure, such as brake failure.
- A government entity: Since municipality or state government entities are responsible for ensuring that all roads are in good condition and traffic signals work as they should, they can be liable for accidents due to poor road maintenance or traffic signal failure.
Have Our Bus Accident Lawyers Serving Bardstown Take Your Case
If you or a loved one suffered an injury after a bus accident in Bardstown, you might have a right to claim compensation for your losses and damages. Our Bardstown bus accident attorneys can assist you with all associated tasks.
Our team has obtained more than $1 billion in compensation for previous clients, and now we’re ready to help you recover the awards you need. Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. Don’t wait, as Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230andKy. Rev. Stat. §413.180restricts how much time you have to file a lawsuit.