Picking up the pieces of your life after a traumatic brain injury is hard enough. Managing the claims process on your own could prove equally difficult. You have options after suffering harm in Ohio in that you can partner with an Avon traumatic brain injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
In the decades we’ve served injured people, we’ve recovered more than $2 billion in damages. We’ve also gone head to head with large insurance companies, corporations, and other parties, and we’re not afraid of a good legal fight. You can begin a free case review where you can learn about partnering with our firm.
Compensation You Can Receive in a Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Suffering a traumatic brain injury affects each corner of your life, from how you interact with others to how you earn a living. Your settlement or court award should account for these difficulties. Generally, your losses fall into one of two categories:
Compensation for economic damages covers your financial losses. Examples include:
- Medical bills. These include the cost of doctors’ visits, medication, and surgery. It also covers hospital stays and physical rehabilitation.
- Lost income. You may miss work after suffering a brain injury. You can seek lost benefits, bonuses, promotions, wages, and more. You can also seek damages for any reduction in your earning ability.
- Property damage expenses. If your property got damaged during the accident, you can recover compensation for that expense. For instance, if you were in a car accident, we can seek damages for the cost of repairing your vehicle. We can also include the cost of temporary transportation arrangements in your case.
Your brain injury lawyer in Avon can calculate the value of your economic damages by adding up your invoices and receipts. You can help us determine your losses by tracking them.
Non-economic damages include losses that don’t have an inherent monetary value. Examples include:
- Mental anguish. A traumatic brain injury can cause anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of enjoyment of life. A brain injury can completely alter your mental and physical abilities. You may have problems partaking in activities you once enjoyed or face cognitive impairments that prevent you from processing information.
- Pain and suffering. This accounts for the physical and mental anguish of a traumatic brain injury. Ohio does not cap how much you can seek for pain and suffering through legal action and this could make up a considerable part of your case’s value.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of compensable damages, as everyone’s case is different. We want to recoup damages that account for your past, present, and future losses.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Avon, call 800-333-9999
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Has Recovered More than $2 Billion
There’s a reason why Ohioans come to us with their injury cases. It’s because they know that we’ll do everything possible to achieve a fair outcome. Here are three seven-figure outcomes we’ve secured for traumatic brain injury claimants:
- Our client came to us after their child suffered a brain injury in a school bus collision. The outcome? $6.4 million.
- Our client suffered more than a traumatic brain injury following a bus accident; they also suffered a broken pelvis. The verdict? $2.3 million.
- A bus accident left our client’s loved one in a coma. The outcome? $2.2 million.
Do these outcomes reflect your case’s conclusion? Maybe. Compensation in your case depends on many unique factors, such as the injury you suffered and the cost of your damages.
Avon Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations Manages How Long You Have to Seek Recovery
Every state has its unique deadline for filing personal injury cases. For Ohio, that deadline is two years from the time the injury happened, per Ohio Revised Code §2305.10. A repercussion of missing the deadline is the dismissal of your case.
If the court dismisses your case, this risks your chance to recover damages. An Avon traumatic brain injury attorney can ensure you meet every deadline–if you contact us before the two-year period expires.
We Will Assert Your Right to Damages Using Evidence
We wish requesting compensation was as easy as sending your demand letter and processing your check. After all, you already suffered a serious injury. Why should you have to suffer through the claims process, too?
Our team will take your case’s obligations off your shoulders. We intend to resolve your case by proving negligence with supporting evidence. Proving negligence means validating these four statements:
- Another party should have acted with reasonable care. For instance, all motorists must operate their vehicles safely.
- The other party acted carelessly or recklessly.
- You suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- You have various damages stemming from your condition.
The following information could validate these factors:
- The accident report
- Your medical treatment records
- Information from your healthcare team
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Testimony from witnesses
- Your injury-related billing statements and receipts
Proving negligence is the backbone of your case. Using our investigative resources and years of experience, we’ll build the strongest possible case. You can trust that we’ll fight for everything you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Advocate for People Suffering From These Conditions in Avon, OH
If you suffered a brain injury, we’re ready to advocate for you. Previously, we’ve sought damages for people suffering from:
- Skull fractures
- Penetrating skull injuries (such as gunshot wounds)
- Brain bleeds
We also advocate for those who have lost loved ones to similar conditions.
Entrust Your Injury Case to Our Firm Today
Our traumatic brain injury attorneys in Avon advocate for people in your situation. If another party caused your condition, we will negotiate a settlement, file your lawsuit, and champion your rights. Attorney Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs and his team are eager to begin your free case review. Call us today at your earliest convenience.