Dump truck operators have a duty of care to keep road users safe. This means keeping their hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, and mind on the street ahead. However, not all truckers maintain this obligation to others.
If you were hurt in an accident with a dump truck, it’s important to understand your legal rights. For instance, you can seek damages through a claim or lawsuit. An Ashland dump truck accident lawyer from our firm can advocate for what you need. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to support you now.
How Much does It Cost to Hire Our Firm? Nothing
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle personal injury and wrongful death claims on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t have to pay upfront fees and costs to get legal help. We draw our attorney’s fees from the settlement or court award we recover for you. This makes it so you can afford legal help without worrying about retainers or hourly rates, allowing you to focus on your well-being.
For a free legal consultation with a dump truck accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
How a Dump Truck Accident Lawyer in Ashland Can Serve You
Our team shares your goals. We want to recover damages for your losses, too. We can do this by:
- Investigating your collision to determine liability
- Filing your claim with the insurance company
- Communicating with the other parties
- Computing a settlement value for your claim
- Handling negotiations with the insurance company and at-fault party’s legal team
- Representing you in court if negotiations don’t pan out
We offer customized strategies to those hurt by negligence. As such, we can assist you in other ways not listed here.
Our Injury Team Will File Your Case Within the Allotted Deadline
We encourage you to consider prompt legal action after your dump truck accident in Ashland. That’s because Kentucky imposes filing deadlines on civil cases. One or more of the following deadlines may apply:
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 notes that you generally have two years to file your truck accident lawsuit. A few exceptions could make this deadline longer. For instance, the state could pause the deadline if you were involved in a hit-and-run collision.
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 notes that you typically have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Kentucky’s courts refuse to hear cases filed outside their appropriate deadlines. You don’t even have to think about that, though. Our team will manage your case’s deadlines and everything they entail.
Ashland Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Compensatory Damages You Can Get After an Ashland Dump Truck Accident
Compensation through a claim or lawsuit should account for your injury-related losses. Recoverable damages include:
After an accident, we recommend visiting a healthcare provider. Don’t worry about paying medical bills right now. The other party should pay for your necessary expenses, including hospitalization, surgeries, and medications.
You may require therapy to help you reach maximum medical improvement. These programs may include physical therapy, occupational therapy, and hydrotherapy.
Lost Wages, Tips, and Other Job-Related Benefits
You shouldn’t force yourself to attend work after your dump truck accident in Ashland. Instead, let your lawyer seek damages for your lost tips, bonuses, and employee benefits. We can also seek recovery for loss of future earning capacity, if your condition will permanently affect your earning power.
Pain and Suffering
This is a monetary award for the physical pain and emotional suffering your collision caused. Kentucky is one of many states that does not limit how much you can seek for pain and suffering.
Various Out-of-Pocket Losses
The aftermath of your dump truck accident is more than doctor’s appointments and physical therapy. It may also require you to hire extra help in your day-to-day life. For instance, you may hire a nanny to take care of your children during your recovery period. You can also seek the cost of rideshare services, if you cannot drive your car. You can include those costs in your claim or lawsuit.
Wrongful Death-Related Expenses
As you already know, dump trucks are massive vehicles. Collisions with these trucks can cause fatal injuries. If you lost a loved one, we’re committed to providing the legal help your family wants. Financial recovery can’t make up for your loss. However, it can account for the cost of funeral, burial, and other related fees.
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Truck Accident in Boyd County
After reviewing your case’s evidence, we can determine what caused your collision. One or more of the following factors may have contributed:
- Faulty brakes or mechanical failure: Faulty vehicle components can cause accidents by affecting drivers’ ability to drive safely. Liability in this case could rest with a mechanic or parts manufacturer.
- Driver distraction: Dump truck drivers can be easily distracted when unloading materials, talking to passengers, or navigating construction zones. Distracted driving could make the trucker or their employer liable for damages.
- Overloaded trucks: Overloading a dump truck can cause it to slide out of control, especially on icy roads. This can cause rollover accidents and other fatal collisions. In these situations, liability could rest with the company that loaded the truck.
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often work long hours during their shifts. This can lead to fatigue, one of the leading causes of dump truck crashes. If a trucking company imposes unreasonable schedules on drivers, it can bear liability.
- Failure to maintain: Dump trucks require regular tune-ups so that everything runs smoothly. Improper inspection and truck maintenance could make the trucking company or the owner liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Lawyers Handle Your Dump Truck Accident Claim in Kentucky
Dump truck accidents can result in life-altering injuries and expensive losses. If you want to recover compensation for your damages, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can advocate for you. Our founding attorney, Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs, and his team have recovered more than $1 billion. We’re ready to seek justice and damages. Begin your free case review today.