We represent truck accident claimants at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers––and we do everything possible to secure financial justice. These collisions can result in expensive damages and life-altering injuries. Our clients get the chance to focus on their conditions because we’re managing their legal cases.
Our Ashland big rig truck accident lawyers could pursue your losses if you find yourself navigating the post-collision landscape. Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs has a dedicated team that has recovered more than $1 billion. We’re eager to start advocating for you today.
What You Can Expect from Our Big Rig Accident Attorneys
We prioritize your personal injury case while you prioritize your health. During our partnership, we will support you by:
- Determining who was at fault for the accident
- Explaining your rights under state law
- Investigating your collision and interviewing witnesses
- Communicating with the involved parties
- Identifying and calculating your losses
- Filing your claim/lawsuit
We will also file your case within Kentucky’s personal injury statute of limitations. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 notes that you generally have two years to file your case. We will manage the statute of limitations and file your case within the allotted period.
We Will Seek Recovery for Your Past, Present, and Future Losses
A settlement or court award could account for:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation services
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages, bonuses, and commissions
- Pain and suffering
- Childcare services
- Property damage costs
- Loss of future earning capacity
Our firm has more than 400 years of legal experience when it comes to recovering damages. Here’s an example of a case we once handled: our client came to us after losing a loved one in a fatal truck accident. We recovered $10 million through a wrongful death case.
That’s just one of the many successful outcomes we’ve achieved for big rig accident claimants. We will do everything in our power to secure the best possible outcome for your case––even if that means presenting your lawsuit before a judge.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig truck accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
Our Lawyers Will Prove Causation, Negligence, and Liability
To recover damages in Kentucky, we must prove certain aspects of your case. Some of these aspects include:
The Cause of Your Truck Accident
When you’re involved in a big rig truck accident, you might wonder who’s at fault. We can determine fault by learning what caused your accident. Our investigation may find one or more of the following elements played a role:
- Poor roadway conditions
- Defective tires or brakes
- A lack of visibility due to weather conditions (e.g., rain, snow, and fog)
- Defective or non-functioning headlights
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving behavior, such as passing other vehicles in unsafe places
Who Caused Your Accident
Learning what caused your accident gives us insight into who caused your accident. One or more of the following parties could have caused (or contributed to) your collision:
- The truck driver: A big rig truck driver can be liable if their actions caused your accident. We can file a claim with their insurer or sue them directly for damages. It depends on whether they worked for a trucking company or were self-employed.
- Another driver: In a crash with multiple vehicles, the other drivers involved may also be liable. Imagine this scenario: another motorist cut you off, forcing you to swerve into the big rig’s lane. Because the other motorist acted negligently, you could pursue damages from their insurer.
- The trucker’s employer. Truckers’ employers are responsible for their employees’ actions in many cases. This is because of vicarious liability. Trucking companies are required to carry higher coverage limits than individuals. This could offer an avenue for seeking damages.
- The truck’s manufacturer. The makers of defective tractor cabs, trailers, or vehicle safety equipment could be liable under product liability laws.
We may pursue damages from one or more parties, depending on your situation.
How the Other Party Acted Negligently
Finally, once we learn who caused your accident, we must prove how they acted negligently. This requires us to satisfy four elements:
- Duty of care: First, we must prove the truck driver had a duty of care toward you. This means that they owed you and other road users a duty of reasonable care while driving.
- Breach of duty: We must show that the driver breached their duty of care by not driving safely. For instance, driving while fatigued breaches a trucker’s duty of care because it increases the risk of auto accidents.
- Causation: The third element requires demonstrating that the other party’s actions caused harm to you or someone else.
- Damages: Here, you’ll produce evidence showing the injuries and other damages resulting from the accident. Medical bills and lost income are both proof of your truck accident-related losses.
Showing negligence goes beyond asserting these four elements. It requires us to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and examine your case from many angles. You don’t want to struggle with this on your own. After your big rig accident in Ashland, our lawyers can offer the legal help you want.
Ashland Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Do People Have to Say About Our Team?
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is an established law firm that services Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. We’re committed to giving you, your family, and your case the attention they need.
You don’t have to take our word for it, though. Previous clients say:
- “I was in a bad accident a couple of years ago where I was t-boned out of nowhere. John Jones was my attorney and he explained everything to me all along the way. He was responsive to all my calls and really helped keep me calm during the process so that I could focus on getting better. I would not hesitate to call them again.” – K.E.
- “I am so glad I chose this law firm to fight for me! John Hester was my attorney, he kept me up to date on what was going on as the case progressed, if you have been in a car wreck or some sort of personal injury please go to him! I had to have surgery as part of my case and they sent me the best care package! I would highly recommend!!! Thank you for all you have done!” – J.R.
Let Our Lawyers Handle Your Accident Claim in Ashland, Ky
Considering legal counsel should be at the top of your post-accident to-do list. Trucking companies fight against any claim that seeks compensation. We will protect you from aggressive parties and the people they represent.
To explore seeking damages for your big rig accident, call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to get started.