Ashland is the biggest city in Boyd County, an important medical and economic hub in northeastern Kentucky. That’s why semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are a common sight on the city’s roads. Still, as a road user, you have the right to remain safe while driving.
If you were hurt in an accident with a large truck, you can seek compensation for your losses. Our lead attorney, Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs, has a team of lawyers who have recovered more than $1 billion in damages. An Ashland 18-wheeler accident lawyer from our firm can lead the charge in seeking the recovery you need. You can learn more today during a free case review.
The Many Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer in Ashland
Truck accidents can turn into complex legal matters. That’s because they often involve multiple liable parties. Add uncooperative insurance companies into the mix, and you’ve got a drawn-out legal battle on your hands.
When you work with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you get a team of advocates who will:
- Conduct a thorough, independent investigation into your accident and uncover all the details
- Assess the extent of your injuries
- Enlist accident reconstruction experts to help determine your accident’s cause
- Offer legal advice and answer your case-related questions
- Protect you from unjust insurance strategies and legal tactics
- Handle all legal paperwork and communications on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company and the defendant’s legal team
- Take your case to trial
We Will Abide by All Case-Related Deadlines
Thousands of people file civil lawsuits each year in Kentucky. So, to prevent these cases from clogging the legal system, the state imposes a statute of limitations. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 notes that you generally have two years to file an injury lawsuit. This deadline starts “counting down” from the date of your collision.
It’s vital that we act within this timeline. Otherwise, the court system will refuse to hear your case. This could leave us with few options for recovering damages. Our team will manage your case’s deadlines and advise you on your legal options.
We Operate on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Medical bills, missed time from work, and other burdens can strain your financial stability. That’s why we offer help on contingency. Our attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s success. You pay nothing for us to get started on your case. We do everything in our power to make the claims process straightforward and accessible.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
We Will Determine Fault and Liability for Your Truck Accident in Ashland
Recovering damages requires us to prove how your accident happened and who should pay for your losses. Using accident reconstruction data, witnesses’ statements, and dashcam footage, we will uncover what caused your accident. Factors in your collision may have included:
- Driver fatigue
- Driving while intoxicated
- Mechanical failures
- Improper vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Distracted driving
- Inadequate training and driver inexperience
- Failure to obey traffic rules and signs
- Road rage
- Bad weather and poor road conditions
- Unsecured or loose cargo
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Making unsafe turns
These Parties Could Owe You Damages
As noted, truck accident cases can involve more than one liable party. Liability could rest with:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the 18-wheeler truck
- The company responsible for loading the truck
- Another motorist
- The company responsible for maintaining, repairing, and inspecting the truck
- The truck’s manufacturer
You don’t have to worry about juggling communications with these parties. You don’t have to worry about negotiating with them, either. The team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will manage these matters for you.
Ashland 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages Following Your 18-Wheeler Collision in Ashland
You can recover every expense related to your accident and injuries. Compensable losses comprise:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage costs
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy expenses
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Lost wages and benefits
- Lost earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
You can also recover various out-of-pocket losses related to your collision. For instance, if you had to hire someone to supervise your children, you can seek reimbursement for that cost, as well.
We Advocate for Wrongful Death Claimants in Ashland, KY
Our hearts go out to your family if you lost a loved one. We want to show our support by offering legal aid. We can seek compensation for these losses:
- Medical expenses accrued before your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
Wrongful death cases have different filing deadlines than personal injury cases. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 notes that you typically have one year to file your lawsuit. However, some cases come with two-year filing periods. You can learn more about your case’s filing deadline during your free case review with our team.
We Advocate for People Who Have Suffered These Injuries in Boyd County
Medical attention plays two important roles in your case. First, seeing a doctor can help you reach maximum medical improvement. Second, medical attention supplies documentation needed to support your case.
In our years of advocating for injured people, we’ve served those suffering from:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Lost limbs
- Burns and scarring
- Scrapes and lacerations
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Lawyers Today for Legal Help
You have enough to deal with following your accident. You deserve to have a team advocating for your best interests. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers wants to serve you today. We’ll do everything in our power to seek recovery for your injury-related losses.
To explore partnering with an Ashland injury lawyer, call us today.