A truck accident in Ashland may cause medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages. An Ashland truck accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers may secure a settlement for your losses.
Our firm is familiar with Ashland and Boyd County. We know how to complete truck accident cases like yours. Let us help you.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident in Ashland?
This depends on the specifics of your accident. Two parties who could be liable are:
- A truck driver who caused your accident
- The trucking company that employs the at-fault driver
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCA) notes that drivers are responsible for most truck accidents. Non-drivers may also be liable. The city of Ashland may be liable for dangerous road conditions. A truck or trailer manufacturer may be responsible for defects. A mechanic may be liable for contributing to an accident. Liability varies on a case-by-case basis.
What Is the Liability Standard in Truck Accident Cases?
Negligence is generally the liability standard in truck accident cases. Negligent parties act unreasonably, causing harm in the process. Negligence by a truck driver may include:
- Driving while intoxicated or on drugs
- Driving while overly tired
- Driving while distracted
- Failing to secure cargo properly
- Running a red light
- Running a stop sign
- Failing to yield
- Making a dangerous lane change
Truck drivers may make the same dangerous maneuvers as other drivers. The difference is that their vehicle weighs up to 30 times more than smaller vehicles, per the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Trucking companies can also contribute to accidents. They may be negligent if they:
- Hire unqualified drivers: Drivers may lack the skill or knowledge to be safe truck drivers. Drivers who use drugs or alcohol while on the job are also unqualified, as are those with a dangerous driving history.
- Failing to monitor and discipline drivers: Trucking companies are responsible for their employees. They must monitor how drivers drive and whether they’re impaired. The trucking company must discipline drivers who endanger others. If they do not, dangerous drivers may continue to pose a risk of accidents.
- Fail to service their fleet of trucks: Trucking companies that fail to service their vehicles may be negligent. These companies must conduct regular maintenance and replace outdated trucks.
A truck accident lawyer can identify all forms of negligence in your case. Negligent parties may owe you compensation for your losses.
How Much Is a Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on your losses. Losses can vary based on the type of injuries you suffer and the severity of those injuries. Victims respond differently to injuries. Other factors affecting your case value include:
- Whether you must miss work while injured (and how much income you lose as a consequence)
- How you respond psychologically and emotionally to your accident
- Whether you’ve lost a loved one in a truck accident
- What kinds of medical care you need for your injuries
A truck accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will handle every step of your case. We’re experienced in handling cases in Ashland. We’ll deal with insurance companies, trucking companies, and attorneys—so you don’t have to.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
Our Lawyers Will Fight for All Your Recoverable Losses
Identifying your losses will be one of our first priorities. We’ll listen to your account of damages. Your doctors will explain your injuries to our team. We’ll complete an investigation of all your damages.
Your recoverable losses may include:
- Vehicle repairs: The force of a truck can total a vehicle. At the least, your vehicle may need extensive repairs. Your settlement or judgment may cover the repair or replacement of your vehicle.
- Medical expenses: We may recover coverage of emergency care, surgery, hospitalization, and all other medical costs.
- Professional damages: Your accident may cause lost wages, a decline in your earning power, lost bonuses, and lost productivity. You may be reimbursed for all such losses.
- Pain and suffering: Traumatic memories, anxiety, depression, injury-related pain, and other pain and suffering may be recoverable.
Truck accidents pose a high risk of death. You may bring a wrongful death claim for a loved one’s passing. Your settlement may cover funeral expenses, medical costs, and other economic damages. It may also cover non-economic damages like grief, loss of a spouse, and loss of a parent.
We Will Manage Every Step of Your Case
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are a full-service firm. We’ll do everything that your case requires of us, including:
- Investigating your truck accident
- Hiring experts
- Identifying losses
- Determining liability
- Filing paperwork
- Making phone calls and emails
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing any necessary trial
Our services will allow you to focus on recovery. Our attorneys have more than 400 years of combined legal experience. We’ll use our experience and resources to seek justice for you.
We Have Many Case Victories for Truck Accident Victims
With Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you get a firm with a proven track record. Our victories in truck accident cases include:
- A $10 million verdict for a wrongful death case involving a semi-truck
- A $3.65 million settlement for a victim with severe neck and back injuries related to a truck accident
- A $2.7 million settlement for a victim who was thrown from her vehicle during a truck accident
- A $2.525 million settlement for a victim seriously injured in a rear-end truck accident
These are only a few of the many positive outcomes we’ve secured. Truck accident victims who hire us know that they’re retaining a capable law firm.
Ashland Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to Discuss Your Case
Don’t wait to call our team. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230(6)generally allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident. The sooner you call us, the sooner we may file your case. Our team is available 24/7 to answer your call.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-800-8888 for your FREE consultation. A truck accident lawyer from our team will start and finish your case in Ashland. We’re one call away.