Head injuries are often more severe than many other kinds of injuries. Skull fractures, in particular, are always serious. If your skull is fractured, you’re likely facing weeks or months of recovery time. This means time away from your job and unexpected financial losses.
If your skull was fractured because of another person’s negligence, you have options to recoup your financial losses. A fractured skull lawyer serving Ashland from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help. While you take the time to recover, you can leave legal matters to our personal injury lawyers.
How Our Fractured Skull Lawyers Serving Ashland Can Help
If you’ve suffered a devastating injury of this kind, an attorney can help you in a variety of ways. A traumatic brain injury lawyer can do the following:
- Conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf, which includes determining the liable party and contacting relevant witnesses
- Accurately calculating damages for your claim
- Reviewing police reports and communicating with your doctor about your condition
- Provide advice along the way, answering questions and setting your mind at ease about the legal process
- Pursue insurance claims, negotiate a fair settlement
- Represent your claim in court if necessary
- Ensure that you are meeting appropriate deadlines as you file your case
These are just a few of the things our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can provide. Overall, we are here to support your needs and get you the compensation you are due.
For a free legal consultation with a fractured skull lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
How Long Do Fractured Skull Victims Have to File a Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Kentucky is typically one year, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1). In some situations, victims may have two years to file a lawsuit if their fractured skull resulted from a car accident, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
If you do not file within the appropriate statute of limitations, you may have lost your opportunity to recoup your financial losses. The clock begins running on the day of your injury, so it is important to act decisively to protect your rights.
Ashland Fractured Skull Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Will a Fractured Skull Lawyer Serving Ashland Cost Me?
You will not have to pay any upfront fees or costs when you work with our attorneys. Instead, your case can be taken on a contingency fee basis. You won’t owe us any legal fees until we win your case or settlement. If we aren’t successful with your claim, you won’t owe us anything. We won’t add extra expenses to your injury.
We understand how expensive medical care for this kind of injury can be. We’re also confident that our team of experts can get you the compensation you deserve. Reach out today to get your legal questions answered.
Damages Associated with Fractured Skull Injuries
Since these injuries can happen in a wide variety of ways, damages may vary as well. Everything depends on the nature of your injury and the circumstances around it. Because of this, the amount you can claim will be specific to your case.
For some fracture skull injuries, victims have claimed damages for the following:
- Medical bills
- Personal property damage
- Lost wages and benefits
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Skull Fractures
According to John Hopkins Medicine, any kind of traumatic brain injury (TBI) is significant. Skull fractures are especially devastating. A skull fracture is any kind of break in the skull bone. There are four different types of skull fractures, including:
- Linear skull fractures. These fractures occur most often. In linear skull fractures, there is a linear or line-shaped break in the bone, while the skull itself does not move. Generally, this is considered to be the least severe skull fracture, but still serious enough to take special care for the victim.
- Depressed skull fractures. This type of injury occurs when part of the skull has sunken in due to trauma. Depressed skull fractures often require surgery.
- Diastatic skull fractures. This fracture happens along suture lines of the skull and usually happens to young children or newborn babies.
- Basilar skull fracture. These fractures are the most serious. They are associated with a bone break at the base of the skull. Basilar skull fracture victims may have significant symptoms, including bruising around the eyes and ears and fluid draining from the nose or ears.
Any of these fractures can be caused by a TBI.
What Causes Skull Fractures?
Most often, these injuries are caused by a forceful impact on the head. This can happen in various ways. Some causes of skull fractures include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including pedestrian, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents
- Physical assault or abuse
- Sports injuries
- Workplace accidents
If you or a loved one suffered a skull fracture for any of the above reasons, another party may be liable. To recover damages from medical bills and other injury-associated expenses, you will need to determine and prove who was liable. In other words, you must find who was responsible for the conditions and events that led to the injury.
Symptoms of Skull Fractures
The four kinds of skull fractures all have different symptoms. Depending on the specific nature and severity of your injury, you may experience:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Ringing ears
- Bleeding from the head
- Loss of balance
- Slurred speech
- Light sensitivity
- Memory loss
- Clear fluid leaking from nose or ear
- Bruising around the eyes or behind the ears
- Vision issues
Our Fractured Skull Lawyers Serving Ashland Want to Represent Your Case
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you. You shouldn’t have to foot the bill if you suffered a fractured skull because of another party’s negligence. They caused your injury, and they should pay for your expenses. Let our firm help you make that happen.
Contact us today to get a free consultation. Allow our firm to represent you and help you recover financially while you focus on recovering your health. Call, text, or complete our online form to connect with our firm for a complimentary case review.