Rideshare services like Uber offer unmatched convenience. No wonder they continue to become more popular daily. Though such rideshare services are great, they’re not free from risks like car accidents. If you get hurt in an Uber accident as a pedestrian, passenger, or any other road user, you might have the right to claim compensation.
An Ashland Uber accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could offer representation in your legal pursuit. We can handle the complex legalities while you seek treatment to help you recover compensation for all your injuries and losses.
How Our Ashland Uber Accident Lawyer Can Help
Although Uber has insurance for accident victims, its policies differ from other car insurance policies. This means that pursuing compensation can be challenging. Don’t fret; this is where our personal injury lawyers can come in to help.
As your legal counsel, we may do the following:
- Investigate the accident to establish its cause and identify the at-fault party or parties
- File a lawsuit on your behalf within the statute of limitations
- Gather evidence to build a strong case
- Negotiate with the liable party and/or the insurance adjusters
- Advocate for your rights at trial, if necessary
Our law firm can take your case on a contingency fee basis, so you’ll not pay any upfront fees and costs to hire us. We get paid after resolving your case and securing monetary compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
Liability and Policy Limits in Uber Accident Cases
Although Uber’s insurance usually covers passengers, partners, and any other road user involved in an Uber accident, the coverage or policy limits depend on whether the driver was working for Uber at the time of the accident. Uber is only liable for a driver’s negligence if the app is on.
Here’s how Uber’s coverage limits work:
When the App Is On and Waiting for a Ride Request
This insurance covers a driver and accident victims if the driver has logged into the Uber app but has not yet accepted a ride request.
Should an accident occur during this period, Uber will be liable and can pay the victim up to $50,000 coverage for bodily injury liability per individual and $100,000 coverage in bodily injury liability for every accident. Uber can also provide $200,000 in additional liability insurance during this period.
When the App Is On & the Driver Is Going to Pick Up or Drop Off Passengers
If an accident occurs once an Uber driver accepts a ride request or they’re on the way to pick up or drop off the passenger, Uber provides up to $1 million in third-party liability coverage.
Coverage When the App Is Off
Ubers aren’t company or commercial vehicles, meaning the rideshare company doesn’t own any vehicle and can deny liability. Uber drivers are independent contractors and have full ownership of their vehicles. They only work for Uber when the app is on. Since Uber drivers are independent contractors, they can also be liable for accidents.
Therefore, if a driver is involved in an accident when the app is off, we’ll hold them liable and help you pursue compensation from their insurer. Uber requires all drivers to have personal insurance policies. If any other driver or party is at fault, they may be liable for your injuries.
Ashland Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Ashland Uber Accident
We can help you seek recoverable damages after an Uber accident. The award you’ll get usually depends on the severity of your injuries, losses, and the effects of the accident on your life.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and the rest of our firm could help you recover some of the following:
- Medical bills, including future medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity or diminished earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or physical impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress and trauma
If the accident was fatal, family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit and seek damages for medical costs, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of income or support.
What to Do After an Uber Accident in Ashland, Kentucky
What you do after any car accident, including an Uber accident, can affect your case. Here are several steps we advise you to take to protect your rights:
- Contact the authorities: If your injuries allow you, request an ambulance and seek medical attention right away. We’ll use your medical records and hospital bills when determining your damages. When the police report to the scene, they’ll secure it, collect evidence, and issue tickets, which helps us determine fault.
- Collect witness information: Get the contact information of the witnesses on the scene. We can use this information to locate them and record their statements, which can help support your case.
- Get driver information: You must get the Uber driver’s information, including their license number and insurer’s details. Get information from other drivers involved as well.
- Take pictures of the scene: Take pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, road conditions, and property damage.
- Consult our Uber accident attorney: Reach out to us immediately for legal representation after such an accident. Our attorney can advise you about your legal options and the next steps to fight for your rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys Stand Ready to Take Your Case
As a victim of an Uber accident, you might be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries and other damages.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve recovered more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients, and our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience. Our Ashland Uber accident lawyer is ready to handle your case, but don’t wait too long to start your case. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 restricts how long you have to sue the liable party. Contact us for a free case review.